When is Thornblade going to consolidate into Mischief.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spiffy Duu, May 16, 2022.

1. Spiffy Duu New Member

See question in title.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Probably not until the population drops off enough to allow it. Mischief is hitting High pop and Thornblade hits Medium pop so I doubt they can merge them without generating large queues.

Yes that ruleset was that popular.
    Chikkin and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  3. Vicious EQ Elder

<Cowboys> is currently the largest guild on Thornblade and is planning to do a paid transfer on May 20th this month of 95% of our guild for Omens Launch.

We determined that the time was right to move:

- Open world content after GoD being non-existent or at a minimum (I see you riftseekers!)
    - The population of Mischief will be slightly lowered due to the new TLPs opening the week prior.
    - The economy on Thornblade is largely driven by people transferring characters to and from our server. Thornblades economy itself is non-existent.

We were still split raiding here on Thornblade and doing 95% of the open world content but starting in Omens the advantage goes to the guild that is able to conduct the largest number of splits. Seeing as top tier content will not be available in the open world anymore we felt it was a good time to make a big change. You will find almost all of us raiding with <The Faceless> on Mischief after May 20th!

Thornblade still has 1-2 guilds left but both are casual scheduled raiding guilds and I'm certain the economic impacts of the largest guild leaving will be felt by them over the next few months.

Eh what do I know. They will probably flourish without us :rolleyes:
  4. Gnomie Denser than most

But the no-afk kick!

Oh the satisfaction of leaving your toon on in PoK for a week while on a vacation and realizing when you get back that you left tribute on.
  5. nagash101 Augur

Can we get a server merge from thornblade to mischief a few weeks after all of Cowboys pays for it?
  6. Zanarnar Augur

I doubt the guilds will notice much; but as someone who relies on buying raid gear, and having people to sell I farm up to.. I'm sure I'll notice. My money is on it badly needing merged by December.

By next Summer? Thornblade will make Zek look like FV.
  7. Zansobar Augur

Server merges are only done once per year, I believe in June so it won't be happening this year as they've already announced the planned merges.
  8. Zanarnar Augur

I know. Hence my "by next summer it will make Zek look like FV" comment. If they don't decide to do it this summer (still plenty of time to add it to the list); next year is going to be too far away. This 1 time a year server merge thing has got to go. They need to be more reactive and do merges when they are needed, not in some set window.

CLEARLY they have tons of free dev time these days, see pointless body type changes and the mess that caused for no reason.
  9. Triconix Augur

Just because you have zero situational awareness and foresight, it doesn't mean the changes they have been making were pointless.

Also, they don't have lots of free dev time because they are already starting work on next expansion if you take any notice to data changes, updates, and additions that go on in the backend.
    Waring_McMarrin and Stymie like this.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

LOL I have no foresight.. right. Lets see they pushed a body type change that made even lv1 skeletons unkillable by guards; would have made most summoned pets immune to mobs who also can't hit magic and ended up requiring they remove the entire concept of "Magic" weapons. (not to mention would have broken ikk4 and a ldon raid once you couldn't pick-pocket raid bosses)

ya I see how you would gather that they clearly had that change well thought out /s
  11. Triconix Augur

The implementation of the change =/= the reason why they developed the change. You should stop conflating both of them into a single discussion. It's just bad practice. Also, still doesn't take away from the original statement.
  12. Captain Video Augur

The answer is the same as in the 37 other threads asking this question.
  13. Cideral Lorekeeper

if thornblade is medium population then I question the definition of population levels
  14. nagash101 Augur

^^^^^
    That is my question also.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Looks like these are killing in Txevu at least or clearing Tacvi, for what its worth:

Cowboys
    Gnomehub
    Quorum
    Decisive Glyphers
    Council of Kerafyrm
    Good Intentions
    Twelve Pak

Seen them all getting Tunat or Zun kill announcements.

I like lower population, personally. Its nice.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  16. Thatoneguy666 Elder

anyone still going to Vaniki? Bueller? Bueller?
    Chikkin likes this.
  17. Truetotheblue Augur

Leave Thorn and open up relaxed truebox similar to Vaniki / Yelinak and see how it plays out on established TLP servers, imo. It's a unique situation with these two in that changing the rules will give people who want to maintain that truebox as an option to move to Mischief and it will give DPG an opportunity to evaluate the change in a few different settings.

Given this was a heavy community request I don't see a lot of downside with this option.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

So why did it need done now?

Why not use the dev time to deliver on their promise with Mischief/Thornblade of randomized loot? (CT2.0, solC, chardokB, normal ldons, veksar... none have random loot, and I'm likely forgetting a few zones)

Or fix one of the many outstanding bugs? Or the massive lag issue? or well.. go look at the bug forum, pick any of those would have been a better use of time right now.

So I disagree that they don't have "spare dev time". If they didn't, this wouldn't have happened because they'd be focused on the litany of existing bugs and issues. I know its unpopular here to call them out for wasting time. I don't really care.
  19. Triconix Augur

You don't care because you're ignorant. Developers usually have schedules planned out well in advanced in terms of projects. This was definitely one of them.

If you dont understand how data normalization is crucial then I'm not sure why I'm bothering. It helps with many things you just listed from easier bug troubleshooting, less bugs in general, faster compute time and better performance (oh that reduces lag!), quicker turn around for dev work to free up time to work on other stuff, and many more.

You starting to get the picture yet? Or would you like to just continue having no awareness like I originally stated?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. Slaytanik Elder

Thought you guys were going to Vaniki -> Bind Rush.