What's the deal with the horrible experience per kill

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jx2k, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Randomized Augur

Can you tell us which camps and which mobs you were killing.

LB mobs give even more than .02% a kill in ETWK

Edit: and I ask this because there's not a lot of yellow mobs for you to go around killing. Half the zone is going to be conned Dark Blue to you with a few white and even fewer yellows
  2. Monkeychunks Augur

Sounds like your quitting.

Can I have your stuff err computers :)
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yes they increased the exp needed to level but the point is the same it takes many more mobs to level.

But as others and I have complained it makes grinding feel much less rewarding. I am still not clear on the logic of this.
  4. Jx2k New Member

Not giving up yet, I did find mobs that are a bit better at .1 with lessons that's not bad for 30 mins at a time. But not all are at that rate mobs with same names and con give different rates some are .1 while other are .022%. With difficulty going up as one progresses the rate you earn should not go down from an average around 2% per kill and later down to around .05 ish later. If only killing evens ever level the rate should never so drastically, when you take a job do agree to make less the longer you have the job.
    Yes every level you need more exp to level, but the mobs should also increase in value for being more difficult. If you start a new chr and do the planes or omens using only what was available at the time ( and buffs) the difficulty and rate of progression has not changed much. Only the player has change,as they will remember how to address each are. If trying to sell subscription and expansions, and exp bate a switch does not make sense, for exp to drastically decrease with each expansion. At least for a bit I am looking for a better spot to grind, but at this rate of exp me and my wife are quickly losing a want to log in. Looking threw the forums I am seeing more then a few that are saying it's to slow after 90 or 95, so it's not just us, and most that quit for a similar reason prolly never bothered to say anything. If it was always an exp rate of less then .2% no one would no any difference and except it that way. I don't think it should be 2% per kill at any level past 10 or 20.
  5. Graag Baash New Member

You're sort of right. Level XP (as opposed to AA XP) via grinding declines rapidly after 100, and effectively goes to ZERO after 110.
    But you still can catch up, just not through grinding.
    You have to change your expectations when you log in.
    "I'm gonna log in and get 5% of a level" is no longer a viable plan.
    "I'm gonna log in and explore new zones and mobs or quests" is totally a viable plan.
    Work each zone's Mercenary quests.
    Work each zone's Partisan quests.
    Do your daily or twice daily Overseer.
    Is Overseer dumb? Yes, it is. Will Overseer get you from 110 to 120? Yes, it will.

The good news is that after 120, you can get back to grinding AAs. And you will need to.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you are in a Fellowship I would check you haven't got XP sharing turned on in your Fellowship that will slow your levelling by a lot. I would advise only turning that on once max levelled & max aa'd.
  7. Jx2k New Member

I am not in a fellowship, just a group of 3 on 100% exp. Like I said if it was always a task system to progress I would not be saying a thing. But being forced to talk to npc to gain some exp does not work for people with limited time to play ( for 12 years of playing it was not that way). If you have to get buffed up, run to an npc to get a mission then search for what's needed then run back for a hand in it eats up a big chunk of time, and only getting to enjoy the game play we fell in love with doesn't work. In the past you did not need to do a single quest and still progress. Questing was not what we enjoyed, unless a quest was needed for a guild function we mostly did not bother. Grinding levels and aa's and farming for tradeskills made up 95%( or more) of are playtime. A lot of days we would just logging in, to grind with leasons. Missions and tasks was not needed to progress. It's fine, the eq we fell in love, is no longer option to progress at a reasonable rate. I am willing to bet the game has lost more then a few people because of the new changes. At the current Grinding rates most will give up long before they can catch up with the bulk of the server, which means less revenue for who ever owns eq. And that's fine, if you like doing quests I guess it's an improvement, but for us, losing Grinding is sucking out the fun out, and making the game feel like a job. Tasks Don't work for a limit play time.
  8. Jx2k New Member

Bla sorry
    and only getting to enjoy the game play we fell in love with for a very limit portion of are play tim doesn't work.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Could you use some indents in your posts so they are easier to read and not one long paragraph please? I keep losing my place
  10. Randomized Augur

It's more akin to getting a raise with a job. You're still doing the same job, you're still gaining the same dollar. But a dollar is less impressive when you now make $40 an hour as opposed to when you made $20 an hour.

As for you pingponging between .1% and .02% I think what you're running into are the "relatively weak" conned mobs. Which are DRASTICALLY easier than the other mobs. And as such, they reward less experience than the other mobs.

It really doesn't. It's not like you have to traverse 2-3 zones and back again. It's an instanced zone. And they're usually relatively small (it takes 30 seconds to run back to Gribbles from the end of his tasks for example).

Once you get used to running Gribbles for example, you can complete all 3 of his tasks in about 45 minutes...or less. It's fairly quick and simple.

As for getting buffs, get the buffs prior to playing. You can stay logged in while you go afk and get buffs. That way when it's time to play, you can take off right away. It also doesn't hurt to plan ahead on what you want to do. If you're gonna run tasks, there's multiple guides that break it down step by step for you. Even show you on maps as to where you need to be/go for each step along the way (I believe I linked you such a guide).

At 100 if you want an increase in experience, I'd say move into The Darkened Sea expansion. Better exp, better loot, and a nice change of pace. But I would recommend doing the quests, the progression ones at least. You get good exp for doing them and they involve going around killing things everywhere.
  11. Jx2k New Member

I am sorry for lengthy paragraphs, between my disability in my fingers and English not being my first language, txt often gets away from me.
    If it was always on the bad side, we would have nothing to compare it to, and would be fine.
    From a player that did not play for 10 years now, the exp per kill ratio for trying to do ( in are case of atacking mobs the same level as we are) has gone down more then 100%.
    And with the change in exp from .1 to .024, the mobs have the same con and the same name, and spawn from the same spot ( I realized this may not be the case everwhere), and yes the ones that say that are easyer when you con them give less as are a lot easier ( in mobs I saw easer ones gave 0.0012 exp).
    By no means did I think we could come back and level ever week. But if in the past you got 2% a kill for a regular even mob, going down to .1 or less does not make sense. As an example Omens should be harder then pop, but the exp per kill seams a bit better in omens then pop not worse.
    In the past you did not have to do task missions to advance at a half decent rate. As a player trying to come back, it's very disappointing.
    We can only base this on exp per kill, as there is many more factors to consider. In the past one could kill 30 mobs (and for this only killing regular even coned mobs) one would see half desent progress. Now is like hunting evens with green rewards at best.
    If you never took a break from playing, you might of saw the exp nerf gradually, and would of been less of a discouraging surprise.
    I also realize maybe I have gotten a little older and maybe a little sent in my ways, but comparing grinding level 1 to 85 and to trying to grind level 100 it does not seam very fare or enjoyable.
    For 12 years, we could grind the levels and aa's ( my wife always kept her aa's pretty much maxed at every level, then go back and do any quest that was needed or was an upgrade after (in my case I did as little quests as possible as that part of the game was not mandatory to advance nor did I overly enjoyed doing most of them).
    We fell in love with the grind, farming for tadeskills, and enjoyed the social aspect of guilds. Just baseing on exp to kill my wife is pretty much done with the eq. If it was always a bad exp system, we would have 0 to say on the matter. Being forced to do quest/tasks to advance ( at a somewhat reasonable rate) feels more like a job or less like a game but more of an interactive story.
    Point is the exp rate is very disappointing now based on game play in the past.
  12. Jx2k New Member

Bla sorry I did try to put indents this new phone removed them sorry
  13. Randomized Augur

Again, can you give us the names of the mobs you were killing.
    Make sure your AA experience is set to 0
    As well as how many people are in the group and their levels.

I think I got more experience from a level 100 mob who conned Green to my 120 Ranger in ETWK than you're getting fighting white and yellow con mobs.

You may need to also just change locations.
    Again, I suggest TDS's Katta Castrum or Temptest Temple. They're more in line for your level 100 characters and will give you better experience where you'll feel rewarded and feel like you've made progress for playing.
  14. Bernel Augur

I've been fighting greenies with a merc in ETWK to work on weapon skills since 115 and get just a tiny bit of exp. This is just now as 120 with me and my merc and Lesson fighting a 101 spider to get .001% exp:

[IMG]

Without lesson, the exp is so low it doesn't even show the percent. I know it's green so exp is going to be lower, but this seems like a waste of time to try to exp this way.

One thing I was thinking about with regards to this thread is that there doesn't seem to be any more open world active camps. I remember a while ago there were camps in FM that you could join. I was too low level at the time, but I remember chat messages from people in FM looking for more to join. I don't think I've seen those kinds of messages in a while. Now if I see a message about a group wanting more, it's for a mission. It's no surprise since world exp is so low once you're 110+.
  15. Randomized Augur

Once you hit level 101, CoTF and prior expansions take an exp nerf. Overall. Not just mob xp. I indrrstanf using trivial mobs for skill ips, but expecting exp from mobs 8 expansions prior to your level is slightly asinine. Thats why I asked the OP the questions I did and recommended TDS expansion to start leveling in
  16. Jx2k New Member

Hi again, rather then just being completely negative I do have a suggestion that helps revenue, game play, and players.

Simply take one zone per expansion, and add a perk based buff that a player can purchase with their subscription. How many expansions would get the perks would depend.
    But I think even if it was a crutch type perk that only affected 2 expansion would help with player’s sanity.
    Since there is all ready an option to skip a few levels I don’t think it would be a negative thing in any way. The biggest changes to the game at lest to us is the task system. With my suggestion, make it a task to get the buff, even if it only last a couple hours a day (or even just an hour), the player would at lest gets a sense progress.
    Even if you have to buy the perk for each expansion (I think would still be very reasonable). And each perk would only affect exp in one zone (the perk/buff would add the difference, rather then going back and adjusting mobs/npc exp rate) and would also do nothing after you hit that expansion target level range.
    If you were to add this to every expansion past 100 it has the potentl to boost expansion sales, but even if it’s a crutch type system for 10 levels to adapt to the new changes would help a lot. Also not designed to do a full level in a day but a quarantine way to grind let say 10 to 12.55 an hour would promote a sense of progress at lest.
    If one can not adapt in 10 levels, the problem would be completely the player’s problem. This would also help revenue a bit (not drastically). If a player logs in frustration, they will be more like to give, and this would benefit any one interested in catching up.
  17. Randomized Augur

What you described is pretty much Lessons of the Devoted. And once a month you get a free potion so long as you're a subscriber.

Honestly, go to Katta Castrum Deluge (guild hall portal) or Toxx Forest --> Barren Coast --> Buried Sea -- Katta.

I think you'll find a lot better form of progression than you did in ETWK
    Loup Garou likes this.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

As a Norrathian lifetime hater of progression I will attest that it is indeed your fastest option to leveling. Once this bitter pill is swallowed and you just do it, its really not that bad. You will see its pretty much all the same. Mercenary tasks= go kill this many of this mob. Partisan Tasks= run around kill some , do some hails collect some drops, turn ins etc.

Once you know the path the journey does not seem so long. Most people are done pretty fast then squaking there is not enough to do (BS) . Last year I was max aa before my Christmas break from work was over. It just seems like forever to get there, you just have to BE ON THE RIGHT ROAD.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Jx2k New Member

Hi
    Now I didn't do anything and mobs are around 0.2 and I feel that is reasonable (not all, still some with the same name and con are now .o48 but most are .2). I still find the task system borderline pointless, but maybe I have not found the tasks.
    I also do appreciate that fact any took to the time to suggest things, so a big ty there. At .2 for 70% of mobs (before lessons) may not be as fast as lvl 85 but very reasonable, at that rate.
    Happy hunting
  20. Marton Augur

Bonus exp going on now until Sunday.