Server Merge's Please.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pownsta, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Charlice Well-Known Member

What level are you, and what server are you on?

I honestly hope there isn't another server merge for a long long time if ever. It's a pita.
  2. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

The server selection screen shows server load, not population, they are not the same thing. We don't know the exact hardware setup they're using, each server is probably not identical. More than likely, the hardware is replaced or upgraded piecemeal, since doing so all at once would be expensive and require significant downtime. This means that some servers with lower capacity could show heavy load even if its population is the same as one that reads moderate load.

Population isn't everything, anyway. Some servers may have a generally more active PUG culture, while a populous server may be mostly soloers or hardcore raiders that rarely do heroic content.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I mean, idk about everyone else's server.
    I personally usually never have a hard time getting a group going. either guild group for dom or pug group for anything else, or a random tell to join someones group cause they grouped with me this one time at band camp and I was the bees knees, cause I am usually the one forming the group. as someone mentioned it does go faster than just saying "lfg"
    but tanks/healers are rough. some blame the way gear altting is now, I wouldn't say that because it seems pretty darn easy to gear an alt. gear the potent armor fast, BG for the jewelry fast. all good
    but man tanks esp are in the low numbers these days.
    and just by a rule of numbers, more people, more possible tanks.
    and I am pretty sure most of the server knows this too. it will be slow tells usually until I say I have a tank and than bam! tells everywhere

people thinking that the lower population the server the less lag are clearly crazy too
  4. Darkfoz Active Member

Nah with Everfrost you've got about twenty people lfg and doing nothing about it so.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I love doing that lol. I put out "Labs of Mutation LF DPS/Healer pst" and the next 2 lines of chat are:
    - Wizzy LFG
    - 95 Warden LFG preferably ToV

Are people really so lazy they don't want to send a tell and they hope I will just invite random people who LFG to my group without speaking to me?
    Prrasha likes this.
  6. Corv Member

Hopefully Group Finder will get released soon. We all know that it was planned for this expansion based on the slide presentation. It would be even better if it were a cross-server queue.
  7. alQamar Active Member

Cross server queues lead to griefing since you'll never need the other players again anyway. I strongly hope they don't do this.
  8. Ucala Well-Known Member

yea that happens sometimes when I form groups up. personally I take it as "I'm the one with the group, they aren't sending me a tell, so they clearly are locked or don't want to run said zone"
    Estred likes this.
  9. Jolemai Active Member

Sadly the OP has already ignored this request once, so this thread is probably a nothing thread.

"Dear Devs, there were no Astral Adorns of Critical Chance on the broker last night, merge servers please!!!"

Honestly.
  10. Veeman Active Member

A vote? At Sony? A response from a Dev or employee? At Sony? HAHAHA. You may want to go back to WoW now.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Playing on some of the higher population servers as well as some of the lower population servers, don't count on population making that much difference in prices. I've also played WoW on a fairly high population server & it most certainly didn't guarantee any particular item you wanted would be available at all times, or would be what you would consider a reasonable price.

It's all about who is selling what at what time & if the local buy low- sell high folk are on their game. In EQ2 there are the 'transmutables', which tend to hold value simply because people don't want to go farm lower zones. And the rarer collectables, they always sell for quite a bit, even if by rarer it just means they come from lower level zones where people don't end up spending much time because of the leveling curve. There is also the influx of money into the game from the very large high level population that keeps prices high as well. Demand for things drives prices up ridiculously as well. For a while after the Skyshrine update for instance, lvl 90 HANDCRAFTED rings were selling for insane prices. Not talking 50g -1 pp, talking 20-50 pp and more at times. For a handcrafted ring, because they were the next tier of item & stats were better than much of the jewelry from the previous tier. At this time you aren't going to find high end adornments on the cheap very often. Closer to the time of the next expansion perhaps, but not right now.

If you can't find high end, uncommonly dropped, much needed crafting components or items made from those...um yeah that's because people are keeping them to use for themselves & their guild. It's the rare person that gets components for adornments that says, " Oh man, I SO didn't need anymore of those." Many of those that do give/sell the items/components directly to people in their guild that do need them.

And keep in mind, much needed items are the ones that are going to go first. Check the broker often if you are looking for something specific.

For grouping, what EQ2 really needs to do is get their dungeon finder functioning properly and heavily encourage people to use it to fill out groups.
  12. pzpz Active Member

guys, there's nothing wrong with the population of eq2, its at the highest its ever been. please change nothing.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think this is a case of "I tried to use the dungeon finder and it dumped me in an instance all by myself, so there must be no one on my server". /agree with Finora. Get Dungeon Finder fixed ASAP!!
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

this made me lul.
    thanks for the morning laugh
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Get the coffee mopped out of your keyboard yet? :D
  16. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I have seen growth on 3 servers Freeport, Antonia Bayle and Everfrost. Crushbone has stayed steady and naggy has taken a turn for the worse. Unrest seems less active but I still see people lfg there and chatting in general in the mid afternoon to late evening. I attribute this slight curve in activity and growth due to the heroic toons and the expansion release.

Since pownsta hasn't decided to reveal his server I looked up his forum name on eq2u. only 2 show up under that name ( if that is his characters name) I show them on Oasis and Permafrost

I agree that Oasis and Permafrost are low pop servers and it wouldt hurt to merge those two. I myself have been through 2 server merges. One i hated because it brought more drama to my server at that time than good players lol. I was on Grobb then and wished they never merged another server with it lol
    Feara likes this.
  17. RadarX Community Manager

We do in fact read these threads. I haven't responded because honestly there are no plans to do a server merge right now..

We monitor populations very carefully and obviously we want both our players on servers they feel are populated and to make the most efficient use of hardware as possible. In the event these become necessary, we will certainly make an announcement.
    aspekx, Siren, Ladymist and 1 other person like this.
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

I think you did a good job with your request Pownsta except you really needed to list the server your on.

Thanks to Ladymist, we now know.

I know RadarX posted a really nice response to how they monitor populations but I do think an in-game poll on Oasis and Permafrost might be needed and the total number of Character Server Transfers should be looked at as well.

I did not find this very helpful.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

If by 'better broker prices' you mean lower ones, server merges aren't necessarily the way to go. Butcherblock has a lower server population then either Freeport or Antonia Bayle, and the broker prices on Butcherblock are almost always LOWER then those on the two other more populated servers. More people doesn't just mean more sellers, it means more buyers as well. And for some items the number of buyers increases faster then the number of sellers, so the prices end up going UP with higher populations.
  20. Darkfoz Active Member

How is it hard to solo when there's 'no one' around?