(Some) of the Current Systems Formulas

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xelgad, Nov 13, 2013.

1. slippery Well-Known Member

Increased by a straight 10% over it's current amount or 10% of the difference between min and max? Is a 100-1000 spell going be 110-1000 or 190-1000?
  2. Dedith Well-Known Member

I asked Xelgad when we were chatting about the new formulas, it is 10% of the difference between min and max.. which isn't how I've been doing it on the weapon previews on the armory and I need to update that.
    Kraeref likes this.
  3. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Can we get the rest of the matrices/tables/formulae released please, along with soft/hard caps?
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I really would like to understand weapon bonus and spell weapon bonus. Nothing is shown anywhere. Do they increase damage of weapons equiped? I am guessing yes. Could it be about weaponry and spellcasting skills?
  5. Whitetide Active Member

I assume(due to the fact that the numbers are seemingly small for weapon bonus) that these are some sort base multipliers... devs confirm/deny? :p
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

This would help, weapon bonus is not even displayed in the toon sheet.

I wonder what means 0,5 weapon bonus damage, is that in percent ? does it mean we make 1,0005 ?

What is the unit ? Is that unit the same than the one used for class-aa that raise melee damage ?
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It's a percentage. My head piece has 7.4% spell weapon bonus and 7.4% weapon bonus.
    I would like to understand to what stat or skill to apply it.

I guess I have to check eq2wire with it on and without it and go through everything to find out what changed.
  8. Draylore Well-Known Member

Yeah it would be nice if the UI showed your total +WDB. The data might be avail for custom UI to use.......no clue thou.

I know what it does..... /weapon as you swap pieces out helps see the effect. Just would be nice to have it on the stat sheet in a readable format......i.e like CB or Potency is.
  9. Luanne Active Member

Weapon damage bonus is auto attack only, and it's just a modifier to damage of the weapon. So yeah it's good to have if you do a lot of auto attacking. I'm not sure of where exactly it applies in the formula (base dmg, dps mod, dmg bonus, crit bonus).
    It would be nice to have a list of every formula and how it's calculated mathematically.

Right now the math seems to be broken on procs and crits. If you have under 100% crit, the game mechanics aren't working like they did last xpac. It crits several times in a row, then it doesn't crit several times in a row, making things very unreliable. Only really happens in pvp, or in a zone if you don't have enough crit.
    Can test it by doing into a new solo zone with ~420 crit instead of 465 and watch how the crit and non crit rolls come out. The same thing is applying to PROCs right now too. Either they all proc at the same time, or nothing procs. It's like the RNG is broke.
  10. Alienor Member

Why is this not available in game :)? For example as tool tip (with reduced detail ofc)
    Uyaem and Wirewhisker like this.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

Well if they wanted to add these statistics in full detail in the game they could simply create a "combat mastery" book players can read. then they'd jsut have to update the book every time there is a mechanics change to stats.
    Livejazz, Avianna and Wirewhisker like this.
  12. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Great idea.
  13. Luanne Active Member

They have something like that for DCUO.. But never for this game, not sure why.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this information. I am a relatively new player and the stat curves were totally befuddling me!
    Now -- if someone could give some information on Ability Modifier and Potency, I would appreciate it it greatly. There is a good in-game scroll over description on the ability modifier. My problem is that I am so dense I don't know which abilities it modifies.............

And I concur. An official guide would be helpful. Plotting data points to figure it out for oneself is not my idea of fun, nor do I like relying on copying stats of folks who copied stats from someone else.............. My guess is that there are a lot of folks who just give up on trying to figure this all out and go do something else with their leisure time.

Seeing the actually data curve is exactly what I have been looking for! Please, give us more!
  15. Snapshot Active Member

Ability modifier works on all spells, combat arts, heals, wards etc.. that has a point system in the tool tip. It caps at 50% of your unmodified abilities top end damage tool tipped. Blue aoes only gain 1/3 of the benefit from ability mod as they hit more targets, greens do not have this diminish. If an ability does it's damage in several hits such as 2 hits instantly or a damage over time ability, add all of the top end damages together then divide by 2.

To figure out your abilities mod cap try this.
    Kalika likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

the max ability mod is modified by potency and the boost your main stat gives your damage abilities.
  17. Snapshot Active Member

those boosts are also on the tool tip, thought it was obvious :(
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Thanks, Snapshot and Mermut! This helps a lot.
  19. Teah New Member

Thank you very much for clarifying. Now I can arrange accordingly as well as share the correct information ^^)
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Basic AB mod rule.

X = your base spell damage/heal (see the spell on eq2u, not what it shows when you inspect in game)

Y = Potency

AB cap = (X * (1+Y/100))/2

So if X is 2k and Y is 300, AB cap is (2000*4)/2 = 4000
    If X is 2k and Y is 400, AB cap is (2000*5)/2 = 5000