Your Loyalty Means Everything to Us!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 1, 2014.

1. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

Double xp would be nice if you were able to flag each account with the allotted time say 48 hours. So say toon 1 would play and use up say 5 hours, then I wanted to log over to an alt and play for 6 hours then 11 hours would be gone from the allotted 48 hours from the account. I seem to always miss the double XP times because I have a life beyond EQ. I know I am not the only one that miss the bonus times.
    Ramson likes this.
  2. Ramson New Member

I really don't believe that there are that many people who are able to make use of even 24 hours in a "Double Experience Weekend" that is announced only a day early. So if it gave even 24 hours of play time it would be a great bonus to most players. Giving a week or two to use it up so most players would have a chance to use the Bonus and not just the Hardcore players. However, 48 hours of playtime to equal the Hardcore players usage would be even more equitable for all.
    HOWEVER,
    thank you very much for the bonus time. I appreciate any attempt to make up for lost time situations. This is not so much a complaint, at least on my part as a suggestion to try and make these "Double Exp Weekends" more equal for all who play at least on a recurring basis. Giving a week or two to use the bonus, doesn't give any individuals an opportunity to use more "bonus time" than any other account. I don't mean this as a Rant on Hardcore players either, after all, I used to be one.
    Thank you very much
  3. Eluwenie Augur

I can't make it to double XP either, so you're not alone. All I'm hearing lately is complaining, why bother even posting anymore on my end or anyone else's? Seriously, if anyone isn't happy anymore with EQ, quit, don't play, nobody is forcing anyone to play this game and sticking a gun to their head. Sure some content I'm not thrilled with either, I feel like UF was a waste of money, but not every expansion can be winners now can they? This is only a GAME and I agree with some people that yes, we do have a life outside of EQ, I'm a casual player now. I'll probably get flack for what I'm saying here I'm not exactly directing this rant to you, but to those who complain.. do you see anything good about this game anymore? Give the Devs some credit, sure they may have done some stuff I don't like either, but overall this game has gone VERY far from when I started playing. If you're not happy with it, play Project 99. End of rant.
    Miss_Jackie and Ramson like this.
  4. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

Now that I think about it 15 hours of account XP would be more then enough. that is about all everyone would use on average for a weekend XP bonus I would think.
  5. Saeadyan Elder

I LOVE this game, have been playing for about 6 years now and still lots to do. I am sorry if it seems like I just whine. :) I don't, I give kudos when due also. I was just responding to a response to my response LoL. It's a very old debate the one about when double xp should be given if it is weekdays that lose game time. I would continue to play and love the game even if there was no double xp awarded to be perfectly honest. Love the game so much my wife absolutely HATES it !! :)
  6. Cazmac Augur

No problem for me - EQ every time! :)
  7. Cazmac Augur

Not too bad to be stuck at 93! My alts tend to get stuck at ten or twenty levels lower! :D
  8. mogur Journeyman

Agree. Not my own situation but I understand. A whole week of DE wouldn't break ya would it? I mean, you did just give away level 85 no?
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Geroblue Augur

I not sure exacly how many times a discussion has gone on here for double xp to be spread out, or those who cannot game on weekends get it during the week instead, etc. Several times I'm sure.
  10. iniari-TR Augur

i am fully maxed on level and AA's with my main , and no interest in grinding my alt just for the sake of double xp.

would much rather soe give everyone something like the fish thrower clickie / something cool, when they decide to do something nice for the playerbase.
  11. Zantor Augur

But I vote for again for SoE to let people know like a week or so in advance about double XP weekends. Even had some guildies log on raid last night and were like, DOUBLE XP? REALLY I DID NOT KNOW THAT. Who would of been on if they would of known about it. Probably more people who not know then can't utilize double XP weekends cause of work or such.
  12. JOATMON Incorporated New Member

Thanks for the heads up on this SOE! Given the short notice I wont be able to make any use of this at all. I had no idea there was 2x XP going on this weekend until I happened to browse by here will stuck on a marathon conference call today.

I am naturally even more irritated with SOE than I was before I found out about it. Your good will gesture has definitely backfired in this case, and from the look of some of the above posts, I am not alone in this view.

My irritation is that this seems to be a default "cure all" approach SOE has done. (The security breach years ago was a similar situation, though on a larger scale.) What makes this frustrating is that not only do some of us remain unable to use it, but it has us fall even further behind those who can. So it really does feel like a double slap in the face in a number of ways.
  13. Crystilla Augur

"Makes you fall further behind those who can"? Apologies here but in what meaningful way? People can autogrant their AA's, levels are much easier to get now. So if you mean you are a player with a group of friends you level with and they took advantage while you didn't, sure - but being a level or two behind isn't necessarily hurting anything.

The patch occurred mid last week for All Access. The next day they announced double exp would take place that weekend. Can't really get much more notice than that.
    - That said, I do wish there was a way to get an email anytime a new post was made in this forum. But even then people would complain it was SoE's fault they didn't get the email somehow.

They're not required to do any bonus exp; so when they do it, it's a plus. But so many people take bonuses for granted now.
  14. Fendy Augur

I think a 48 double exp potion would solve this. You don't use it until you are ready and you get to use all 48 hours. Not just the hours you're able to squeeze in over a 2 day period.
  15. Angahran Augur

Simple answer, make some new 'quad xp' potions that are only available as handouts from SOE. Problem solved.
    Also, potions would be great for those of us who are maxxed level, maxxed AA, etc.

p.s. give us the option to spend AA on Unwritten Glyph and Glyph of stored experience (and make them heirloom).

Thanks.
  16. Icaen Elder

wtf...LOL. This was posted like a few hours after I stopped paying attention to these forums, so I decided to do something else for the weekend. 1 day advance annoucement, 2 days of double xp. That is just asinine.
  17. Wholcanna New Member

Double Experience rewards seem to always be the pay-off for complications that arise in-game which for most players works out great but, some of us work crazy shifts in real-life and miss out on this reward plan. As for me since 1999 I have managed to catch double experience about three or four times. It is always unsettling when I log in and see once again that my Everquest friends and Guildies are now once again several levels or many AA's ahead again.
    As for me and my family we are casual players but we are loyal "payer's of the monthly fee" for the past 14.5 - 15 years on six accounts. Isn't there some way that you could just auto-spawn a consumable "no trade" experience potion in everyone's bag with a 48 hour experience bonus on it, that doesn't fade with death ... much like the current experience potions. Working weekend doubles (32 hours Saturday through Sunday) in my line of work means there is no logging in on weekends let alone Double Experience weekends.
  18. Dannynine Journeyman

so like...for are lovely loyalty what yo value so much...how bout a x3 station cash weekend!!! };-p
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm wondering where the loyalty is today, in terms of developer/moderator versus customer relationships. ;)
    Sinestra likes this.
  20. Hayzeus Augur

I'm sure it's "coming Soon™"
    Sinestra and Fenthen like this.