Will gnomes start out being able to play SK on Coirnav?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldMan, Mar 11, 2018.

1. OldMan New Member

Hello,
    I am just getting settled in again after a long time away.
    I am going to start on Coirnav when I can get past the long ques next Friday :)
    I do not remember when gnomes were able to become SK's so does anyone know if they will be able to at launch or what expansion that would be tied to?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Right from the FAQ ( https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ssion-server-faq-coming-march-16-2018.247755/ )

Q: Will classes or races that were not available at launch be available on Coirnav?

Not until the server progresses to the point at which the race, class, or combination was added.
    • Iksar will not be available until Kunark is unlocked.
    • Gnome Shadowknights, Gnome Paladins, Halfling Rangers, and Halfling Paladins will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Beastlords and Vah Shir will not be available until Luclin is unlocked.
    • Frogloks will not be available until Legacy of Ykesha is unlocked.
    • Berserkers will not be available until Gates of Discord is unlocked.
    • Drakkin will not be available until the Serpent's Spine is unlocked.
    • Froglok monks and Wood Elf beastlords will not be available until Veil of Alaris is unlocked.
    OldMan likes this.
  3. Coirnav Augur

4. snailish Augur

Nope, they have pretty much all the combos "correctly era set" except for the Inny-worshipping Frogloks (which I don't believe were correct last time I checked).

Whether it makes lore sense for classes to be locked in an era they are offered when a race is also available is a different question (i.e., gnome SK at launch).

That's different than asking for classes to be unlocked (bst/ber) before their launch expacs.

There's also the longstanding requests from the player base for more of the logical combos of race/class/deity/starting city to be added (i.e., Iksar Berserkers, rogues). Mentioning that... some want the illogical combos too.

IF combos need to be era restricted (good for potion sales?) I would like to see new, logical options added so every expac era there is one new thing (i.e., Prophecy of Ro lets me be evil erudite wizard, enchanter and magician).
    OldMan likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

DBG decided to be the fun police and lock the short race combos to luclin. there was some post by one of the devs or in a producer letter or something when they announced it that mentioned those combos had a hard time finding trainers and.or spell vendors, and that was the reasoning behind it. however thats just wrong.

however any actual new combos taht people want WOULD need trainers added. even the newer monk and bst combos dont have trainers outside of crescent reach, which has trainers for all classes. they never added new npc to starter cities for either of those
    snailish likes this.