Year of EverQuest: May Franchise Video

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Corporate needs to buy a clue...

Here we are roughly 2/3 of the way through the expansion year and we still don't even have HALF of the expansion we've already paid for. Now, we're supposed to be so happy that we're getting ONE whole zone "for free"??? It's already been paid for!!!!!!!!

The recurring Living Legacy stuff isn't new content... it's already recurring. The anniversary content wasn't new either, it's annual anniversary stuff that's done every year. It makes me mad that you're trying to pass it off as the promised NEW weekly/monthly content.

As for the upcoming EQ franchise games, count me out. EQ has been the cash cow that's funded other portions of the EQ franchise. Now, the corporate dorks are trying to push development of Next and Landmark while the primary breadwinner of the entire franchise is starving to death.

We've been given conflicting information about how many development resources are available for EverQuest. We get told that EQ has a large team of devs working on content, then they say there's not enough resources, then they promise weekly/monthy releases of new content which turns out to be anniversary and living legacy stuff that happens EVERY year, then it's back to not enough resources.

Come on Corporate, quit blowing smoke. Give us some straight answers and some real support for the game that started it all. We (mostly) love our dev team (Lay down the nerf bat please unless you're nerfing all the bugs and lag.). Help them to help US keep the original game running and earning money.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

Why is a May video being posted in June? ;)
  3. Stickietoes Augur

Just a guess, but since he said "New" Class AA's, maybe just ranks of old aa's in general/archtype.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Fendy Augur

SOE operates from a Norrathian calendar. Which as I recall used to be broken. It just constantly cycled thru the same year. It may have been fixed. I stopped paying attention to it (Earth) years ago.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Great post!!! I & I'm sure many others still love this game & want to play it for years to come but don't like the lack of resources that translates into a lack of content being added to the game. I have no interest in the rest of the franchise aside from being disappointed in the ridiculous amount of resources being put towards them while EQ gets very little in comparison. If not for EverQuest I would not be a customer of SOE.

It's also very ironic that Thom is shown standing in front of the place with the worst lag in game at the moment. If only they had made his part into a Max Headroom parody!
  6. Angelusjade New Member

I've been playing EQ since the release of Velious. No, I'm not well known. I'm pretty much a "Nobody". But I've paid my membership (excepting the 5ish year break due to no computer), and continue to do so every month. I've recommended it to others, and have found a few RL friends that also enjoy it along the way. Over all these years, I'm just now starting to find it boring, monotonous, and relatively obsolete. Though, yes, I'll probably continue to pay my fees (AND my right to complain). All the new stuff is for high end characters. What about the new ones?! After a fashion, EQ will die if there are no new players. After all, there are only so many servers, with so many character slots. Honestly, I'm of the opinion that management is trying to drop EQ. Why not?! no one groups, everyone multiboxes (well... almost everyone). Has anyone out there ever tried to LFG for a toon under 80? Its almost impossible! As matter of fact, you go into the newbie zones, (other than CR, BF, etc.) and they're pretty well empty. EverQuest used to be one of those games you could easily spend a whole weekend playing... Now: after about 4 hours, butt hurts, and its time to quit. Not just get up and go to the bathroom. So, in a nutshell, start looking after the little guys too!
  7. Janakin Augur

While I agree with a lot of what you said, the new 15th anniversary missions were new as well as the Plane of War mission, raid and zone.

I think the whole promise of each week having something "new" has been rehashed enough as well since that is not technically what was promised,

The new Tower of Rot needs to be fixed in regards to pathing and lag and I hope their endgame CotF content makes up for what we already paid for as well. I would rather wait until sometime in 2015 for a full expansion release than staggered content.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.