The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. balsbigbrother New Member

Still I think you should make note of the closure more prominent. Players from EQ, EQ2 etc may have had an interest in the game and intended to take a peek once the all access conversion gave them the option. Its kind of bad form to then pull the rug from under their feet a couple or so months later. Just my opinion of course :(
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

By popular demand, SOE is going to keep giving a 500SC unlimited stipend each month instead of getting the proposed 2000SC limited stipend. The only change from the original stipend is that players must log in each month to claim it (once the change is implemented).
  3. RadarX Community Manager

This is fair feedback but they'll still have 4 months to try it out. Realistically, you can see tweets from Smed and he'll be doing an AMA on Reddit in a little bit. It's not our goal to hide this and we'll be very open. It just needs to be in the appropriate area.
  4. Springcoil New Member

I also enrolled in the yearly plan when there was the 25% discount is that going to be changing due to the change in plan name?
    theriatis likes this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

What's the link for Smed's AMA on Reddit??
    Sandyfoot likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

It was dismissed instead for claiming 500 SC "spend it where you want it SC" if you want 2000 SC you have to either buy it separately or wait four months. The majority of buyers would rather have the freedom of the 500/month over the 1-time use voucher.
    daicia likes this.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. terrawyn New Member

Ok... am i understanding this right... will all gold members automatically become all access? and if so... its really a crappy deal for people only playing one game... i play eq2 and have no intentions of playing anything else... but i would still have to pay for it ??? hope for a clear answer on this....
  9. Azerack New Member

I like this much better and in trade for logging in, I still get the 500SC AND it's now $5 cheaper for me? Thanks!
    Oh, what about Legends of Norrath? Still getting the 5 free packs per month, too, right?
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Not really: price doesn't change for you, you only have the opportunity to play something else if you want to. Price only changes for previous all access members who can just drop to a regular gold access now.
    daicia likes this.
  11. Polgara New Member

Just need a clarification here RadarX. What does grandfatered account exactly mean?
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The grandfathered accounts are the EU accounts created with SOE prior to a game transition (aka for us before EQ2 went with Prosieben on 2013 June 20). Those accounts weren't moved to Prosieben and so stay with SOE and become all-access-but DCUO/Planteside2.
    Some of the EU all-access accounts also retained DCUO access through SOE
  13. RadarX Community Manager

The short answer on this is, if you are an SOE customer, your account will convert to All Access.
  14. Polgara New Member

I'm a happy SOE customer right now. Thank you :)
  15. Ssrilith Member

So I see not only Vanguard but three other SOE games are shutting down. So all access doesn't mean too much now. :( But my worry is this, is EQ2 soon to follow down the road of doom too? :(
  16. Seffrid Active Member

So does that mean that as a UK player still currently playing EQ, EQ2 and VG through SOE (the latter two as a gold member, the former as silver), I will be able to play both EQN Landmark and Everquest Next itself through SOE, given that both are stated to be part of the new All Access arrangements?
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  17. Polgara New Member

Q: How does the new All Access program differ from the old one?
    A: The price for SOE All Access will be reduced from $19.99 to $14.99 and will replace existing SOE game memberships, on or about April 2nd, 2014, for the following games: DC Universe Online (PC), PlanetSide 2 (PC), EverQuest, and EverQuest II, as well as Vanguard: Saga of Heroes*. We have confirmed that Dragon’s Prophet will be included in the program as well, and are working closely with Runewaker to determine additional benefits. Finally, the new plan will also expand to include our upcoming titles, EverQuest Next and EQN Landmark!
    How does it work? As an example, if you are a gold member in EverQuest II, you’ll soon be upgraded to SOE All Access with full member entitlements in ALL eligible SOE games! You don’t need to lift a finger – it will all be done automatically.
    You will be able to log in to claim a monthly grant of 500 SC (one grant per account), and will receive 10% off ALL Marketplace purchases. Some exclusions will apply, including Station Cash top-ups, Krono and membership purchases. SOE All Access members will also be eligible for exclusive promotions and offers throughout the year.

*Members of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will automatically be upgraded to the new SOE All Access program until the sunset of the game on July 31, 2014. Please read further down this FAQ for special considerations around this game.
  18. RadarX Community Manager

I can't provide you an answer to EverQuest Next. I can tell you that EverQuest Next Landmark will be through SOE.
  19. Kaian New Member

Something I'd really like clarified, please, if you could.

Great news about the grandfathered accounts - as an EU player who was fighting tooth and nail (and various other pointy things) to stay with SOE rather than be forced over to Pro7, I'm grateful.
    However - part of the agreement as I understand it with Pro7 was that they would administer the European clientbase for EQN, and that this woud involve all EU EQN players having to make an account with Pro7, whether they had an existing grandfathered account with SOE, or not.

This would seem to be totally at odds with the inclusion of EQN in the All Access Plan.

Could you please reassure me that grandfathered EU players will NOT have to create an EQNext account with Pro7?
    I was unable to sign up for EQN Beta with SOE and was compelled to create a Pro7 account to sign up for it instead, which only adds to the confusion and mixed messages going on here.

Of course, it follows that if grandfathered EU players do, after all, have to sign up with Pro7 to play EQN ... then we will end up paying two subscriptions in order to play all SOE games, and not one. I'm sure this isn't intended ...

EDIT: looks like someone else asked something similar, in a more succinct way, before me ... however, my point concerning the possible double subscription still stands.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  20. gaeca Member

Its good that,if im reading it right those of us using krono's for our gold membership will get the full benefit of this move.