<Zek Expeditionary Korps> new casual guild on [Mangler]

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Tomar, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Tomar Journeyman

[IMG]
    Explorers wanted! Looking for a second job? Nope. What about some casual fun instead? Yes!

Our expeditionary unit is looking for more volunteers!

Recruitment is OPEN

All are welcome to apply. Special emphasis placed on the following:
    - Crafters are needed to monopolize the commons and reinforce the war effort.
    - Enchanters to win over crowds, shake some babies, and kiss hands.
    - DPS, death will be delivered by a thousand cuts (via parcel).
    - (true)Box armies, because why not? Plus you might be called upon for your DPS racing prowess...
    - Boxers, hell if you can shadow box then maybe I can convince you to PvP?

Everyone is encouraged to submit an application.

- Plate wearing soldiers and priests on the front lines ((WAR, SHD, PAL, CLR, BRD)). Don’t worry, the Bards will keep you motivated as you get torn down in this forsaken world time and time again!

- Mana sponges that can deliver a thousand cuts ((MNK, ROG, RNG)) as well as that occasional volunteer (looking at you Ranger) to become the sacrificial lamb:D

- Support troops to supply the front lines while they ""AFK" consisting of healers, logistics, artillery, and some good old fashioned chemical warfare ((SHM, DRU, WIZ, MAG, ENC, NEC)).

- Specialized units will be standing up ((ROG, CLR, DRU/WIZ)) designed exclusively for corpse extraction when everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

- Additional units ((ALTS)) will be encouraged to hand their hopes and dreams over to their local Priest of Discord in order to stand up red teams ((PvP)). These red teams will be designed to level together as static groups, train against each other in the most obnoxious areas, and occasionally invade the Selo server with an Alt of an Alt until DBG provides a Team PvP TLP. We haven't gone so far as to administer a blood oath among our ranks, at least not yet...

-Unsuspecting candidates will be hand selected to carry mules on their back (see above photo). Everyone else will be just be herded along.

Explorers inquire within!

-Who?
    A little bit of everything. All are welcome (e.g., casuals, new people, raiders, family, friends, trade skillers, adventurers, your talking dog, fans of lore, PvPs. Did I miss anyone?)

-Wth is this?
    A casual/social progression guild. Raids will be conducted three times a week (Progression Raids on Thursdays 7:30PM ET and Sundays 4:30PM ET. Dragon Raid days (open to all levels) on Tuesdays 8PM ET). Overall direction of the guild is content progression, exploring the unexplored, crafting, leveling, questing, and PvP for those that are interested.

-Where?
    Mangler server

-When?
    Now on discord https://discord.gg/DUzQMbz and https://zek.enjin.com/ and established on the 20th Anniversary Launch Weekend (in-game)

-Why?
    Because exploring and enjoying EQ has fallen to the wayside in favor of rushing content and farming the same stuff. Older TLP servers have become Raiding Guild wastelands. Newer TLP servers have become so painful to explore that people level their Alts on the Anniversary servers now. It gets old watching the same people raid the same things. There are so many zones that have been forgotten or abandoned and must be explored. We all came back to relive this experience... one. More. Time. Why not try a different approach?

-How?
    We will explore away from the beaten path. Dragon Raids will encourage our lower ranged explorers to experience something they may have never seen before. Our guild events will allow us to experience some PvP in the Arena, swim for your lives in Lake Rathetear, and even rediscover the zones that have been forgotten (hell maybe even learn some lore associated with it). Kind of monotonous if you don’t know why you’re there or what you're really looking at. We will progress/raid through content at a smoother pace. Our Progression Raids allow us to gear up the force as well as tackle content casually and efficiently without having to sacrifice your evenings every week as you eat your dinner alone smashing keys...

Still with me? Check out the the website at https://zek.enjin.com/ or the discord server at https://discord.gg/DUzQMbz and thanks for your time!

Signed,

Maneuvre
    Bard of Rallos Zek
  2. Tomar Journeyman

FAQ:

What is this ZEK project?
    Zek Expeditionary Korps explores, discovers, and conquers content on the Mangler server for the 20th anniversary of EQ in order to provide members with an unorthodox means of enjoying content.

Is this a PvP guild?
    Not exclusively. This is a PvE focused guild with a small detachment of PvP consisting of ALTs. In the event more players elect to try PvP and/or another guild challenges us as the undisputed PvP champions of Mangler, then we will re-designate our PvP ALTs as potential main efforts.

Will we raid?
    Yes. We have Dragon Raids that include all levels for them to witness as we scream "Witness me!" We also have Progression Raids designed to progress through content, equip our army, and claim much needed Epic drops.

What time/s?
    Progression raids are on Thursdays 730pm ET and Sundays at 430pm ET. Tuesdays are Dragon Raid days open to all levels starting at 8pm ET. We are currently in the process of re-evaluating our raid days/times.

Raid Loot rules?
    Suicide Kings on Dragon Raid days. DKP for all Progression Raids. Epic drops from either will be distributed by a Loot Council. This is complex and details can be found on our website linked above in original post.

What about Epic weapons?
    We will help with Epic clears as people become available. But this requires that each member be a self-starter, researches their plan, and then propose it to the leadership for approval of a sanctioned event clear. Epic drops during raids will be distributed by a loot council.

Rated M for Mature?
    Yes and No. Looking for immature adults with a mature attitude. Let’s keep it tasteful, but let’s have fun too.

Drama?
    There’s always drama. Most of it will be mitigated because we are not a hardcore raid guild. The raid loot is what drives them all mad :p

Play nice rules?
    Don't be an .

Application?
    Potential recruits will be asked to apply for membership where it will then be reviewed. Upon approval you will be running around as a Citizen of ZEK under a two week trial period. We are not a zerg guild like some of the other heavy hitters on the server. Therefore it is Quality of the player over quantity of toons.

Attendance? [/B]

We at ZEK are relaxed in the sense of not having our members constantly be online. If you want to take a few days break, that's totally fine! We have a section in or fourms where you can also post about any long Absences you might have.

The exception is, if a member is inactive for 30 days (inactive meaning hasn't logged into that character), they will be dropped from their current rank to Citizen. This goes for Officers as well. After 45 days of inactivity, members will be sent a message in their in-game mail, and removed from the guild.

In the future, members who have been removed are more than welcome to come back! If a previous Application was not filled out, please do so and write that you are returning. If an application is already in, just contact an officer.

Leaving the Guild?

It's okay. Things happen. Maybe a friend made a guild, or you find we aren't the best fit for you.

All we ask is that you let an officer know before you leave. If it's something we can help with, we will try to do so, or at least make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just be aware, that due to how our site is run, you will be removed as you are no longer part of the guild.

Lore?
    Roughly military in structure, adventure-minded by nature.

Why us?
    I’m seeing raid guilds that look like second jobs. I see other casual guilds that have been established from prior servers... but with that comes their own cliques. I've seen guilds fall apart because of raiding issues. But our guild will endure the test of time. How do I know this? Because unlike other guilds, we are not dependent on just one function of the game (in their case, raiding). Raiding is just one branch of this operation. As is trade skills, PvP, etc. We welcome new people, we have fun, and we won't get burnt out like so many others will end up.With us you can start fresh. Invite your family and friends to join. We gladly help new people. We gladly welcome returning players as well. Enjoy the journey with us, forget about the destination for now.
    [/b]
  3. Koshk Augur

Tomar likes this.
  4. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

Your guild sounds interesting, so I took the link for your Discord.

I don't plan to do raiding at all for quite a while, but everything else I'm looking forward to on Mangler.
    Tomar likes this.
  5. Tomar Journeyman

6. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

I signed up and put an app into your guild site.

I don't know much on guildtag website making, but I can try to help if needed. We can talk on Discord if you wanna throw around ideas.
    Tomar likes this.
  7. Tomar Journeyman

We've got a couple teams already but still need some more to fight the good fight on launch day.

We need volunteers for a Raid Lead and 3 other officer positions.

I've cleaned up the OP, the FAQ, and highlighted the changes in blue. Bottom line, I've seen the error in my ways (damn you EQ) and have now steered this ship towards contested waters.

Raids WILL BE incorporated into <ZEK>'s plans after all. We are still casual, just a bit unorthodox from the rest. Join us, we have the cooler name :cool:
  8. Tomar Journeyman

daily bump wisdom: no one on Mangler is guild tagged yet.

Don't forget to check the <ZEK>
  9. Tomar Journeyman

Here's to hoping Motahead brings that [Selo PvP] crew to Mangler. We will have a small team of PvP (alts) at the gates of freeport waiting to receive you. If you don't join us. You are against us.
  10. Ginix Augur

We're a bunch of young killers that need a fast paced server to keep our attention. We've done this classic~>velious grind on so many servers at this point that the nostalgia vein is tapped.

I'm looking forward to Selo & think the pace might help our crew see EQ content we've never done due to getting bored of farming the same raid for 3 months and moving on.

Come to Selos if you boys want the smoke
    [IMG]
  11. Tomar Journeyman

He made a good point here which leads me to this question for everyone else:

[IMG]

If you are getting tired of that linear grind of CB>UR>LGUK>etc. then
    Explore the world with us. Send us your ALTs. Send us your mains. Let us travel the road less traveled in Classic with established static groups so that the rich vein of xp continues to be tapped without interruption while in LFG status.

Did you know there are over 3000 unique items not discovered by EQ players yet? (may just be hearsay)

find out at our discord https://discord.gg/7kNnZyc
  12. Tomar Journeyman

[IMG]We're about 75% strength of our initial goal of 25 core players. Just about three groups worth to explore outside the beaten path. We have PvE'ers, RP'ers, and PvP'ers. Still got room for a couple more groups of players looking to get that nostalgia fix in.
  13. ** Dragonslayer ** Journeyman

Good luck guys looking forward to playing with your members see you saturday
    Tomar likes this.
  14. Tikno New Member

I applied. Hoping to adventure with you all
    Tomar likes this.
  15. mark Augur

I loved pvp in eq then i played other pvp games fort night his the pvp to be in ,eq pvp sucks nowdays.
  16. Kamikaze New Member

I like the ZEK project. Hope a good core of player will follow this ! Seems fun and new :)
    Will probably send u an aply. Just would have be perfect with another weekday raid then thursday for me :p
    Tomar likes this.
  17. Tomar Journeyman

Updated Officer roles in OP. Updated FAQ, specifically the top five points. Guild website and discord updated with actual guild charter if anyone is interested.

I did not anticipate the amount of interest we'd have in the ZEK project! But we have a good core and it is looking very promising. Raid time and loot are still being finalized. Not too late to sway the vote if you're on the fence. Come see what the fuss is about!
  18. Tymeless Augur

goodluck looking forward to sharing a server with you all.
    Tomar likes this.
  19. YourNameHere Lorekeeper

Hello!

I'm your friendly website admin sort, as well as the guild's main Tradeskiller and RP/Lore person.

If you're the sort that isn't into dressing up in loincloths and smacking each other with sticks (PvP) or getting that strange phonecall at 2am having your spouse/S.O. wonder if you're getting a booty call (raiding), we do have a place for you!

I would love to have dedicated crafters under my wing! Looking for any who will be focusing on specialized crafting in these roles: Enchanters (to help with enchanting jewlerery), Shamans (to focus on Alchemy), and Rogues (to focus on poisons). Also, if you love to spin tales about your adventures, or even have stories to share about the lands of Norrath, come sit by our campfire!

If you want to come see what we're about, or have any questions, stop by our Discord server: https://discord.gg/DUzQMbz

Also, if you have signed up on our website and still cannot access our Forums or Member page, drop me a line on these forums or poke me in Discord under Angel Terri#8510.

See you in game!
  20. Kaysin New Member

Bump cause i applied.
    Tomar likes this.