What permalocked expansion would you want?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jlad, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Actually this exists on an emulated EQ server called The Imperium. While the server is designed to allow solo-small grouping raiding, there is an option to go hardcore, which makes you wear a special guildtag <Hardcore>. If you die, it's almost as if the death was permanent, you are back at level 1 naked.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

This server was called Discord. P99 was going to release an equivalent, but DBG made them agree not to.
  3. nagash101 Augur

Okay so it looks like we all agree that Agnarr should stop at Omens of War. Lets get the petition started and submitted to Day Break Games.
  4. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I agree that you people need to seek professional help if you're actually worried about what's going to become of your cartoon avatar two years from now.
    Suriinya and Rhodz like this.
  5. snailish Augur

The Agnarr plan as-is seems like a good one, nice balance of "I'd rather stay in Luclin" vs. "LDoN at least give me some ability to customize gear" without making high end Luclin-PoP obsolete.

When the LDoN lock is 3+ months old... maybe that is the time to mirror* the server and let those that want to go to OoW do so. If the characters never get to transfer elsewhere what harm is a mirror? Even if they did... what harm is LDoN or OoW equipped characters going to do to a live server?

*mirroring a server has been done in other games as a way to split a population without forcing someone to be on server A or A2 because your character is copied over to the new server. So either stay on A and keep playing, or move onto A2. Usually used to alleviate massive crowding, it could work for a locked server "ladder"
  6. Coach_Kegadin Augur

Classic for maximum griefing!
  7. Astral64 Augur

Number one gunnar.
  8. nagash101 Augur

tbought about it and if they will not release the Berserker when Agnarr start they really need to consider stopping at GoD. GoD keeps the max level at 65 and has some very challenging raid content.
    Gates of Discord - expands upon the storyline introduced in Lost Dungeons of Norrath and added more LDoN content. Will that be added to the Agnarr TLP Server? GoD also had 18 new zones, 10 single-group instanced trials, 8 uninstanced exp zones, and 9 raid zones/instances. God also released the Berserker Class. GoD introduced the tribute system and Leadership Alternate Abilities (LAA).
  9. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

i wish they would do a start at 70 server and go to max but progression style
  10. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

That start at 51 server flamed out pretty fast. I think it's just a component of MMO psychology that people are a lot more attached to characters they've been working on since the egg hatched.
  11. Cart New Member

I would prefer not allowing characters to get beyond level 65, so I like Agnarr plans as they are. I wouldn't mind adding GoD (as I loved that expansion as a monk puller) to the mix but not in favor of OOW.
  12. nagash101 Augur

Yeah the level increase to 70 in OoW would trivialize all the other content. What about locking at OoW but leaving the level max at 65, that would make OoW content very very difficult to beat.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Especially since RSS requires level 69 to zone in.
  14. nagash101 Augur

they can lower that to 65, they have the code.
  15. nagash101 Augur

Machentoo? Did you get your first account banned?
  16. Machentoo Augur

They can, and they'd have to lower the gear level on half the gear in the expansion. Among other things. It would be a lot of work, and would impact live (albeit in fairly trivial ways, I doubt anyone on live would care too much if anguish gear becomes req 65.)
  17. nagash101 Augur

I am liking this idea. Keep the max level at 65 lock at OoW. This way we get the Epic 2.0 and the Berserker + an expansion that will be hard as hell.
    Machentoo likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Like it all you want, there is little chance they would do something like this. The challenge would be a problem for them, if they won't even give us Gates of Discord as is without a huge outcry from the player base. And, as I said, it would probably be more work than they'd want to tackle.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Frankly I would be well pleased with any start that went beyond Classic all the way to a PoP launch.
    SoV is cool just wouldn't want to live there permanently, have a source for that already.
  20. nagash101 Augur

Yes you are probably right. I would just like it to stop at GoD so i could make a Berserker on the Lock Server. Stopping at GoD isn't much different then stopping at LDoN.