What would be a good name for a new: TLP RED (PVP) ???

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corydon Coles, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Corydon Coles Elder

* I'd suggest EQ's greatest PVPer - Guild. Or better yet - A PVP tournament winner's name gets their name in history
    Good Points - TOP 9 What pvp everquest has done for you
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...9-what-pvp-everquest-has-done-for-you.240658/
    * I'd love to see something total NEW like Permadeath with item loot. You'd have to have fast exp this way
    * We've had 9 reboots - How about #10 being RED
    * Zek is dead needing new life
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. KrakenReality Augur

Snowflake.
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Never Going to Happen
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

6. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

7. Machen New Member

I think you just explained yourself why it will never happen.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Raytheon Augur

Equestrielle (because it's a Unicorn)
    Boze and Corydon Coles like this.
  9. Corydon Coles Elder

A) ZEK is dead because of the Merc/Defiant, and world is too big with too many level ranges of players
    B) Most of EQ was DEAD until the reboot servers
  10. Corydon Coles Elder

NOT a bad idea... Equestrielle the Corrupt... Will kill you. We've all gotten Ganked... One time or another by it in LFay

OR another suggestion
    As far as I can remember - Pandemonium was a PVP guild that rocked ZEK back around Serpent Spine expan... The name would also fit the PERMA-death rating of the server.

BUT... This would take some checking... The guild to take down, ZEK's Velious mob -The Sleeper. This would be a historic event to name a PVP TLP Server

RULE SET of PVP TLP Server ****
    * Perma-Death : You'd need a VERY fast exp
    * Item Loot
    * SERVER Lock at Velious = Small world (more pvp.) Only 1 other TLP server that is locked early on
    * Might wantA try something different with the pvp like: 3 TEAMS: Good / EVIL / Neutral. Get the whole racial war going
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"Dead on Arrival" would be both thematically appropriate and a good descriptor.
  12. Gremin Augur

Inconceivable
  13. No.2Guild New Member

Verina Tomb. They’re both perma dead on launch.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think Bobbybick has found the most apt use of the term "dead on arrival" I have seen on this forum.

He's right though.

EQ TLP PvP is not going to happen, there are very passionate people who want it but the reality is they number in the TENS not the hundreds even, and the "build it and they will come" idea is simply not realistic, it's a sad daydream that died a long time ago already, let it go.
  15. Xhartor Augur

Dunedigger
  16. Roxas MM Augur

EQnext ?

( i am sorry :) )
  17. Aegir Augur

<Fifteen Players in PoK>
    Ions, Skuz and Corydon Coles like this.
  18. Corydon Coles Elder

* YOU must be talking about server population on NON TLP
    * People play the NEW server... Regardless of the offering. Even when people say there done and not coming back...
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

Unless the idea is a bad idea and then they don't. Ex: Miragul. Sure SOME people played, but it was not the hustle and bustle of a new server, and a pvp server wouldn't be either. *shrug*
    Skuz and Corydon Coles like this.
  20. Nightmoon New Member

Call it 'Zed' cuz Zed's dead baby... Zed's dead.
    Nolrog likes this.