What zones will be instanced with the downtime tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 27, 2015.

1. oleris Elder

Any word or official response would be good.
  2. Ishbu Augur

It was supposed to rolled out by end of day today, which in PST time should be what, like another hour and 15min?

Im not playing til I see the results of this. If they just instance CB, BB, Uguk I can live with it. If we instance all the zones through like level 20 or further, I just cant in good faith play this anymore, may as well go give WoW a try finally instead.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

Extreme hyperbole and apparently, you are OK with upper level zones with a group on every spawn point. This server is packed full and probably will still have a higher than normal population after the Lockjaw split.
  4. Nizumzen Journeyman

I have no idea what your problem is with instancing zones? This server is packed and XP spots are hard to find. More drops will just lower the prices on items as well so it is win win really.

I don't really want to be stuck unable to get XP because there is no where to go.
    SuedeVeil likes this.
  5. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

You tell em! If its not the way I want it, I am outta here BeoT%4%es!! This is my world no one cares about all these other pests running around me.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Wanting items to be more expensive is probably a big part of it. However - load balance instances will only go up proportionate to the number of people using them, so it's not quite like that.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Not to mention more money in the world will buoy costs upwards from the loss of value increased drop rates will cause.
  8. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I really don't understand why people are against instancing and always comparing it to WoW or that it's not "Classic".

As far as I remember there was not 120 players in Crushbone or Unrest in 99, so the experience we're having right now is not "Classic" either.

Now i'm not saying they should make it so that everybody can have their own instance of every zone or dungeon. But having 35-40 people in the popular dungeon and something like 60 for big zones like Nro and the Karanas is definitely something closer to the "Classic" experience everybody voted for, no?

Also it's not really about getting experience. Right now, even with the zones being overcrowded you can still sit somewhere like in Nro or Lavastorm and tag a mob evey 15 mins and you'll end up leveling. It'll be slow, sure, but you'll level up all the way to 50 eventually. Now what? everybody is going to bottleneck into the End-Game dungeon. If we're seing 120 people in Crushbone right now, you can expect at least 300 in uGuk or The Hole. Remember there is about 5-6 times as much low level dungeons as there is for late game.

I don't want the game to give me loots or camps on a silver platter.(Maybe like WoW does, I don't know I didn't play WoW much). I still want to work for it. But the way it is right now, at Level 50 it's gonna be 20 people sitting in Ghoul Frenzy room blasting it to shreds as soon as it spawns and hoping you do more damage than the other people to get the loot. That is definitely not what I remember from Classic.

I don't think having 4-5 instances of guk, each with about 30-40 people in them makes it so that loot starts to magically drops from the sky and everybody and their mother has 5 fbss all of a sudden. They just need to make it so that you can't hop from instance to instance killing the same named eveytime. Make it so that /pickzone gives you rez effects or something of the like to prevent you from doing that, i'm sure they can figure something out.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.
    thechacko, Rheyan and Lukins like this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

The starting area's are going to be more crowded than anything along the way as people spread out, instancing them as I stated was fine. Instancing more is not and I didnt compare it to wow, I said I might as well give that a try since everything was about instancing there. I hate instances, I would rather be denied camps and mobs while waiting in line because that makes them more valuable. Lots of times I missed out on things, thats what drove me to want to play, trying to get the things I wanted.

Instancing gives everything to everyone and its for the new game generation. I am not commenting on peoples age, I am commenting on the gaming generation. If there is a chance that in 2 different instances, one rare named mob can spawn at the same time, then that is 200% the loot the server should have gotten from that named. That is what I hate. That means 2x as many people have something as there should be. As time goes on it makes items less and less valuable as a much quicker pace than regular inflation.

I like having to sit around and be social at times, I like people being forced into playing nice and respecting camps because there is no other option to go be a jerk. Thats what happened back in the day, you either had to police yourself or change names/servers since you developed a reputation. Now you just go to another instance and do whatever you want because you can. That ruins the game for me.
  10. Ishbu Augur

Im sorry if you read that out of it you cant read very well. They told me there wouldnt be instancing past the newbie zones before i signed up and paid. They are now completely backtracking on that and doing a 180. I would never have signed up for this if that was the case from the get go.

Im sorry, but I was mislead, so I want to see how this is or I will spend my free time with another game as I always would have if they hadnt lied to me in the first place. It never was a take my ball and go home situation, it was, lets see what you do because if you completely change the game, and what was promised I do not want to play here. Its a big difference and its called reading comprehension.
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

You are right, people spread out of the new areas, but at high levels they all bottleneck back to the few high level dungeons.

I am 100% with you in agreement that having fewer item in the game make them more valuable. Do you know how many people per server there was in 1999? About 1500 to 2000 and that's the very crowded server. There is about 5k-6k people playing on RF right now. Don't you think that having 3 of every high end dungeon is still going to make those items rare and valuable?

I don't think people realize how much having 300 people in guk is going to suck. I'm all for items or camps being valuable, but too much is just too much. Think of it this way, would you have liked it if lGuk spawn time in 1999 would have been 7 days?
    Gythlen likes this.
  12. Rheyan Lorekeeper

My understanding of 'instancing' as introduced by WoW was that each group / raid would get its own *private* instance of any particular zone which meant that there was no competition at all. With the kind of instancing that is being implemented here - we still get that public zone feel as we are playing alongside other groups but there's enough instances to avoid the overcrowding we've been seeing.

I think that's a pretty good compromise.
    Crom-Eci likes this.
  13. Hexaholic Augur

There is ALWAYS a place to go to exp, just not always a 100% awesome / ideal place to EXP.
  14. Wandidar Elder

I'm not a fan of instancing - but there is a distinct difference between "private instance for me, my group and only me and my group" - and "Instance were bunches and bunches of people are playing that over-runs into a new instance at some point.

One has no community at all, the other does.

Beyond that, at the low level having the zone chats span those instances is also nice - it keeps the community around you as large as it actually is people wise in chat, but in more manageable chunks of people running around you in the game world.

My concern will be named spawns, boss mobs, etc...

So will groups take their chances instance hopping every 5 minutes to see if the Frenzied Ghoul is up or whatever.
    Rheyan likes this.
  15. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

There is a number of ways to prevent that, make it so that /pickzone leaves you oom with rez effects, or make it a 15 min timer, whatever.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Lot of RMT , plat sellers will be upset on instancing. Let's go ahead and disappoint them.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  17. Lateryn Augur

https://twitter.com/thewindstalker
  18. Wandidar Elder

If they were to instance open world dungeons, I'd imagine it working something like this:

For the sake of easy math, say "Imaginary open world dungeon" has 10 camps in it. 10 * 6 = 60 people. You want your dungeon to feel "full" though... so maybe the zone cap on it is 80 or 85. Now you have the old EQ feel of people working camps, people looking for camps, etc... in each open instance - while the zone chat spans all of them.

That would work for me in a general sense - just still my concern above about how they would handle named mobs, etc... across instances.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If they are smart, they lock you to an instance for a period of (x) time before you can re-pick another one. After any named kill you are locked again for a period of (x) time.

Just general thoughts.
    Krizem likes this.
  20. Lateryn Augur

Would be good. But I won't hold my breathe.
    Fallfyres likes this.