Year of EverQuest: May Franchise Video

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Check out the latest video featuring the Producers from EverQuest, EverQuest II, and Landmark talking about what happened during May and what's coming up over summer!

2. DandinMindfire Elder

Wow. Everquest 2 is looking pretty cool
    Iila likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

So the idea of weekly and monthly content is living legacy and hardcore heritage that have been given to us each year regardless of expansion. I know we are getting spell/aa in June, but that was supposed to be part of the may release so not gonna count that. What else are we getting each month until the next expansion?

Is this the "roadmap" that was supposed to be released?
    Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Underwhelmed, all we have to look forward to is new AA in the middle of June....which are yet to be tested. :rolleyes:

Oh and I almost forgot rereleased 2008 revamps.....
    Iila and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Slasher Augur

Maybe if living legacy actually had a zone for max level every stage instead of waiting until august/sep for it. EQ has so many zones is it impossible to revamp 1 every year for max level and have that new zone available the entire time for living legacy ? Take the old ones and phase them in like you do now but then new one would always be up for that time.
  6. Tobynn Augur

Thom said "new class AAs and spells" in June.

It that accurate? We are only getting Class AAs? No archtype or general AAs?
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Why is it they have such a long term plan for EQ 2 & Landmark but this cobbled together fly by the seat of their pants rehashed content for EQ? SOE Corporate, you shouldn't have bothered to include the EQ name with Landmark & Next, they're about as far from EQ as you can get.
  8. idej Augur

That video made EQ2 seem like boss. I didn't like the EQ portion it made it seem like you guys where doing us of favor with CotF content.
    Fenthen, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  9. Derd Augur

Some of you really need to get over the eq vs eq2 and next/landmark envy and disdain. It colors your comments and how you view any announcments so much it renders them as just childish ranting. We have new content coming, new spells and aa and maybe this is a secret but they are working on the next eq expansion. Then you can all come and complain that it isnt what you wanted the day after it's released.
  10. Potawatomi Augur

Complaining about complaining is so Meta.
  11. idej Augur

We received the lag raid, HA's were finally tuned to the proper level after how long of getting 100 loot on a 85 mission, many classes have become weaker. What do you think people are going to do. I love EQ. I have loved it since 1999. It's that love that makes me come here and say what I have disliked in hopes it changes future thinking on what they feel is best for EQ. Is everyone always going to be happy? No and I am fine with that.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  12. Isfandior New Member

Sweet Tower of Rot for free as long as you've bought CotF....
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It's not EQ V EQ2, it is where is the rest of our expansion? I couldn't care less about the next expansion, I want what I paid for back in October.

No where in that video does it say we are getting spells, it just mentions class AAs.
  14. Koneko Augur

yes it does 1 min 7ish 8ish seconds in
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

oh spells as well, missed that.
  16. Fendy Augur

I also play EQ2. Many of the things That seem to be impossible to program into EQ already exist in EQ2. Visible cloaks that move with the wind. Visible armor that each has it's own graphic. My prestige house is bigger than a grand guild hall.

Based on my experience nobody 'plays' Landmark. One does marathon farming sessions to collect the various building materials broken up by brief intervals of actual building things. There are no creatures in the game and no interaction with other players.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Mary Poppins Augur

I don't think you'd like the answer for that one.

I'm not saying the game is dead, but we are obviously not a priority anymore for those at the top. I'm not talking about the devs - those guys still bust their buts for us. I love this game and respect the people who make it.

After all this time it is disappointing to see things like this, but it is what it is.
  18. Iila Augur

There were archetype AAs in beta, maybe general ones, too. But those are boring compared to class AAs.

I thought we'd be getting another zone with the July patch, this says we're not. :(
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Edrick Augur

Shouldn't the head of the Everquest franchise, I don't know, know anything about the original game?

When Thom comes on he talks about new content we're getting. And none of it is new, they are raids from years past - except the new zone we're getting. And he talks about how Call of the Forsaken owners are getting it for free. No, we are not. We paid for the expansion, you aren't doing us a favor here.

There is such a huge disconnect here. Between the players and the senior producer, as well as with Everquest and the head of the Everquest franchise. It's transparent and at this point just getting annoying. Do you want to actually do us a favor? Put a dislike button on the forums. I'm actually getting grumpy here. Just be honest with everybody, stop putting a spin on everything.
    Elricvonclief, sojero, Iila and 3 others like this.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree completely with everything you wrote here. Way past time SOE Corporate quit treating EQ & the EQ player base like the black sheep of the family.