When is Thornblade going to consolidate into Mischief.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spiffy Duu, May 16, 2022.

1. Chikkin Augur

I've been looking real hard, like a daily question to myself, about coming out and trying Mischief loot before getting married to Vaniki but... haven't gave in just yet.

Whenever that time comes that I try a Mischief loot server, is there any reason why I would want to start on Thornblade instead of Mischief?
  2. Chikkin Augur

If you look at my post history, i spent a lot (alot!) of time trying to figure out the population levels between Low/Med/High.

You have no idea how much time and hourly checks and such that I was doing, haha. Real life eventually said "time to stop playing around with something you'll never have the answer to" but I did strongly believe that ...

Medium population was when the server hit 500. I'm going to go dig up my older post from 2014. At the time, EQ Resources was first working on and implementing their server logs stuff that is probably well fleshed out by now.

Let me go see, I'll add it in with an edit.

It's speculation of course, but I was pretty convinced that I had it, or was at least "ballpark close".

Edit: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/server-populations-june-2014-edition.211891/

Edit2:
    Just how busy is High/Med/Low status anyway?
    No clue. I am 95% positive that Low status is 0-500 players, and at 500 or 501 it hits Medium. I have not had as much luck getting information that makes sense for Medium and High status.
    So what good is all of this if we don't have real numbers?
    Well it's better than nothing? It shows trends. It shows which servers are the busiest, which are busy at certain hours and play times, and with the tracking I am able to compare month to month, eventually year to year, and other significant happenings such as server merges or new expansions.

Edit3: Link to my old excel charts/data, June 2014's charts. https://imgur.com/a/xT6yP -- I was a FV player at the time, I remember this time period showed how FV was stable and growing, but it was not at the very top yet.
  3. Shamoo New Member

the LARGEST guild on the server has to transfer to another server and into a new guild???

that doesnt make a whole lot of sense
    it sounds more like you got hit with the suspension that went out recently and people going to the next TLPs

cause even Twelve Pack is beating you to OW targets (no offense to TP theyre good people)
  4. Faydark New Member

Just jumping on the train: Pacifica is also clearing Tacvi/Texvu/other targets weekly.

There's more life in this server than many would have us believe, and personally, Thornblade has been the most fun I've had in EQ since original EQ.

I dread the point where we merge with Mischief, everything I've read about Mischief just screams "totally different experience" so far.

I'm fairly sure that those server numbers posted here are reasonably accurate, or in the ballpark. Thornblade can still hit multiple "general" chat channels, which cap out at 400 characters each. Not everyone is a 6boxer, but even taking a wild guess and saying everyone at least 3 boxes, you've still got a couple hundred actual players on the server at the same time.
  5. Pleefun Lorekeeper

I mean if any of this was true it still has zero impact on TB. First off you have on avg 40 people per raid per your dkp site. You are by far not the biggest guild on server. Most your toons get banned every other week. 2nd there is about 7 or 8 guilds clearing tacvi on TB currently, add one more guild if you wanna count cowboys, sonsidering you only raid once a week. 3rd, you definitely do not get 95% of the OW targets. For a batphone guild you miss several zun, HP champ and snake kills. You maybe at best get 60% if not less. Pretty bad batphone guild on TB no doubt. TB is going to be far better without you on the server. Keep the two servers separated.