Unfair Avatar Monopolizing

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Lordtomcat, May 23, 2013.

1. Estal Well-Known Member

Its easier for the devs than to create new raid encounters from scratch.
  2. Ryptide Member

Yea I guess they will probably reuse a current instanced zone.
  3. Hammdaddy Active Member

By this change, can we get a option to fight the avatars from EoF,RoK,and TSO to get their loot for alts?
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Funny, I assumed it was for kill counts on rankings.
  5. Quabi Active Member

As someone who did that on Test Copy years ago, I can say that it would have been much more convenient to be able to practice on Live.

With that said, I think a triggered spawn would have been cooler for practice than just putting them in instances. The loot would have had to have been even worse that way (or non-existent), but it might have gotten guilds acclimated to pulling in a contested zone, which can be a little different.
  6. Grimtouch New Member

Tunare has less strat than the spider in HM sullons. Tallon has a strat? Marr has a very basic strat that isn't very involved. Tallon is more of a dps check than a strat. Sullon is similar to Vallon but less dps check and has a red text oh joy. Then you have Rodcet which is also quite easy. Realistically theres harder fights in the Drunder HM lvl 90 raid zone then the avatars, and quite a few.... The gear does not need to be between there, you have PoW for that. PoW mobs are harder than avatar mobs lets be honest here.
    Pixilicious likes this.
  7. Mankar Active Member

That is 100% fair. Honestly I don't even see why they are doing this? Its not like if you weren't pulling avatars before this change you are magically gonna be pulling the contested ones after the changes. My comment was mainly that if gear is dropped at all it should be between there so the only people even using the zones would find it useful, but personally I don't think these things should drop gear...or even exist outside their current contested forms.
  8. Jacck Active Member

I wish I could like this like, a hundred times. Sums up my thoughts on the whining that has been going on about contested raiding for years. The same crying was happening all the way back to T5. Omg, why does one guild have contested Venekor locked down. And the V named outside the temple in the pond by Agony.
  9. Balbasur Active Member

hope it gets bumped up to actual contested avatar loot
  10. Balbasur Active Member

This is good change, but the gear should be equivalent to contested.
  11. Lempo Well-Known Member

It absolutely should not count for kill counts on rankings.
    The rankings are for CONTESTED avatars and it is in no way a level playing field.
  12. Mankar Active Member

Contested no longer count on rankings, except the 3 new ones when they are released I would assume.
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Very nicely said ! <3
  14. Raenius Well-Known Member

Erh, no! No need to reward lazy *** players like you this way.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I love this sentiment. Players that are unwilling or unable to adjust their playtime to content spawn schedules are 'lazy'
    Venomizer and Ranga like this.
  16. Ranga Active Member

Perhaps the only change that is needed is for Avatars to spawn regular as clockwork, half an hour into prime time for each server once every 4 days.

Now that WOULD be contested :D
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

They just aren't as dedicated. Complaining about avatars like this is no different than complaining instance mobs are too hard.
    Alenna likes this.
  18. Crychtonn Active Member

A contest in who is the fastest clicker to activate and lock the encounter to their raid.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

Dude, you came up with some big whawha in the past - and I say it again: pulling the rl-card saying you cannot do something what others manage is no valid argument to push through changes upon this game.

Its like you know when a football game happens but you cant attend to it and want the schedule changed, wont happen - adapt or dont - its just that simple.
    Neiloch likes this.
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

Players that are unwilling to even watch for Avatars during their raid time are lazy.
    Neiloch likes this.