Experimental gear in Dungeon Maker is the fastest leveling ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rutaq, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Grumble69 Member

Sooooo, let me get this straight. It was a change to combat anti-social game play, and 3 sentences later you're talking about mentoring with your SK. Yeah, mission accomplished on encouraging grouping. :p
    -----
    My point still stands. If there are multiple mobs and I'm in an actual group setting (reread those words if necessary), I don't always get on the hate list with every single mob pulled. This particularly happens with single target classes. Note: I'm not saying I'm missing every encounter. It's a small but significant percentage. (rather it was, I'm 95 on all my toons now)
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

There is a reduction if you don't get on the hate list. You lose encounter xp which is a large proportion of the xp. You didn't lose this before the change.
  3. Mohee Active Member

If I mentor a lowbie with any of my 95's, even my conjuror... his autoattack pretty much 1 shots most mobs. You don't need a SK with chaos cloud.... I wish I could mentor lower level groups with the option of things still being a challenge. Wait... a mentor is a person that shows you and teaches you things right? Not someone who does stuff for you? lol /sarcasm
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

That is the aspect I was refering to thanks for putting it in words, I had forgotten the exact part but I had noticed a larger change when that happened.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

No problem. Not every mob gives encounter xp but any leashed groups do, ie any mobs that can't be solo pulled.

It's all about timing now to get max PL xp. You have to pull, get enough aggro, then let everyone get some hits/heals/etc in before pressing the "kill" button.

Best way is using a level appropriate AE CA on your L95 so you get aggro without killing everything! If you just body pull then the toons you're mentoring can rip aggro and die real easy as soon as they get on the hate list, but, if you're quick you can kill em all before they smack the squishy ones.

It gets harder and harder the higher you get in level, as pulling lots of mobs at L80 hit reasonably hard and when you're just standing there taking a beating by 20+ mobs, they eventually wear you down. It was a lot easier just killing them straight away before they got a chance to hit you too much!
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

What are you doing if you are not getting on a mobs hate list? Admiring the graphical detail on the wall? Staring at a tree? Taking care of an "itch"? Watching TV? Because it sure does not sound like you're pushing buttons.

When the change occurred, many stated that it is not difficult to get on an encounters hate list, even when multiples are pulled. This is true for every single character I have leveled since the change (12 different class types). It would seem you are experiencing a personal issue?

The change does encourage grouping. Previously, if a mentored down SK was grouped with a lowbie mystic, and trained through a room with a lowbie necro in it - the said necro would have very little chance of a positive response if they asked to join. Now, the necro can be invited without penalizing the mystic's EXP per hour. And the same applies for the lowbie troub in the next room. Mission accomplished.

As no one has been forthcoming with specific examples of how they suffered by the change to EXP distribution, I am left to believe those complaining were practitioners of mentoring down a high level character, with an otherwise AFK lowbie auto-following them around a zone. Working as intended. You're still getting fast EXP, and now you can take steps to get EXP even quicker still! Even those who somehow (how?) are actively playing and fail to make the hate list on a handful of occasions, they come out in front by nights end.

Edit to include: We should make a new thread if we want to discuss the pro's and con's of the EXP change, and if spectators are entitled to get the new enhanced EXP by watching a mentored toon 1-shot mobs. But it has little to do with the Dungeon Maker issue detailed by the OP.

EXP rewards from simplistic, uninspiring Dungeon Maker zones, should not exceed the EXP per hour of someone doing a solo quest line.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  7. Grumble69 Member

You've have obviously not played certain classes and not played enough in group.
  8. Avirodar Well-Known Member

I group a lot, with a number of different class types. Never had a problem. So, I ask you to name the "certain classes" that have problems.

It is time to cut to the chase. Provide some specific examples of zones/situations that cause problems worthy of note. Include details if any characters are being boxed, if anyone is mentoring, if mercenaries are being used, the level of the characters, and the level of the mobs.

Vague comments like "certain classes", in no way supports your stance.
    Enlighten me with credible information.
  9. Gideon Member

everything you do puts you on the hate list, cure,pot cure,heal,buffs that proc, armor proc etc etc just about any player action gets you on the list.
    the only way you wont get on the list is if you are afk, or standing there watching the fight.
    i can see a ranger having issues because some mobs die before then can get a ranged attack off,but even the rangers group temp combat buff would put him on the hate list.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Honestly, for a mentored/PL group it's hard for a lot of classes if the PLer doesn't wait after pull for everyone to do something, as you can 1 shot most things. You have to body pull too because ranged attack with 6 extra attacks from MA usually kills the target.

In a level appropriate group, I agree with you.
  11. Grumble69 Member

Yes and no. As I said earlier, we're talking about classes that are primarily single target (i.e. assassin, brig, necro). And we're talking about pulling several, non-linked mobs. You can be participating on one mob while the other(s) die and only get credit for the one mob you were whacking away on. Yes, I know these classes have some AE capabilities to get on the list. Yes, I know you can switch targets. I'm just saying that it's irritating when you are participating and you don't get full credit.

We got off on a tangent. But I still stand by my original assertion that there were better ways to handle these xp changes than hate list mechanics. If the intent was to squash PL'n, they pretty much failed as people (including myself) just changed how they did it. And that's not including DM.
  12. Vailene Member

Ah yes, another fantastic flaming thread. You have absolutely got to love these! Here's the deal:

I've been playing since EQ1 Beta and also EQ2 Beta. In both games I've obviously earned a great deal of things... Leveled up countless characters... Kicked a few midgets... etc...

The REAL fact of the matter here is, if people want to use this glitch... GOOD for them. MMOs are meant to be played the way YOU want to play them. And, we'll all obviously vary on how exactly that is.

Let's also touch base on the speed of this little supposed "exploit"... DM caps at 1 level no matter what you do... I'd guesstimate you MAY be able to go from 20-95 in about 8 hours provided you have a 110% potion on. But, that's of course just a guess.

Coincidentally, I can do this without ever stepping foot in a dungeon... LOL There's nothing being exploited here.

As I read through this non-sense, the flamers can't even get their facts right.

1.) The experimental gear is a pain. It takes about an hour or two to even make (I'm assuming you need 12 pieces of it)

2.) You can't even enter DM until Level 20. I think some person mentioned going from 15-95 in this fashion?...

3.) You can only get 1 level per time MAX in DM. Seems the hassle of leaving / re-entering the dungeon would waste a HECK of a lot more time than just doing a "real" PL with a few mentors.

4.) The fanboys of nerfing are usually consisting of people that of course earned EVERYTHING on their own. But, naturally ignoring the fact that their raiding gear was obtained through the help of their friends DURING raids. Unless of course you're raiding the top gear on your own... Then hats off to you!

5.) Regardless of what YOU'VE earned or FEEL you've earned on your own... You did it under your OWN terms and the way YOU like to play. Back off other people trying to do the same thing.

In conclusion, this doesn't need to be touched. It's people leveling the way they can because they probably don't have the time or resources that you personally have. They aren't hurting anyone doing it and at least they're putting in the time themselves instead of having their raiding guild ferry them around and pretending they did it all on their own. *wink*

Enjoy the realities of my post. :)
  13. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

This.

And yes, that experimental gear is a PAIN to make!
  14. Thegratefulhead New Member

You can get 1.99 level in one DM...You are told to go out and kill one thing if that is the case to maximize your run. If you have .01 200% vit you get fit or the whole dungeon. I received well over 1 million XP without running a potion in under 15 mins....It is ridiculous. Don't pretend it isn't.
  15. Peachie New Member

Those on Freeport all know me. And know I have a high moral value re: stuff like this.

However, it took me less than one hour to make all the armor and jewery and get my two lvl 20ish SK's ready for dungeon maker running.

One ways already in her 20s the other one I had to get to 20. Since that time I have been able to get my 93/94's up to 95, get the rest of my AAs and help a few people out along the way for free. For a change I am having FUN. I don't consider this an exploit.

I tell people when we enter they may die a time or two cause sometimes I lag and lose a couple mobs. Also, under lvl 90 gets one level up to 100%, goes out kills one mob gets the 2nd level.

I am not sure how you all do this in 3 minutes. Takes me a bit longer than that. However, again, I am having FUN doing it. Its a change from grinding certain levels and AAs and its a change from questing and crafting.

I hope they leave it as it.

Peachie.
  16. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Some people are reporting creation to 90 in 2 hours in DM instances.

I wish I could figure out how to make it work because I just get creamed in the DM instances. SOE won't ban anyone so I would love to exploit the hack out of this.
  17. Ladymist Well-Known Member

*beats dead horse some more* die die horsey Die!
    Cuelaen likes this.
  18. Vailene Member

Some people are also idiots. I'm projecting the absolute fastest this could be run is like 7 hours, but I don't even see how that would work out, which is why I said 8 in my prior post. There's STILL the limitations I mentioned above. Regardless of it's the 1.99 or not. From what I'm told, the 1.99 isn't even accurate during the 80-95 phase... But, that's just what I'm told. I wouldn't bother doing this crap myself it's too slow for me and I hate zoning. :)

People can complain all they want... I can PL a toon faster through zones than with this little "glitch"... SOE won't nerf this because it's not the most efficient way of leveling any how.

It's cute how people are playing it up though to try and get it nerfed without even knowing how it works. LOL

If there's 1 universal fact in Everquest and Everquest 2, it's people use silly little glitches like this for their own uses, then don't want anyone to have what they do, and go out of their way with falsifications to make it get nerfed.

SOE, don't waste your time. There's plenty of other YEARS older glitches that are tons faster.
  19. Lamatu Active Member

I saw this thread when it was first posted and decided I would try this when the recent double xp started.

I got a plate tank to lvl 20 on a free account and disabled xp. Next I bought all lvl 20 HC gear and jewelry off broker. Next since I had a 94 crafter I experimented and did 4 blessing procs and 8 smite procs on the gear. Each piece took 3-4 minutes to experiment once on.

On Crushbone there was already a DM setup for this and labeled as such but I decided to make a dungeon that only used two rooms in Lair of Scale and packed it with the max for the dungeon which is 2k rat zerkers npcs. Stacks were anywhere from 100 to 125 mobs.

Now the toon I wanted the levels on was on my account which already had 8 95's so 160% vet bonus. I zoned my F2P lvl 20 with the smite/blessing procs in along with my new lvl 20 which had bonuses of 200% vitalitly 100% dbl xp day 160% vet bonus and 110% 1hr xp potion for a total xp bonus of 570%.

One run through to kill 2k mobs in 2 rooms took 4-5 min and with the slider on full AA I gained 195AAs. Next run got me to 320AA on the new lvl 20. Next runs were all xp and you can't roll levels in DM like AAs. So from lvl 20-70 I would only kill one stack of mobs of about 125 and zone out for reach lvl. Around lvl 70 I had to kill 2 stacks and by lvl 75 3-4 stacks. Its wasn't until lvl 88 that I would actually kill the full dungeon's 15 stacks of 2k mobs. Levels 90-95 only required one run of 5 minutes each to level.

Total time for my new 95/320 on dbl xp day running a total bonus of 570% and in the course using my 2 claimed vitality pots from welcome back rewards and orb of concentrated memories was 2hours 45minutes from when I created the toon.

To get the most from your experimented armor you need the right DM and Crushbone has a few now under Lair of Scale.
    The smite procs at lvl 20 will hit for 28k, yes thats right 28k everytime the mobs hit you. The blessing procs heal for alot also and when they proc a lvl 20 toons Health increases to around 37-40k.

Also if you PL more than one toon you can get more xp and it will add a few more minutes. I couldn't PL more than 2 toons as the scale up killed my lvl 20 with 38k health and smite procs.

If this stays or gets nerfed I don't know but those are the facts from my experience with DM and smite procs.
    Sunrunner and Avirodar like this.
  20. Avirodar Well-Known Member

The overused and sorely abused "play my way" mentality is not a free ticket to exploit.

Anyone who thinks SOE intended for DM to be used in the way it is, is delusional. Taking advantage of unintended code/mechanics is exploiting. People who choose to exploit, choose to take the gamble. Most of the time SOE does very little in response to exploits, but sometimes SOE brings the hammer down.

To everyone exploiting Dungeon Maker instances, good luck.