Erollisi Day 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I forgot to list it amongst the changes, but I corrected both the icon and the asset at the same time.
    ~Kaitheel
  2. Kaitheel Developer

They've got such nerve! This is Erollisi Day, now give me a love note when I kill you. C'mon, get in the spirit!

~Kaitheel
    Cloudrat likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

1) Absolutely no change.
    2) Intentionally changed to an event coin.

~Kaitheel
  4. Kaitheel Developer

Other colors will be made available.

~Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

The contests are different and the number of points gained are different, too. It would not make sense to treat them all as the same when it comes to rewards. As for the Cala Lilies are part of the top prize tier, unlocked with 80 points.

~Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

Hmm... That was the intention.
    • “Tainted Love” is offered by The Lady of Insurrection (Ullkorruuk) for those that already completed the quest “Unforgettable” and not “Heal the Pain.”
    • “Heal the Pain” is offered by Sister Katey Dalwynn in for those that already completed the quest “Unforgettable” and not “Tainted Love.”
    We don't have many permanent repercussions to actions, which can be debated as a good or bad thing.

So, let me ask those of you participating in testing this event, Is there much support for changing this?

~Kaitheel
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a GOOD reason or will any reason do? As in I'm a quest nerd and I like to do all quests ;)
    BUt, I've no real issue with their being represcussions now and again :)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ditto. In a way, it makes sense that there are repercussions in this one, since they are such solidly good (or evil) acts. A case could be made that you could have had a change of heart since last year, but the logic is cohesive, as opposed to just being a game mechanic for the sake of a game mechanic. :)

It mostly just startled me, more than anything else. (Especially since the character doing the quest is a "good" type - but last year I didn't have any true evils running through the quest on Test, so I must have made a conscious choice for her to be bad in order to test the quest. ;D)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  9. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

As an altaholic with many who have betrayed to become good and vice versa, I am not sure it those that have should be shoved down the shute of their past:)
    Kaitheel and Finora like this.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I am in love with the look of the new tiles and blocks ! I can see them mixing and matching in many decors. The roses in the vase yay! All the crafting items are lovely and thanks !!!
    [IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Got mail. Just an item of note, the icon for mail in spell effects, when you hover over it read as 1 unread message (0 Messages with attachments).
    However the mail does have an attachment ;)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I /bug ed it in game but... I couldn't link or examine the new recipe book.

(and, as always.. hearts-a-flutter.. no sound.)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Crafting
    The stone of adoration block and half block have the wrong icon (same one as tinkered beasts, illusions and stones of gygax instead of wooden block)
    Crafting works fine and I love the new outfit. The box is also great (aka not stained or chipped).
    I realised when crafting old sweets for the achievement that the bartender and provisioner in Qeynos harbor are not selling vanilla beans. it's unrelated with erollisi but weird.

Race
    I don't think adding the topiary to the best times in the run is a real problem. 3 people can do 90+ at the same time in Antonica at least, so if you time your runs at a good time of day, you should be able to grab several wthout too much problem.

Halas/SoL Quest
    I'm not 100% convinced about the gating of the opposite alignment quest depending on what you already did. I know that a whole bunch of my chars choose their quest depending on the house item reward.
    THANK YOU for bringing back the Fires of Anguish. I was clinging to my last remaining ones from back in the days. Would it be possible to put the goodie-side item from that old quest on the goodie-side? (Fires of Tranquility, quest reward from Dispelling the Hate). I know it would give an additional reward for the goodies, but why bring back one fire and not the other? (or add it on vendor).
    For those who don't know, both fires were from the shard of Hate prelude event.

Merchant
    I'm not overly fond of the house items bought from the merchant after unlocking the achievements being no-trade. Could those be made at least heirloom? Same goes for the actual achievement rewards.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

All house items are visible in the house "Live Event - Erollisi 2013" (medium homes/hall of fame - Leucosia's Opera house, Qeynos)

Niami also published one house, named "E-Day 2013 New Items" (medium homes/hall of fame - skyblade skiff in Qeynos iirc)

The building blocks name doesn't reflect their greyish colour (which is fine but surprised me)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Calthine Well-Known Member

This morning on Beta I went to see how the new Achievements would work with a toon that had previously gotten her 2k roses quest done. I harvested a rose in EL (was not offered any quest when I did so). I ran to 5 zones to find another person (haha!).

I gave a rose to a PC. I got nothing - no message, no update to the achievement but the rose was removed from inventory. I made sure I had a PC targeted and not an NPC, mercenary, or pet and gave them another. Again, nothing, and the rose was removed from inventory. Third time, same issue.

Broken!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  16. Dragan Active Member

Still Patching up Test, Any new story progression this year? I mean we now know what happened to the Steward of Drinal (We get quest from him in Ethernere) and what happens to the Alt Reality Cazzy and the current reality's Zek.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I'm torn on this. I can understand forcing you to stick by your choice, but as mentioned by others above, usually we pick either based on the alignment we'd rather side with and/or based on rewards we like. However it makes sense to not allow us to flip back and forth. Maybe add the rewards to the vendors, only visible if you have completed either of the quests for the current year?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

No, sadly. So much for her being a "returning" deity.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  19. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I had the script set up to award the full achievement if you've completed the quest, but apparently the script is never called if the quest is no longer active. D'oh! You did give me an idea, however. I've hooked a similar script to the roses themselves, so that anyone who has fully completed the quest can then give away 1 rose to gain the achievement. This fix should be in the next hotfix, so be sure to hang on to an extra rose =)
  20. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Have you tried this again? I hopped on Test yesterday and the scoreboard was full, so it seems to be working for most people. I can't reproduce the error locally, so I'm not sure what went wrong. Please let me know if your score still isn't making it on the board, and I'll get back on Test to see what the issue is. You were speaking to the NPC there and receiving your race rewards, I presume?