Fury Discussion

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ZUES, Nov 9, 2012.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

First! :D

Fury's need deirability in raids!
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

More than they already have?
  3. AricaJade Member

list of ways to get furys desirability in raids

1. getta new guild/raid leader
    2. if 1 doesn't work, find new guild
    Arielle Nightshade and Aneova like this.
  4. Aneova Member

Rather have better power regen to keep enchanters from boycotting us.
  5. AricaJade Member

Or giving them carpal tunnel on extreme fights even when ur wearing & using some of the best Regen/clickies in the game for power. 8-(
  6. Naneel Member

In general, if anyone in the mage group dies because the fury's blue bar is empty, that's the chanter's fault. Just like it's my fault if someone in the same group has an empty green bar when my blue bar is not empty. I do what I can to help the chanter stave off shame, but some fights in pow are just silly with their power drains. In those cases, I give up dps so the real dps can stay alive.
  7. AricaJade Member

that doesnt always work on some of them sadly. straight heals & u still run empty & give ur chanter a heart attack even with all the clickies & stuff. it's ridiculous. i recast buffs & low lvl nukes just to proc mana stuff between heals/cures & clicky recasts & it's still not guaranteed that ill have enough to cure/heal the next time a det hits. we DESPERATELY need some sort of self management so we dont have to be so gear/chanter dependent. with all the complaining about power management i do, i've been very lucky in the gear/chanter department & i know how to get the most out of them. the furies that aren't so lucky stuggle all the time rather than just the extreme fights. i've been there before MANY times because of nerfs. i just wish they'd do something to fix it so it wouldn't be so extreme for the class as a whole.
  8. Boli Active Member

Furys should proc power on dealing damage spells; the reverse of wardens procing power on healing spells.

Everything else of the entire class is designed to be a solo healer and a DPS toon simultaneously... apart from power.
  9. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I don't understand where this power issue is coming from? I played fury as my main since launch , only had a little trouble in the first year. Unless ofcourse your referring to the new expac raiding that releases today. those mobs love to drain power.
  10. AricaJade Member

then you're the only fury that has no issues. i've been playing one for years, mostly hardcore, high end raiding & trust me, there are issues, even with the best gear available & the best chanters. do you run infusion? do you dps? infusion is a HUGE power hog & a BIG part of a fury's dps. on the extreme fights though, most furies don't run it because of the major issues.

i'm sure a lot of us would like to know how you have no issues with power as a fury since pretty much every other fury that i've spoken to over the years has to learn to become a master of power management, but it's still not enough, especially in the last expansion or so.
    Livya/Gyselle likes this.
  11. Ladymist Well-Known Member

alot of you? I only know 2 furies who are still learning how to manage power. Others have agreed with me in 1-9 power isn't a issue...odd

I dont do infusion in groups and raiding. i save that for soloing for dps ect. why you raiding or even running instances with the energy line maxed????? . your not a dps'r your a Healer and your to heal, vuln, cure, throw out items that add bonuses liek the debuffs for when mobs die. if your doing all that and competing dps your playing the wrong class. also alot of them make the mistake of having master of storms wich will contradict your heals aswell making you work twice as hard.

furies and wardens will never be dps, there are actual classes that fill that role in raids and tough instances
  12. AricaJade Member

wow...betray please. you don't have infusion? you don't have energy line maxed????? i don't know a SINGLE fury that doesn't...until now...we have debuffs? our debuffs are horrid. most furies don't have them on their hotbars because they're so bad, except for killing swarm. you don't have the dps stance??? let me guess, you run heal stance all the time? with all the bonuses for gear, aa, etc, you don't have to "work twice as hard" in dps stance. there's only actually a handful of mobs i have to run heal stance for & those are just for the extra boost it gives, not so i don't have to work so much.

honey, i have solo healed mage group on EVERY encounter in game & have for years, that includes ALL heroic & raid encounters. i know several others who have done this as well & we will all continue to. we do this WITH energy line maxed, WITH infusion on & WHILE dps'ing & WHILE keeping our own group FULL & CLEAN of dets & even cross-healing/curing when needed. we know what we're doing. you have no clue how to play the fury class. the fury is THE dps priest. infusion has been a class-defining trait since it was introduced into the game. if you're not having to heal/cure, what else are you going to do? sit & twiddle your thumbs? it gets boring, might as well dps, every class should be dps'ing, if they don't need to be doing something else, yes EVEN templars & defilers dps when they don't need to heal/ward/cure. & they can put out some pretty nice numbers too.

furies who actually strive to get the most out of their class will continue to play this way like they have for years, you can continue to play whatever you call yours, because it's not a fury, i don't know what it is, maybe an old school templar?

ps...i looked at your aa's...you have rebirth & no tshell, didn't even touch wild regen...that's enough to show you have no clue as a fury. anybody who knows me knows how i feel about the rebirth aa line...
  13. Aneova Member

You claim to be there to heal and not DPS yet most of your spec leans more towards DPS you took not a single AA boost to heal in the Fury or Shadows trees. You chose Kudzu which only works on damage spells and not animal form to have some hope of regening power, to go along with your melee pics on the fury tree. If you must take Rebirth, take the bonus for it to atleast get the AoE block when you pop back up to stand a chance to save your group. I could sit here and shred your spec but I'd be willing to talk with you as I'm sure other furies would to help get a better heal spec or just a better standard fury spec that would allow the best of both worlds.
  14. Ebofu Active Member

15. Furyatchu New Member

Sounds like you're the one that needs to change classes. As a raid fury, I rarely have power issues, thats as solo healer of the mage group, easy and hard modes. If you are running out of power a lot and its not raid wide, the problem is YOU. If your group members die a lot and its not from one shots, the problem is YOU. Get over it.
    Aeronaut, Shadeyblades and Ladymist like this.
  16. Ladymist Well-Known Member

"And the funny thing is you went and looked at my Solo spec and are trying to analyze it for a heal spec arica and aneova".

Also on a day we had to respec, i plopped basics in there real fast as you see I havent even spent all my points yet

And if your going down the energy line to heal for a raid and you don't see whats wrong with that...lol really? You need to go down the lines that give you heal crits and casting speed. You should be going down the wisdom line the stam line and down the agi to the wild regeneration.

Aneova the melee pick is heirphant very beneficial for getting out of being rooted the last one, nature blade was Only chosen to get to wild ferocity for its multi attack

I find it strange that you would give up those for a dps nuking line with heal procs that are so weak they arent even worth your time they proc between 20 and 30 single little points rofl
    Shadeyblades likes this.
  17. Azomonas Active Member

The ER is slow today. I like where this is going, keep it up!

Also, lol about rebirth. And kudzu. PS I think the otter tradeskill quest tunic is better than the set bonus you're getting, shiv.
    Ladymist likes this.
  18. Shadeyblades New Member

Yes you have debuffs, and why aren't you using them. They proc nice group bonuses upon the kill and intimidation reduces wis and agi by 35% you think thats too low to care?

Rebirth is important, it pops you back up and gets you back into the action, also less for the dirges to worry about so they can do their job instead of babysitting you and getting you backup. Some furies have revived whole groups when mobs is almost dead from reborth and because of it we actually were able to get the kill in

Your the ones who give furies a bad name, you dps your hearts out, cause the chanters to send power your way when theres better places to put it then whine you don't have enough power lol and with master of storms she is right, you do have to work harder it cuts your heals by a good 25% who really is the clueless one here?
  19. Ladymist Well-Known Member

I heard about the otter one and havent gotten to that yet. Thank you for the tip! Im going to wikia it
  20. Mesander Member

I know AricaJade is a good Fury...obviously she is a different personality from Ladymist when it comes to playing the class. The truth of the matter is...the Fury is such a versatile class. There is more than one way to skin a cat when speccing for groups/raids. It really depends on how your play style relationship is with your guild or whoever the common people are that you group with. Once upon a time I liked Rebirth and thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. After a while I realized that its not that great because even though I self-rezzed after a couple of seconds...that usually was all it took to wipe out the rest of the group/raid depending on the complexity of the fight and toughness of the boss. The end result is Rebirth works and the lone Fury is running for its life from the boss. I find that Tortoise Shell is much more effective. It has saved the group before in rough situations and was required alot of the time.

AricaJade doesn't need to spec for crit chance and casting speed because the last 2 expansions have allowed that to be acquired through raiding/grouping for gear.

I solo healed in my guild for a while during raids before I left the game a while back. The mage group belonged to me and I was parsing in the top 20% of the raid in DPS. A good chanter will always keep the Fury supplied with power. As a security measure I leveled up Tinkering so I could get Overclocked Manastone.

Again, it really depends on how you like to play the class. I personally am more like AricaJade...to me its more fun and really requires you to reach high and push the class to limit. Get everything you can out of it and them some.
    Livya/Gyselle, Tylia and Bels like this.