Fixed Internally White inventory window

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Marton, May 17, 2023.

1. Montag Augur

2. Juilan Apprentice

Had an old AMD radeon 4000 that I put in so I didn't have to use onboard intel and I get the white inventory screen and the selector bar with no buttons

I had all the latest drivers for the card and dx...

Back to the onboard intel for now
  3. Elenderil Lorekeeper

Background tint to inventory changed to white making it impossible to read the white text. Including the dialogue allowing a player to change the background tint colour (although I don't know if that would work).work arounds have been suggested but these include creating a custom UI to force those windows back to the original UI set up. Not everyone wants to mess with the game files. It appears to impact older operating systems and specifically some particular graphics chipsets (both integral to mother boards and on bespoke graphics cards). Our second PC (HP Laptop running Windows 11 and an integrated AMD Radeon graphics set). is effected to the point that the game is unplayable.

I know that new UI issues have already been reported but I wanted this specific issue to have its own post to allow upvoting of this one issue.
  4. Irishgal New Member

My background on the Inventory is white and can't see level, stats, money, etcc. And the middle of it has a triangle flashing.
    RainingSage likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Fenthen likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

did not fix it all

Worked for the white inventory screen. But still have white boxes when you try to buy something off an NPC vendor or from someone in the baz or thru remote baz.

So no way to buy anything.
  7. Monkeychunks Augur

Yes it fixed the white inventory window and the selector bar but can't buy anything from NPC - got a white box on that

edit just saw the post above. my buy boxes are white too. was wondering why I had not sold anything in the baz. No one can see the boxes to select how many etc
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't worry about it, there are not enough players logging in right now to make any sales in the baz anyway
  9. Emilari UI Designer

The above image is how this "White Windows" bug is rendering for people suffering from it.

These quotes show that it is an issue with the entire engine and not just the inventory window. Even though there is a temporary workaround this bug is game-breaking for those suffering from it and must be fixed before the old engine is sunsetted.

I also displayed how this white layer actually exists for everyone, even those not suffering from the "White Windows" bug back in March. The white layer that should be transparent is the cause of the inventory window image below being grey and non-transparent. It's layering my graphic over a white base, which needs to be changed to a transparent base.

These issues are related. The new Gameface engine is rendering a white layer where it should be rendering a fully transparent/invisible/clear layer.

I have no idea why some players systems are rendering the white layer on top, and some are rendering it on the bottom, but the white layer needs to be located, and made transparent.
    RPoo, Wulfhere, Fenthen and 7 others like this.
  10. Chomp New Member

I have the white screen issues as well on two desktops running to older HD 5XXX series AMD Radeons under windows. Both desktops have the latest windows 10 and Radeon drivers. My laptop and other desk top both running Win 11 with Nvidia GPUS do not have the issue. One of my guildies is having the white screen issue as well and is running an AMD APU. Hint hint. And please upvote the first in this thread
  11. Clicquot New Member

I have the same issue cant really click on anything to fix, thinking it might do more damage then good.
  12. Moonsnow New Member

I am having the same problem on my older cpu.
  13. Shoebox New Member

Same issue on AMD Radeon 5700 Series.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Shoebox likes this.
  15. Shoebox New Member

Monkeychunks likes this.
  16. Monkeychunks Augur

It worked well for me too but still have a little white box when I try to buy or sell or pick up stuff. If you squint and imagine where the set up was on those boxes then you can still use them to price out stuff on your trader and if you pick up one item at a time helps too.
  17. niente Developer

18. MiataDriver Augur

It would really be so awesome if DBG paid attention to the reports from Test server before foisting this on the live servers. I am not quite sure I understand the purpose of the Test server at this point.
    Enemies, Yinla and Fenthen like this.
  19. Docta New Member

Have 3 of 5 pc's experiencing this issue. Was playing through it knowing it would eventually get fixed, but really is making the game unplayable for me.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so I am not real good with computers and maybe this was mentioned or there are posts about it but they are in computer lingo that didn't clarify anything for me. Now I find a post that was recently made in plain English that I can understand and it said:

And those are the windows with the white screen problem.

Its not just the Radeon because I have 3 different computers all with Radeon and 2 are fine and one is not. So since those windows were converted then this means the conversion did not work. There are other problems with the 2 computers that make it so I cannot play the game on them.

Please let us know your trying to fix this. Other than just copying Emilari's fix and pushing that out to players like it is a legit fix. Its not, not all windows are corrected.

Just curious if Emilari got paid for all that work he did;)
    Yinla likes this.