Worst mob to plague Ragefire / Lockjaw ever!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DryalRmog, Nov 23, 2015.

1. DryalRmog Augur

Can you feel it? That cold evil feeling of chill running up your spine when your heart is racing and your fighting to the death against that raid mob so it doesn't wipe your guild...

Only this time, that raid mob that is going to bring your guilds to their knees on Ragefire and lockjaw is a fish named phinny server.

Except you can't cast on it, you can't DPS it, you will just have to watch as the fish drops your raid members one by one, by one.....

Soon you will find yourself looking at the raid window seeing 17 people in it thinking, 2/3 rd of our raid I'd gone! Hey dragons are up! If only we had 15 more DPS, 3 more clerics and a couple of tanks! So long guilds of Lockjaw and Ragefire.

I foresee many mergers, implosions, and much chaos in the next month as the great sucking sound of Phinny begins to make your friends disappear.

You thought fallout 4 launch was bad?

We have not seen nothing yet.

In game of thrones evil is marked by saying Winter is coming! We all know that's not true, Vel is 4.5 months away...

I guess we can say, phinny is coming! (Play Jaws music now)
    Xanadas and Devante like this.
  2. AlmarsGuides Augur

An entertaining read and sadly mostly true.

On the upside if they release Velious at the same time for RF/LJ they can merge them and they'll end up having about the same population they both already do right now.

That has probably been their intention all along
  3. rune00 Augur

You have 17 people that can just box 2 Alts each and problem solved. And no risk getting banned over it either.

"True boxing" on the new server is going to get old real quick I think. I guess time will tell...
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

That's splitting the loot amongst too many people. By nature giant boxers are farming those raid bosses out of pure greed the idea of sharing that loot with more than the amount of people you can count on one hand probably will immediately make most of the disinterested in the idea of even doing.

I personally think the new server will do ehh. Most of the people who cried on LJ/RF are going to go to this new server and see boxers and realize that it's the same darn thing. They will realize in this moment the EQ they remember is gone forever and it will never be brought back.

They will freak out, whine and complain even more then eventually quit forever.

After that who knows who will be on the server.
  5. Sithil Elder

I will play on the new server and have no disillusions, I know there will be boxers. I'm just hoping that mass mage armies aren't as prevalent. Also I'm older now and have a full time job, so raid instancing is the biggest draw as I can hopefully find a guild that matches my schedule. But yes, this will be myLAST foray into EQ and TLP, whether it last years for me like the Combine did or just a few months like Fippy and Ragefire the end is near.
  6. Brumski Augur

The last time I was able to plan my schedule around EQ was 11 years ago. The only way I'll be raiding is if it happens at a set time that is after my kids are in bed. All the RF LJ no lifers that expect everyone to sock it or suck it make me wonder just what kind of family life they lead (I assume like myself, many of them are now middle aged men with a career and family)

I am hoping instancing and a PST guild will provide the opportunity to relive the pre-kiddo glory days.
    Truyth likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

I'm hoping Lockjaw gets hit hard. Not hard enough to make the server die, but enough to where MM has to merge with FI , MiM and Acorn to survive. Darth and Dima co-leaders for life !
  8. Ebon Elder

I lol'd a little....
  9. DryalRmog Augur

So many will fall ;(. Good bye my friends!
  10. Marthisdil Augur

They can merge them now since they are both Kunark.
  11. AlmarsGuides Augur

If I was a betting man I'd say that is specifically why the votes happened early/the RF vote got fubard - to give them time to see if they were going to have to merge the two servers before progressing to the next X-pac
    Marthisdil likes this.
  12. Vontod Augur

That sounds feasible.

Doesn't know if he should wear a tin foil hat or not.
  13. Xanadas Augur

Reasons why, IMO, Phinny will be deader than Vulak is right now:
    • The filthy casuals wont be able to handle solo play and wont have the patience to find groups.
    • Raiders are already neck deep in Kunark. There's no way they'd reset back to original just to experience the same content, instanced or not. Half the fun for them is competing for mobs. And the other half is the fun of boxing (and not needing 9 computers to do it) and being able to accomplish things on their own or with groups of boxers.
    • The people who use 3rd party tools would rather not play than have to play w/o help from 3rd party tools. They've been spoiled.
    • The people who wanted instanced content are the people who thought they were going to put together a guild just like the "good ol days" of 72 solo semi-casual, non-boxing players. That was never a reality because there were never enough of those kinds of people on these servers who could actually invest the time required.
    • Who the @#$@% wants to main a cleric in classic/kunark/velious?
    I imagine there will be semi-decent grouping, but probably very limited to no raiding, especially if the dragons stay as hard as they are now.
    Stewgottz likes this.
  14. Rhodz Augur

You may be right you may be wrong concerning the Phinny server.
    One cant continue indefinitely to dilute the player base for TLPs but I am not sure this one is the tipping point or not, I think not but I have no clearer crystal ball than anyone else.

What is wrong is that Phinny and those that play on it are not the problem for RF/LJ, that remains entirely the purview of DBG and its lack up to now of any understanding of the game or so it would seem.
    Everything and I mean all of the "features" of Phinny should have been on RF day one, the only ones rushing DBG to release RF was DBG themselves to get a big payday. Yes weak vision will have consequences.
    We can debate among ourselves all we wish but in the end everything good and bad is on those running the game.
    Stewgottz and Xanadas like this.
  15. Stewgottz Augur

Phinny is going to be high-playtime player's paradise.

I feel concern for those who think moving to Phinny will be a panacea to all the issues on RF/LJ.

Plus, who wants to be on a server that is rushing to join live? Visit the veterans lounge some time...
    Simone likes this.
  16. MaestroM Augur

ftfy
  17. Loakie New Member

3 more months of classic.... How exciting.
  18. Lejaun Augur

Spend a week powerleveling to 50, go back to your old server, come back in 90 days and pretend like the server just opened.
  19. Finley Augur

I'm gonna main a cleric and have a bad attitude about everything I do so deal with it.
    Di_Miyos likes this.
  20. Lejaun Augur

Tank: I'm dying, heal please
    Cleric: FU, I'm having a bad day. Heal yourself.
    /cleric tries to trade bandages to tank.
    Di_Miyos, Simone and Xanadas like this.