(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

The damage bonus for your base stat is used when calculating your max ability mod (per art).
  2. Krishtah New Member

Xelgad,

Can we get an update, or confirmation of "no change," to Combat Mechanics and Player Progression you posted back on June 17, 2010? Also, will Ministration ever do more than reduce power cost of Ministration abilities?

Link to above citation in-case you didn't "click" on it: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...mbat-mechanics-and-player-progression.491258/

Thanks,
    Krishtah

PS An "edit" (amendment) to the original post of this thread would be awesome to keep it all together, thanks!

Link to above citation in-case you didn't "click" on it: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/some-of-the-current-systems-formulas.542211/
  3. Uncle Active Member

Xelgad,

can you double check the dps mod numbers cause atm on live with 691 dps mod and im only @ 624 % higher then normal.

which does not match what you posted

Damage Per Second - Damage Multiplier
    100 - 2x
    200 - 3x
    300 - 4x
    400 - 5x
    500 - 6x
    600 - 7x
    1000 - 8x
    1600 - 9x
    2300 - 10x
    Kraeref likes this.
  4. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Why? It makes perfect sense for me. 700 is 625%, 800 is 650%, 900 is 675% and 1000 is 700%
    Feldon likes this.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

So for a druid HOT you just sum the tick values and divide by 2 ?

Thanks i had been looking for that information for a long time.
  6. Uncle Active Member

no it doesn't if I am at 691 dps mode it should be 726% higher not 600 and some change since 1k = 8x or 800 percent higher
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

no... 100% additional damage is hitting 2x harder. 600% additional damage is hitting 7x harder. That's where your confusion is coming in.
    Feldon and Wirewhisker like this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I believe Xelgad's table is misleading then. It should say that with each 100% added dps to 100% to begin with we are getting 100% damage multiplier increase (so 200% dps in character window means 200% basic damage increase or x2)
    So if I have 0%dps then my weapon doesn't hit. 100% dps it hits normally one times the base.
    Then with additional 100% (so 100% initial plus 100% additional dps) a weapon hits 2 times the base.
    So basically 700% dps is 700% increase in base damage (or x7). Therefore, to get the weapon damage increase x8 we need to have 1100% dps in our character window.

Devs need to re-phrase wording in their table then.
    Though it would be different from what multiattack meant before. 0% ma meant you still get one swing of a weapon. 100% ma in character table was saying 2 swings of a weapon.

Either way Xelgad's reply would be greatly appreciated. It would clear confusion in wording.
    In current state we are getting lower damage with dps than we had with ma.
  9. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Imho there is no consufing part. I dont know what you read into it, but the given numbers make perfect sense for me.
    You attack for soandso dmg.
    With 100 DPS you attack for 100% MORE damage, thus dealing 2x dmg.
    This goes till 600 DPS which means you hit 7 times harder.

Here the Softcap starts. Every 100 DPS now gives only 25% dmg so you need 1000 DPS to hit 8x harder.
  10. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Wrong. 600 DPS is 700% increase in dmg.
  11. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Not what it says in your character window. Check yours.
    Xelgad's explanation is needed.
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's actually even wronger than I thought. Right now I have 818.5 dps in my character window and the tooltip says my autoattack will be 655% higher than normal. Where is x7 times in here I wonder?
    So something is wrong with devs formula. Need a dev's input. Thanks.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

655% higher may mean 755%, 0% higher is 100%, 100% higher is 200% and so on.
  14. Dyynah New Member

Exactly.. Why do ppl find this confusing ?
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I am above 800 already. It means 200% more than 600dps. And in Xelgad table it says 600dps multiplier is 7. X7 meant 700% in math language. Nowhere im his table it says additional to initial 100%. At 700dps it already should've said in tooltip 700% higher then it should start diminishing.

What I asked for is his reply. Can I? And what is normal damage then? 0 or a base?
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Kalika,

You maybe very well correct. It's just the wording needs to be brought to consistency here and in the character window. That's pretty much it.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not about 'wording' it's about how math works. How Kalika explained it is exactly how the numbers, the math, works. The infomation we were given were probably taken from the tables the game uses, which speaks 'math'.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Xyjyx Active Member

It's not confusing at all, if you're halfway decent with basic math. From the tooltip-

Your auto attack damage will be XXX% higher than normal against monsters and XXX% higher against players.

Normal would be 100%.
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I am rather English impaired that's what creates confusion. :) but I will take this one too. Less than a half-decent.)))
  20. Rotherian Well-Known Member

autoAttackDamage = baseDamage + (damageMultiplier * baseDamage);

Code:
    Damage Per Second - Damage Multiplier
    100 - 2x
    200 - 3x
    300 - 4x
    400 - 5x
    500 - 6x
    600 - 7x
    1000 - 8x
    1600 - 9x
    2300 - 10x
    Which means:

Code:
    Damage Per Second - Comparison to Normal Damage
    100 - 100% higher than normal
    200 - 200% higher than normal
    300 - 300% higher than normal
    400 - 400% higher than normal
    500 - 500% higher than normal
    600 - 600% higher than normal
    1000 - 700% higher than normal
    1600 - 800% higher than normal
    2300 - 900% higher than normal
    (Because it is adding the product of the multiplier and the base to the base.)

If your DPS Mod falls between two numbers on the chart (for example, between 600 and 1000), divide the remainder (i.e. the part remaining when you subtract the lower bound - which, in this case, is 600) by the difference between the lower bound (600) and the upper bound (1000). So if your DPS Mod was 850 (for example), then you would divide the remainder (250) by the difference between the two bounds (400) to get 62.5%*. Adding this to the percentage listed in the comparison chart for the lower bound would mean that a 850 DPS Mod would cause your autoattack to hit for 662.5% higher than normal (against mobs).

Disclaimer: Any errors in this post are my fault (and, to a lesser degree, the turkey's fault), and not the fault of the tables supplied by Xelgad.

* You can do this for any of them, but at 599 and lower DPS Mod, the math is easier, since the difference is 100 between each of the bounds up to and including that point.
    Livejazz and Alenna like this.