What would be a good name for a new: TLP RED (PVP) ???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corydon Coles, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

Zek was dead LONG before mercs and defiant. I was there.
    Jbur and Skuz like this.
  2. Corydon Coles Elder

Miragul - You seem to suggest that it was a FLOP. IF so the reasons would be:
    #1 Mangler in Velious. People like Velious its classic.
    * People arn't going to leave Mangler when they've invested in so much time.
    * I was away for few months... I thought I'd try a different server BUT I came back to my most recent server for the reason I had geared characters AND timeline is still CLASSIC. POK changes the game = POPower
    #2 Selo and Miragul = SAME content - Call of the Forsaken. No difference other then name of server

NO one has any ---> evidence <--- that ... A new PVP server (DIFFERENT Content) would be a flop. Everyone keeps pointing to how ZEK is dead. These finger pointers don't acknowledge that ALL the old servers are DEAD and most people mitigate to the hot NEW server - Which would be ... A new PVP server in the content people enjoy - classic, NO other server would be running classic.

Things are so dead on the old servers I'd consolidate all the old servers into 3. As there are only 3 different offerings... Consolidation has been going on steadily for years anyhow
    1) Roleplaying : that people rarely roleplay
    2) PVP
    3) Everything else is the same
  3. pinco Lorekeeper

you have a better chance of vanguard coming back then a red server,when i feel like pvp fortnite his the game.
    Skuz and Corydon Coles like this.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Are you suggesting that Miragul was not a flop? It has players but I doubt anyone would consider the idea to be a resounding success.

Getting to Velious is not investing so much time, Velious is 6mo into the TLP life cycle, barely halfway to the Classic->PoP restart

The differences between Selo and Miragul are probably the widest between any 2 servers, in fact the only thing the same was the rough starting expac.

Selo :
    half lockouts
    1 month unlocks
    AoC
    bonus xp

Miragul:
    Heroic start
    no aoc
    3/2 unlocks

This assume 2 things:
    1. They release a red tlp in classic
    2. They don't release a 2nd tlp concurrently (past 2 cycles have had 2 TLPs at once)

If thats the case, then yeah the tlp would likely be populated, but that would be despite being red, not because of it. People like their classic tlp. Period. If they released 2 at once like they have the last 2 years and 1 was red and 1 was green, the red one would be dead. Which is why they won't do it, because most of their player base has zero interest in woefully unbalanced eq pvp.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  5. Corydon Coles Elder

I agree with you there
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Corydon Coles Elder

I contest you on this...
    There has been NO - other PVP server other then ZEK

You don't have a ground to compare. I've stated the reason people don't play on ZEK. The biggest
    reason we agree on... People ONLY play TLP

(side note - Red and Green server /giggles : santug claugg is coming to town!)
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

No one is more die-hard than the 14 people who still play PVP on Everquest. Despite being overwhelmingly rejected again and again by the player base, those few still try to convince people from other servers to come join them. They still try to convince others that a PVP server would be a massive success.

Sorry, most of us know better and another PVP server isn't what the population wants.
  8. Lhus Journeyman

Pantheon
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

We already have had a big PvP TLP debate - and an event where the "PvP bois" showed up on Zek in an effort to show how many wanted a PvP TLP - it was an abysmal failure with about 40 players & more than half were probably boxed, there weren;t enough peopel to make even half a guild let alone multiple guilds, it would have failed harder than even Miragul - and that had only 1 guild that managed to run any raids the rest of the starter guilds didn't even manage 1 raid (it still has just 1 guild there).

An EQ PvP TLP is simply never going to happen, way too few players are interested in it to make it a remotely economically viable server, your best chance is if an EQ3 ever gets green lit to try and get that to feature some RvRvR content or scenarios or Public event systems with PvP in specific areas of the world, or an EQ -themed variant of "huttball" (from SWTOR).
  10. tofu stir fry Augur

just axe the pvp servers already and use the hardware for something that draws interest .....
    RizLova likes this.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Serious and correct answer.

Rolfron
  12. Lumiens Augur

I fully agree that the majority of current TLP player-base is not interested in a PvP TLP server. I was playing on Sullon Zek at the time that World of Warcraft was released, the majority of the people I knew there all moved over to WoW together (a bunch of us went to Stormreaver and reformed our guilds there). It may be a possibility that a decent crowd of people that used to play on Rallos Zek, Tallon Zek, Vallon Zek and Sullon Zek would come back for a Classic through PoP run.

I'd strongly prefer a Teams based PvP ruleset, they would just need to modify current TLP rules a bit force conflict and zone control like we used to have. You would likely need to remove pick zones, remove AoC's and possibly bring back corpse runs and slow down unlock speeds a bit if raid content will only be open world.
  13. chunk normous New Member

I think its pretty unfair that everyone is just like noooo not a pvp server.... when there is actually some good reasons to make one.

When the last 2 servers came out there was a box and a none box server imagen if both servers would of been none box but one was pvp and other was not? Aradune would of been way less toxic.

Its to soon to make another tlp server imo but I get that EQ needs money so if you are going to make another server make one that does not compete with the current ones.

Also there are some who argument ohhh look how dead Zek is. Zek is dead because its been out for 20 years other servers that were around when Zek was around are not around at all even. Zek would also be more filled if not for the dumb 4levels above and bellow aloud to pvp. I dont know where that came from but it was always a bad idea anyone should be able to attack anyone, I get it your scared of getting griefed believe me I understand but like its to hard to actually find someone to go fight is why its bad

also TLP servers brings something way different to a pvp world of everquest. with DZs everyone can still raid and get a chance at loot prior to tlp servers with DZ this was not a option so a pvp server would of been way more unfun because only the main guild that can get all the raid mobs could have anything.
  14. Lejaun Augur

That isn't true at all. There are plenty of other servers that have been around for 20 years, and they have a greater population despite there being far more options for them to play on.

Zek's dead because people don't want to play on it. It's been dead for years because of this.
  15. chunk normous New Member

maybe but its not dead because its not fun its dead because the worlds to freaking huge and there is the dumb can only attack 4 levels above or below so theres no one to fight. both these problems could easily be solves on a new tlp server
  16. Lejaun Augur

No, it's dead because EQ isn't the best designed game for PVP encounters. It's dead because people don't enjoy pvp as much as they do the other servers. Only being able to attack people within a level range was done because people were griefing other players far below them in levels.
  17. chunk normous New Member

Just because you don't find something fun does not mean others don't. There seems to be this thing though where everyone knocks down the idea of a pvp tlp server because they are scared the GMs will do that instead of making another clone of the servers they keep doing over and over without any changes. I'm ok with a GM not doing a pvp tlp server but I really hope they do something different for the next one.
  18. tofu stir fry Augur

the fact that no one plays on zek is perfect proof that no one finds pvp in eq fun, if people wanna pvp nowadays theres so many other options out there ... its waste of time money and resources to even fathom another pvp server when the ones that have come and gone and such all failed regardless ... today would be a waste of time for a new pvp tlp ... even after attempts of drumming up interest to show a need have failed there are still a few people left wanting to see this happen ... i hate wow with a passion i also hate fortnite but i cant argue the fact that they have an awesome pvp system .... something eq has failed at miserably time and time again ... its best to just let zek and pvp sunset and leave it at that ... stop flogging the dead horse
  19. Jbur New Member

If you do a search for the threads ' for a PvP TLP several people pointed out that the devs have told everyone that the way to get it considered is for all the fans to play on Zek and get those numbers up. No one would do it they just staged that one time stunt
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Zek's dead because it's main reason for it existing doesn't exist. The live game largely instanced and extremely spread out. EQ PvP servers are a world PvP game, this just doesn't work with a level cap of over 100, instances and 100s of zones. A world PvP game needs a much smaller world and content to fight over, that's something a TLP PvP server can provide that a live server never can.