Which new revamped luclin zones are we getting with the new expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Moege Augur

hated paludal in luclin, dark dingy, full of horrors and just a pita. hope the new one is at least usable. shadeweavers .... ? /yawn boring zone
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

For me personally, the last storyline that felt even remotely coherent and Everquest-y was TDS. Every expansion "story" since then, for me at least, has been nothing but hot garbage. I no longer bother reading any NPC dialogue to try and figure out what's going on...I just click the prompts and get the cut & paste tasks done with as quickly as possible because the story is completely irrelevant these days.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

No twilight sea or Scarlett desert? be great hunter zones ;P
  4. Shanarias Augur

Back in the day, the exp modifier in that zone was awesome!
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Shillingworth Augur

The story is buried deep in the game and takes a lot of digging to find. You really have to read through what Mayong has done, like everything he has done to start to get a grasp on why Luclin locked him up. He stole what is possibly the home plane for the Akhevan people and kept it for a very long time before Luclin managed to lock him away. It gets very interesting as you dig into it as those threads reach into just about everything he has done.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Then why were we coerced into helping Mayong not Luclin? Seems like that must be part of the lore somehow. We closed the gate preventing Luclin from taking the plane. I mean sure we did it for the loot, but if Mayong is the villain in this story why would the game be designed for us to get loot for helping the bad guy? As lore Im not seeing the sense in that.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Elemental Augur

These zones are complete trash what a let down.....Do the developers even play Everquest, or are they just trying to find zones with the least amount of coding to have to implement.

Ssra, The Grey, Greig's End, Sanctus Seru, but no, we get nothing but noob zones.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Treeconix Elder

So Mayong "stole" the Akhevan plane...isn't that the Plane of Shadows from ROF? LOL.

Nevermind that. Let's stay on track. He stole their plane so they decided to...enslave Neanderthals? And then we decided to ransack their city (VT), but only after committing genocide against the Netherbians and poaching a rare giant horse in Umbral Plains?

Makes total sense. Fantastic expansion. Hats off. Really competes with the likes of all time greats.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

Beta and pre-sales are the same day. 10/11.
  10. Marton Augur

Yeah, this.
  11. Shillingworth Augur

Sorry this game doesn't feed you the story on a silver platter. You have questions regarding what happened but instead of seeking those answers out you are criticizing what you see on the surface. If you really want to know what's happening, you actually have to immerse yourself and investigate. Follow any leads you may find, even something like a symbol that appears in two places sometimes turns out to be very significant. Otherwise your going to have to wait until those plot lines make some sort of appearance in a raid, mission, quest or task.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

They were noob zones in TSoL only ! If the zone list is true there will be a lot revamped zones and Firefall Pass would be a new one. Ruins of Shadowhaven does sound very interesting to me as it is not just copy and paste but instead an evolving storyline that would be visible. I wonder which creatures might have took over the place. Vampires, akhevans, thought horrors from below or netherbian swarms from above ? Any survivors ?

Similar older thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/why-no-ssra-or-are-we-getting-a-part-3.285518/
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

At least it looks like something is finally sinking in with the devs and they're not simply calling the revamped zones the same thing as the original zone. Like how ToL Maiden's Eye is just...Maiden's Eye, or ToV Eastern Wastes is just...Eastern Wastes.
    Fanra and Zunnoab like this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Shar Vahl divided sounds like civil war.
  15. Treeconix Elder

I'm just highlighting the absurdity of you defending bad lore.

Think what you said. Mayong took over the Akhevan plane. So we decided to ransack their two cities, break Mayong out, and close the door allowing the Akhevans back into their plane? Did we all have amnesia and forget Mayong used us to transcend into godhood (Dreadspire Demi-plane of Blood), invaded and corrupted the Plane of Music (Theater of Blood & Deathknell), and tried to create eternal night by invading the Plane of Sun (Solteris) and assassinating Solusek Ro? Why in the flying fudge would we assist Mayong? Do yourself a favor and just ask yourself that.
  16. Treeconix Elder

Of course they aren't noob zones now, but the point is that these zones weren't ever really the nostaglia-inducing and highly regarded zones like SSRA, Seru, or AC. The zones we are getting were the equivalent of fly-over states. It's hard to get excited for a literal noob yard revamp when we had the chance to get something like SSRA.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

You not understanding it or not liking it doesn't make it "bad lore."

Also, Sorcha mocks us after helping to close the gate suggesting the loot is our motivation.

Yeah I'm trying to think of why though. In order of most to least likely I'd guess:
    1.) Khati Sha learns his true past and chaos ensues.
    2.) The Akheva do get ahold of Vah Kerrath's spirit and chaos ensues.
    3.) A faction breaking Vah Shir indifference to the gods, or that stops treating the arcane as taboo emerges. I haven't noticed any hints to that though.

I'm sure it will be clear tomorrow.

They weren't to you. They are to me.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I'm ready for Shar Vahl as a combat zone. Murdering whatever faction of kittens lost the player-friendly coin toss is justice for making me run through their stupid city for twenty years.
  19. Treeconix Elder

Me pointing out the absurdity =/= me not understanding it. This lore isn't some cryptic hieroglyphic tablet found in the desert. It's just not good. It's objectively not good. Read again what I said and tell me that this lore is good.

We have historically had expansions when we "tried" to be the good guys, now suddenly it's all about the loot. We have fought Mayong multiple times, only to break him out of jail...for loot? Ok.

At this point I think half the community just suffers from Stockholm syndrome. They'll accept whatever they receive and defend it, regardless of how idiotic it may be. They haven't been able to solve the crippling raid lag in 4 years, why would I expect a good storyline? Too much to ask for. Instead they'll just continue giving us more procs and pets and we all act shocked when the raid lag hasn't been fixed.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Every expansion I try to follow along the storyline. For the last few expansions (since TDS, really) I kinda just throw up my hands and treat the entire experience as a Taelosian fever dream.

After reading through all the quest description, lore, NPC text I still have no idea what in Tunare's green earth Vulak was doing or his motivation for wrecking his entire everything to summon Veeshan who would almost assuredly world reset everything so hard old Freeport would be accessible and Freezeboot Frigid Gnashers would be dropping.

Even basic stuff is super inconsistent. Like the Western Wastes siren quests where the quest NPC asks me to murder a bunch of Othmir for a necklace or something for her bae, while being in a KOS area I have to murder the entire... school? of sirens everytime I need to do a handin.
    Treeconix and Svann2 like this.