Wizard/Caster - Clickies/Essential Items/ Augs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by EQgamer23, Apr 7, 2015.

1. EQgamer23 Elder

I've been reading up a lot on wizard burn set up etc., which I'm still fine tuning, but I was wondering about the solo ADPS that can be added.

Is there a list of essential caster/wizard clickies, items, and buffs (self or by bugging a guildie) that I should be looking to attain?

As an example, from the melee side, getting a cloak of flames, your epic, the cragbeast queen girdle, CoTF BP clickies, horn of unity, dodge augs, shawl augs, stone tear etc.

I'm hoping a list already exists, however, if someone is bored at work and wants to create one, I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!
  2. Silv Augur

3. Apoc Augur

Grouper attainable.
    Staff of elemental flux
    Shield of the Immaculate
    16Th anni. cure clicky
    Gunthak Swabby eyepatch
    Memento of ungod. Suffering
    Ruaabri's Fist
    The 3 DA. Clicky's don't have time am at work to look them all up

Raid

Venenium

Shield of immaculate light

bifold. Focus of the evil. Eye
  4. Apoc Augur

Aug. Spell damage. Mana and it is up to you what heroic I personally like augs. With ac and hps. Also
  5. Xikteny Augur

There are few "important Wizard clickies" in the sense of what some other classes need to have (like mages, necros, etc). The information already in this thread covers a lot, but most of that stuff isn't really "Wizard clickies" as much as just clickies you could find uses for on most classes.

The thread Silv linked, and the list Apoc posted do contain plenty of things you will probably want.

Feel free to check the inventory on my magelo for some more clickies (DAs, DDs, lots of random in my bags).
    Silv likes this.
  6. Apoc Augur

Could also add cop 4 clicky from rolfron to that list
  7. Random_Enchanter Augur

I would say having the number of 1 second or less nuke clickies/AAs to allow use of one per every spell cast. that way you are always casting, even during the global cool down (GCD). utility clickys that can be used during this time are also useful (IE mod rods, dont rod when spells are able to be cast, do it after a cast while the GCD is in effect)
  8. Mintalie Augur

Why you gotta go and make me cry.
  9. guado Augur

You kidding? Months after I used all that currency, people in my guild were like " LETS FARM ROF FOR RARE CLICKIES " ... I was all "smh fml"
    Now I'm like 8 raids away from the twincast click~
  10. Mintalie Augur

I want it so bad I can taste it, and until Xorbb is one-groupable I doubt I'll get it. So basically never. *cry*
  11. Silv Augur

I still say it should be more than 1 charge given how rare/expensive it is :eek: But 1 is better than 0!
  12. EQgamer23 Elder

Thanks for the list, much appreciated.

Question on augs/ stats - does intelligence or any other stat increase the damage of detrimental spells?
    I know for other classes, strength would increase the damage done for melee attacks. Does intelligence work this way as well?

What factors/ stats affect the damage you can do? Spell haste, + spell damage, what else?
  13. Random_Enchanter Augur

Nope, Spell damage increases the raw damage of spells. I believe the formula is,
    X = (SD#*(Cast time + recast time))/7
    where X is the amount of added damage
    SD# is the amount of spell damage
    Cast time is the casting time of the spell
    Recast time is the time it takes for the spell to refresh

Pure damage increase?
    • the spell damage stat,
    • foci %,
    • debuffs (IE tash for chromatic),
    • several AAs
    • the type 3 augment mods
    Damage per second (DPS)?
    • Total mana (sustainability, effected by INT)
    • Cast time (spell haste)
    • Pure damage increases (see above)
    Casts per second effects DPS as well, but the only way to get faster than 1 cast per ~2 seconds is by using clickies during the global cool down or by twin casting a spell
    EQgamer23 likes this.
  14. EQgamer23 Elder

Thanks again.

Can you elaborate on foci %?
  15. Brohg Augur

16. EQgamer23 Elder

Which augs would you put in your primary item? assuming 2handed
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Honestly it's not that bad to get the ach unlocked. My guild did it a few months back and if you get folks in teamspeak, have anyone who can't follow emotes sit out and just AE tl/gate and start over if anyone fails it's doable for most with patience. On our 2nd try we got all 3 ach at once, and I wouldn't call us high end (working on arx5 now to finish TDS, not bleeding edge at all).

It's a really great clicky, and it beats doing nothing on raid nights when TDS is down. Now if I could only convince them to do chapter house..... :(
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. svann Augur

Personally I mostly use 1H for the mana proc plus the murder's heart for extra mana proc. But when I need very fast burst I swap to 2H with elegant gem and exotic gem. This is rarely though.
  19. Mintalie Augur

Got that one. :cool:

(Although I'm kinda regretting the 840 raid currency I spent on the familiar because, at the time, I convinced myself I'd never get the Xorbb cheeve... lo and behold, now I'm in a different guild with different aspirations...)

Hope springs eternal! Anybody on BB wanna go kill Velishan... 80 times? :D :D :D
    RPoo and Sheex like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I never spent a single crystal of fear, so had 1800ish saved and ready for when we did achievement thankfully.

Sadly, though, my guild's leader really hates the CH zone for some reason, so it's an ongoing joke when leadership asks what to do next, I volunteer chapterhaus, and he shoots me down :(. Maybe someday!
    Mintalie likes this.