Fixed Internally White inventory window

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Marton, May 17, 2023.

1. Klang Lorekeeper

My older system with a Radeon HD 6770 suffers the same problem.
  2. Banchi New Member

Same Problem. Radeon HD 6670.
  3. Klang Lorekeeper

Anything new? I dug an even older system up Radeon HD 5450, and it has the same issue. Just anything AMD older than a certain model is broke.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

not just radeon - others are having same issues. I have 3 radeons, only one of them has this issue
  5. Elenderil Lorekeeper

Dear Devs,
    Can we have some sort of update on where you guys have reached on solving this issue please. Part of what is getting people hot under the collar is the lack of information. At the back of my mind is a concern that when the full set of UI changes is finalised and launched the work around's won't work and all of the UI screens will be whited out. We are (mostly) big boys and girls out here, we can handle the truth (I hope).
    RainingSage likes this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Check your shader settings in eqclient.ini. There are a couple of legacy variables that might still impact rendering: Try these values to ensure only one shader model is being used:

[Defaults]
    1xPixelShaders=0
    14PixelShaders=0
    20PixelShaders=1

OR older

[Defaults]
    1xPixelShaders=0
    14PixelShaders=1
    20PixelShaders=0

OR oldest

[Defaults]
    1xPixelShaders=1
    14PixelShaders=0
    20PixelShaders=0
  7. klanderso Developer

For those of you having this problem, can you try two things for me?

First, open your EQ options (alt+O) > Display > Advanced Settings > toggle Allow 2.0 Pixel Shaders (to the opposite of what it's currently set). Relaunch the game and let me know if it's different.

Second, try updating the drivers for your graphics card (you can also make a new restore point in Windows before you do this if you're worried about it doing bad/weird things). There are two options for updating your driver:
    1. Open Device Manager (either from the Control Panel or by typing it in at the Windows start menu), go to Display adapters, right-click on your video card, and choose Update driver.
    2. You should be able to go to your manufacturer's site and find the latest driver for your graphics card in their support/drivers section.
    You may need to reboot your computer before seeing any changes in EQ (and it's always a good idea to reboot when you're updating ANY kind of driver).
  8. Bernel Augur

Disabling the pixel shaders and restarting didn't seem to affect my client:

[IMG]

As far as I know, I'm running with the latest video driver:

[IMG]
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Is that vendor or from AMD? Desktop or mobile?

It looks like you are on Catalyst Beta 15.11.1. The AMD direct downloads provide Catalyst 15.7.1 driver version 15.20.1062​ and Radeon Crimson Beta 16.2.1 driver version 15.301.1901 for that model. From what I remember, you have to do a clean install to go from Catalyst to Crimson.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have some accounts all on the same computer that I used the fix from Emilari (once I did it right) so for this test I used other accounts that still have the white screen but are all on the same computer. See again this is why we, the players should not be messing around with having to adapt something doing stuff we don't know how to do...anyway

Nothing changed when clicking the pixel shaders on/off and logging in and out between changing the settings.

But of interest may be something else I noticed. I clicked on Enable Window Gamma while I was in advanced and it changed my screen to a milky white like fog. Clicked it again to turn it off and it did not go back to original screen color but went about 10 shades darker. My increase windowed gamma button was already checked.

So I logged out of that account and went back to desktop and my entire computer screen was that milky white. A simple computer restart fixed that. Then logged back into that account and screen is back to normal. I don't mess with gamma in the past so have no idea if this is normal or not.

As far as my Radeon card drivers there are no updates.
  11. Bernel Augur

I'm not really sure where the driver came from. This is a Lenovo ThinkCentre machine. The Device Manager says I have the most recent. I'm guessing the drivers came from Lenovo or Windows. I don't think I've manually installed drivers. When I get a chance, I'll try to download the drivers you mention.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

One option is to choose a different driver that is already install on your machine by Windows. To access the list of available drivers open Device Manager.

1. Right click on Windows task bar icon (lower left)
    2. Select Device Manager
    2. Select Display Adapters and click the > to drop down the list
    3. Select your AMD gpu
    4. Right click and select Update driver
    5. Select Browse my computer for drivers
    6. Select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Select one of the available drivers, preferable not the one you are using
    8. Select Next and wait for installation to complete
    9. Try it out
    10. Repeat for other choices that might be available.
  13. A.Kyra New Member

Hi I had this inventory screen whiteout and other windows greyed out, I have Radeon HD 8670D built in graphics card with fully updated adrenaline, drivers and windows 10 updates.
    I used Emilari's work around and it worked. The layout of Emilari's work around didnt quite sit right.
    Playing around with loading skins I found a fix not sure if it will work for everyone though. I made a new folder (not labled default) and copy and pasted all of the default folder into it, then loaded it like a skin and no whiteout windows anymore.

Hope this helps.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  14. Rufous New Member

15. Zinkeh Augur

Wow....this is still an issue in October? Hopped on one of the free servers a couple weeks ago and the inventory is completely unusable.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

This issue should be fixed with the DX11 update. If you're affected by this issue, you can see if the issue is still happening on the Test server where the DX11 update currently is.
  17. Lodestar The Undefeated

Has this also been pushed to Beta yet?

Further, have the new issues from the DX11 update pushed to beta ~10/21 been reviewed (GPU underutilization, FPS capped ~40fps for legal program(s), and anti-aliasing not working)?