Why must someone watch the Sleeper awaken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cicelee, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ducreux Augur

I definitely spammed a couple channels with WTS Sleepers loot but my mask is safely on my face.
  2. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

They stated in an earlier post that they have fixed the ST AOC and it is on Test and works just fine. It will start a 2.0 version of ST.
  3. Angered Augur

Radarx pre Velious we were promised sleepers tomb 1.0 / 2.0 depending on open world! Now few days so you have this quote....

1. Did Prathun flat out lie to us?
    2. Did you miss speak?
    3. How can we trust you or any Dev from here on out... We're told one thing fast forward a few weeks the sleeper wakes up because of AoS... Am I to think you were not gonna even address the issue until AOS'es fake awakening day?
    4. What kind of message are you sending arguing with people on Twitter? This is a major screw up we have your Quote and your boys QA.... Here's what you do...

1. Next week fear / sleepers tomb is fixed if we can not have 1.0 at least Give us 2.0 say you mis spoke and your gonna make it right the end
  4. Kiani Augur

Lol, guys, the AoC is bugged. They have every intention of providing ST 2.0 AoC. They've fixed it on test. They're not deliberately breaking their word.

Whining and making ultimatums accusing them of breaking their promise won't speed it up.

What don't you understand about that?
    Mysteweave and Reht like this.
  5. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

Apparently you don't know how to read posts before posting. I mean, its not hard to read these posts even skimming through them, you can see that they clearly mean they have no intention of instancing 1.0 when 1.0 no longer exists, just like they did not instance 2.0 when it did not exist. Now, several of us have told you (repeatedly) that they have fixed the ST AOC on TEST, and that the AOC on TEST now spawns the 2.0 version and that it will be fixed next patch. Please stop being obtuse.
  6. Poydras Augur

Because we liked it.
    Nerf Herder, Ladysoth and Stune like this.
  7. bodes Augur

You liked getting blocked out of a zone and then being told some event happened there and the zone was empty now? Most of us want raid zones for raiding, not storytime.
  8. SubduedVek New Member

Just because Prathun made their intentions known before this occured, doesn't make it a good design or a reason people should accept a poor design decision. The devs laissez-faire attitude regarding this situation is pretty disgusting. By the way, this is coming from someone who isn't on Phinigel and couldn't possibly care less about the loots that ST is dropping.

Most of the servers during the Velious era were fielding 2-3 high end raid guilds that were capable of entering ST/killing warders. One or two rare servers may have had 4 or 5 high end guilds that were capable. On Phinigel you're dealing with what, 6-8 guilds? Yet, you want to leave the same design from 14+ years ago because... why? Is leaving a higher volume of SoDs and gnome masks somehow gamebreaking? I mean, come on. That's just ridiculous.

At the very least, you should have left ST in 1.0 version until Luclin release. A guild/player can't get in to ST 1.0 by then, then you'll have to do it on the next TLP server.

With the top-heavy population on Phinigel, this was about the worst way to implement ST. The devs still have a chance to go back and admit that maybe they could/should handle it differently, but instead they just want to go into their shell and move on to grouping GoD/OoW together and getting the majority population upset yet again. Bravo guys.
    Ladysoth likes this.
  9. Sebbun Augur

Feels like they do this every single TLP. Original Everquest was fun at the time, but most of us wouldn't enjoy pure Original, unaltered EverQuest in 2016.

They should embrace this tactic and design around it. This is the reason people are playing on Phinny is to experience this content again, first hand! I'm not sure why they decided to dig down on this one. But it reminds me so much of what made me cancel my subscription on Ragefire. I'm not playing for the experience I had originally of the game, I'm looking for a fresh and inspired one. Something that accommodates my life and work schedule. That's what Phinny has offered me so far.

To throw it out there, incase a developer reads this far, I'm very casual and I would love to be able to raid ST 1.0. I don't even care if it's a one-time deal for me or my guild. I really personally don't even care about the drops. I was on when the sleeper was woken up on my server originally and I was way too low - and even too young - to even understand what was going on but hearing about that event is what made me decide to level up and start raiding. That's what kind of inspiration this event had on me as a person.

And I want to see it again. I want to experience it again.

And isn't giving people the chance to experience this content first hand what we are playing and paying for these servers all about?
    Lithien likes this.
  10. Stune Augur

I really would not mind having different instances of these boss mobs. The harder they are, the better the gear. Meaning 54+ man raids give out just a tad better gear and item stats.

Much like we did in other expansions. A totally revamped EQ. Whatever is done, can be quested, spawned or zoned into.

I know the devs would have a very hard time doing all of these requests we have, but it would solve many issues for future TLP servers.

I am fine also with boss mobs, in open world settings too. Don't take me wrong, they are and where fun.

We also could have older boss mobs locked in at 50ish be spawned a much higher lvl. This way players can still experience those raids later on, and much better loot.
  11. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

You guys seem to forget one thing: DBG runs these servers the way they want them. You can make comments, complain and suggest, but that doesn't mean they have to do what you want them to do.
    Stune likes this.
  12. Stune Augur

Many of us already get that mysteweave. Most of us have been around a very long time, and throwing out ideas is a good thing. We dont expect the devs to followup on it either. Good or bad ideas is always a + for discussion. Sometimes i wonder though about the maturity level, with some of these forum members.
    Mysteweave likes this.
  13. Iputthegrrrinranger Elder

DBG prints money and we're all here for their amusement? There's a thing called customer service which is generally a good idea if you want to keep customers paying.

And if you'll recall, they originally said "No" to instancing. After enough prodding, they gave us Phinny. The complaining can get us places.
  14. Ladysoth Augur

Because some of us weren't in a guild able to experience Sleepers at all back then, and were looking forward to doing it this time around, and aren't too happy with the idea of a few people who wanted to show off how special they were being able to prevent everyone else from seeing the content. Especially since any clowns that could put together 4 groups of people could do it. It's not like the warders required some extreme skill to beat.

It's incomprehensible to me how anyone can justify a mechanic being in place whereby a few people can prevent the entire server from experiencing content as a good thing. I mean, we have instanced raid mobs now. There is and was absolutely zero reason to not let us do whatever version of Sleepers we wanted to.
    Flower and Lithien like this.
  15. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Lockjaw, the only TLP server with original Sleeper's Tomb.
  16. Vexn Elder

DBG dropped the ball on this big time..
  17. bodes Augur

Oh Lockjaw has a Sleeper's Tomb rotation? That's really cool and shows how much the guilds care more about the community than selling the drops. How many guilds are on it currently?
  18. Grasamo Journeyman

There was no good reason to waken the sleeper. The avatar buff on gear is something no one can get now but the few folks who did before they awakened the sleeper. This is not a pvp server. It has a whole INSTANCED set of raids. This server was the hope for those who are not power gamers to finally get to see this content. Yet the devs left that crap in the game so some asshats with a mean streak could go into the zone and wake the sleeper. It served no purpose other than to be dicks. It made no sense to do this on this server. I started playing in March of 1999. I have given up any hope of seeing that type of gear/content because a bunch of unwashed hippies smoking pot and drinking red bull play for 22 hours a day and do this crap.
    Stune, Kwizatz, Flower and 1 other person like this.
  19. Aenoan Augur

It's a cool concept but let's be real, that only worked cause half the population bailed and bounced from one realm to another to another. And the troll guild(s) followed because everyone was trying to get away from said guild(s).
  20. Taladir Augur

You can still get the avatar buff on weapons, they're just called Ancient Prismatic weapons now.