Wizard Spell Lineup

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Narev, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

Actually, i meant to say i did more with Cloudburst at the end rather than at the beginning but the parses i ran today were too short to unequivocally say that one weave is better than the other. Prior to the Arcane Fusion change, i would never have used Cloudburst in the first spot and rarely used it at the end in my burn weave. With what it does now, i don't know if it's any better or not. I may actually go do some real parsing since i am curious now.
  2. Apoc Augur

Combined: Principal Vicarum Nomia on 11/24/2014 in 1297sec

Apocalyps
    --- DMG: 109214198 @ 84205 sdps (84205 dps in 1297s)
    ------ Total: 109214198 -- DirDmg: 109214198
    ------ Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 1568 -- Hits: 1568 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy:
    Special: 7: 7th Vet G: Glyph M: Secrets K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.0.5.0

Combined: Principal Vicarum Nomia on 11/24/2014
    Apocalyps - 603
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. II - 124
    --- Ethereal Incandescence Rk. III - 131
    --- Ethereal Skyblaze Rk. II - 16
    --- Flashchar Rk. II - 118
    --- Force of Flame - 44
    --- Force of Ice - 48
    --- Force of Will - 73
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Not sure what point you are trying to argue for or against. My post was in response to the Brohg's post where he said that:

Which was in response to the OP's second weave button. Damage had to nothing to do with the primary point i was trying to make. I just included the damage results as a observation, which i also said were too short parse to be relevant enough to prove or disprove any damage assertions.. I am neither arguing for against either weave, just correcting an error.
  4. Apoc Augur

I just want to see what kind of numbers this cloudburst actually posts in real parses since it supposedly is better then whatever weave just like multi-binding my keys has to be done because i am losing casts. I just don't want someone spreading bad information or prove to me that it's not bad information don't give me some formula that says it's better i'd like to see it in action.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Oh gotcha, yeah, i agree with you.
  6. Meldros New Member

am I missing something? how do you do 109m dd to a mob that only has10m hps? Also curious how you are getting that kind of dps (are these mob x 10? all your dps is based on burn times?) because
    just using a combat dummy, i'm only parsing around 30k dps plus/minus a few k
  7. Apoc Augur

That is a raid mob and no that is 2 back to back mobs I probably could have been higher if i used cloudburst more. ><
  8. Silentchaos Augur

Did you use flashchar so you wouldnt be cloudburst rooted when you had to run away from the blob or for another reason?
  9. Apoc Augur

There is times that cloudburst can be more dps when fury of kerafym is up PD And AD both are down and ITC is down and you can stand in one spot and once the mob is fully magic debuffed. To say i would cast cloudburst first in my weave always is a bit over the top to say the least. Flashchar can only be cast when PD And AD are down and fury of ro is up i also use the burning sash of ro tho.
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He's raiding, which means he should have had an Enchanter and druid for adps and/or used burn abilities, though I don't see them listed. That can happen if they are cast between mobs though.

30k is very low though.

You should be at least in the 40s, to low 50s, and that is solo and non-burn. Depends on Gear/AA/Spell level of course, as well as spell weave, (none of those listed are likely to be the optimal one based on a quick look, but since I haven't technically tested them out I don't want to comment on that).
  11. Apoc Augur

Ill link my most recent parse with all that later it was actually a bit higher i think around 86k dps druid and enc
  12. Apoc Augur

Combined: Principal Vicarum Nomia on 11/30/2014 in 1226sec

Apocalyps
    --- DMG: 108254391 @ 88299 sdps (88299 dps in 1226s) [100%]
    ------ Total: 108254391 -- DirDmg: 108254391
    ------ Normal rate: 100% (100% of DMG)
    ------ Attempts: 1313 -- Hits: 1313 -- Misses: 0 -- Defended: 0 -- Accuracy: 100%
    --- Special: M 7

Combined: Principal Vicarum Nomia on 11/30/2014

Apocalyps - 559
    --- Arcane Destruction - 1
    --- Bucolic Gambit Rk. III - 5
    --- Circle of Power IV - 1
    --- Claw of the Flameweaver Rk. II - 121
    --- Ethereal Incandescence Rk. III - 128
    --- Ethereal Skyblaze Rk. II - 19
    --- Ethereal Weave Rk. III - 2
    --- Flashchar Rk. II - 77
    --- Force of Flame - 50
    --- Force of Ice - 50
    --- Force of Will - 78
    --- Forceful Rejuvenation - 1
    --- Fury of Kerafyrm - 2
    --- Fury of Ro - 1
    --- Glyph of Lost Secrets - 1
    --- Glyph of the Cataclysm - 1
    --- Harvest of Druzzil - 1
    --- Hole in Space - 1
    --- Intensity of the Resolute - 1
    --- Netherstep - 1
    --- Prolonged Destruction - 2
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 4
    --- Received Black Wolf - 2
    --- Received Illusions of Grandeur - 1
    --- Second Spire of Arcanum - 1
    --- Twincast - 1
    --- Twincast Rk. III - 4
    --- Weave of Reclamation - 2

Special: 7: 7th Vet G: Glyph M: Secrets K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Although i did use Intensity this time still around the same dps.
  13. silku Augur

So if you were boxing a wizard, would you go with the same sort of spell line up for just sustained normal group fighting?
  14. Brohg Augur

Boxing, like to just hit a multiline social every couple ticks? Cloudburst won't be worth it, or Fuse. Just make it, like, Claw & Eths
    silku likes this.
  15. Nylrem Augur

IMO, if you're boxing, and on separate machines, use a multibind.

How I box my wizard is I assist my main toon then spam a multibind of Claw > Weave > Ethereal > Ethereal > Harvest and also set up a hotkey social with all 3 instant nuke AA, Force of ___, and set that to the same multibind key.

A multibind is NOT a macro. There are many threads that tell you how you can set up a multibind, I have a fairly detailed one in Priest class forums under max raid healing, with pictures, etc if you want.

A multibind like this will utilize Claw as much as possible, will cast Weave on almost if not all your mobs at least once, and will maximize your use of free nukes between casting spells.

Adding harvest at the end will almost maximize that. As soon as a mob dies, the next time you hit your multibind key, if harvest is available, it casts it, which it will be fairly often, since you're maximizing the use of claw to refresh spells.

This is not the best DPS setup, but it is an excellent setup for boxing and maintaining mana while doing very good DPS with a group geared, non-Lost Secrets using wizard. If you're still using too much mana though, drop the Weave.
    silku likes this.
  16. Barper Lorekeeper

In another thread Enkel posted this from his Wizard...