who has killed Emp legit on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Death Strudel Augur

Yes, casual guilds are clearing VT. It's a time consuming nuisance, so I guess yay progress?

I feel bad for Coirnav, unless things change they're going to be really screwed by these changes.
  2. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

why do we even call it legit? you have focuses, no corpse runs, more powerful dots etc. you feel bad for coirnav will have to actually go through VT and emperor the way it should have been.. lol. yep everquest is time consuming.
  3. Death Strudel Augur

If the goal is to make a game that isn't fun and nobody wants to play, by all means. Certainly back in the day brad did his damnedest to suck this thing up.

But the game is almost playable now after 18 years, a few more tweaks will get it right. Or, we can take a step back to pre-history.
  4. Poledo_EQ Elder

I can appreciate some of the QoL changes that have been made. I also miss when the companies didn't cater to the gamers. Maybe it was the times, or maybe it was the game, but now everyone thinks they can dictate and pressure companies into making changes based on the vocal minority. It works more often than not too.
    I don't know that I'd want to go back completely old school, but it did have it's merits. It's just hard to stomach after almost 20 years of MMO's being dumbed down and easy.
  5. Vandir Lorekeeper

God you guys like to complain an awful lot about a game that has literally no accomplishments left to achieve. They've all been achieved. Just enjoy being a tourist.
    potatoface likes this.
  6. HappyPanda Augur

Maybe you can't kill all of VT every week in your very own instance. Even so, it is a massive step up from where it was for many years where we were all fighting over one OW VT.
    You can now pop in and do a bit here and a bit there a couple of times per week.
    You can get quite well geared even as a small guild and do it no more or less than you want.

Coirnav is getting click from bag and other QoL changes, improvements on VP and HS key quests, decreased pressure on initial VT rush due to everyone not being able to down Emp the first week.

It really isn't that bad.
    It won't be that bad on Coirnav either.
    potatoface likes this.
  7. wherehouse Lorekeeper

To be fair, the initial shard cluster will just move to Ssra instead of shard camps
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ahr is one piece of vt loot. Its the best but by and large vt as a whole probably has 95% of luclin loot.
  9. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

The leash mechanic doesn't work in instances so the casual guilds get their pull to zone line VT still. Its slated to be fixed, but due to the patch schedule Luclin will nearly be over by then.

Its funny, we had competition in OW last night, and even though the other guild was told you can't pull the bosses in OW they tried. After they ate some death touches they left while we cleared and collected our loot.
  10. HappyPanda Augur

Just means more picks. SSRA has a pretty low pick threshold and the more picks the merrier.

That is not entirely true, some of the bosses can be pulled to zone OW as your guild did on Sunday, for example.

I find that when "being told" things on TLP it is best to go ahead and test things yourself to verify that information. That goes for information from other guilds just like for information from P99 wiki / Zam.
  11. Death Strudel Augur

Nonsense, whether guilds kill emp first week or not, guild leaders will set up DKP bonuses for emp key completion and VT key completion that will drive everyone out there to the shard camps immediately, just the same as Agnarr. No guild-leader is going to take a look at his epeen and admit it isn't as good as any other guild, and tell his guys to back off for a week or two.

This self honesty about what kind of guild he runs, and exactly what "skill" is required in getting shards is entirely absent amongst guild leaders and players alike. There is no skill at all with these quests, it's a useless time sink, and the only people who care about it, are people who care about the progress websites. If we could throw those people under the bus, and run back and forth over them a few times, maybe we could all tell DBG to yank those things out once and for all. But as long as an epeen can be measured, we're stuck with it. And coirnav is going to hurt from this.

But it's OK, I invite you to take Zurdula over to Coirnav and prove me wrong. I will be skipping that era, but I probably will be able to hear the screams.
  12. HappyPanda Augur

Players have only so much time, and the more that have to spend time spawning picks in SSRA and working on Emp key immediately will be the fewer that are at the shard camps. I'm sure there will be plenty of drama to go around but pressure will definitely be reduced.
    I also have not yet heard of many raid guilds setting up there and it is only 2 weeks away, which makes me think that the content may not be pressured as heavily to begin with.
    Finally, I will have to politely decline your invitation to CV because I would be put in stocks for even suggesting that we go through the nightmare that is 12 weeks of Kunark raiding again.
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

Not many people are ready to leave a pop locked server before they even break 100 aa in luclin... lol shocker deybreakgames wake up or sell the game please.
  14. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

You can actually sneak in to more than half of the boss rooms or an adjacent room and coth people in VT, not just AHR. Some of the rooms that you can't fall in to or get to by walking inside walls, you can pull a trash mob from an adjacent room with a mage bolt and get the mob to about 50% using FD classes and then have them FD. Once the mob drops aggro, he will go back to his spawn. The regen rate is so slow on mobs there that you can then use 2 mages to get yourself summoned. You take mage #1 and bolt the low health trash mob, while mage #2 starts a coth on mage #1. Mage #1 gets summoned, then cothed right away by mage #2, casts invis and then does a /rewind. You are now in the room safely, go to a safe corner and start cothing your raid in. That crash course on how to navigate all over VT without clearing the trash required to get there 101, is free of charge.
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

OMG, I never put that together before: "Dey Break Games". Priceless!
    potatoface likes this.
  16. Darchias Augur

We have now, as of Feb. 27. I'm glad you're so concerned with our success! It was a much easier kill than pulling him out of the room it turned out, we kept having issues with him one-shotting a healer or two on the way in. No deaths!
  17. Misaligned Augur

As someone in one of those casual guilds, this is spot on.

I'm completely burnt on key crap and find it very difficult to motivate myself for Emp key. I have a pouch so far. Coirnav isn't helping.

VT is an awful raid. Easily the most boring raid I've done. Just a ludicrous amount of trash.
  18. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

How can you find it hard to motivate yourself for one of the easiest keys to get in earlier expansions? Emp key takes like an hour or two max. It took me longer to key a 6 box crew for howling stones than it took me to get my 6 box crew emp keys on phinny. Emp key is a joke.
  19. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

Probably go to camp comms without any tracking classes or harry potter maps on top of not pulling and DPSing fast enough. Comm spawns and gets sniped.

Or sometimes some people consistently PUG for their keys and then lose a lot of rolls.
  20. Xhartor Augur