What makes your class Awesome?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

Same with melody and bards brother
  2. Beezelbub Elder

Glacial do you box this group because I was thinking of making this config.
  3. Beezelbub Elder

Well I'm tired of this scared mentality...this isn't fight club so lets talk and let the chips lie where they must.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Some classes can pull well. Some can DPS. Some can tank, and some can protect the group. Some buff, and some debuff. Some control aggro.

A rockstar Enchanter can do all that, and more, at the same time!

Oh, that item would give 200 more hitpoints? Pfft! You take it, I'm not gear-dependent aside from foci. Non-raiding Enchanters are running around with well over 300,000 (not a typo) hitpoints of runes PLUS 165,000 more insta-cast!
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  5. Casidia Augur

300k hit points of runes, Silverclaw? ;)
    Naah it's not that much, at least not for me lol. Unless you run with Mind over Matter too, hmm.
    It's more all the stuff that makes mobs bump off ya when landing a hit...Ward, Color Shock, you are pretty much not touchable by mobs who are not stun/mez immune.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I wasn't counting Mind over Matter in my calculations. Perhaps I should have? It's not consistently available, but I guess if you want to count it, that'd make it around 400,000.
  7. Casidia Augur

I'd be more interested in your list of Runes that give you a 300k hp buffer combined.
  8. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It's nothing rare or unusual, just add up the spells and AAs. Back when I worked it out, I think I only included one common clicky item and that was less than 6k of the total.
  9. Demandred Elder

I had no idea that chanters had a exp bonus aura....I sense another free account being made!

And my bard was made 10 years ago for one reason...they run the fastest, and it still holds true!
  10. Silv Augur

I can kindof see how you get that number (300k PLUS 165k more?) but you really sensationalized and make it sound very misleading; ER is 100k, VoM (which is NOT a rune) is 65k, Poly is 34k, Mastermind is 30k, and Runic aura is 18k (at 50% mitigation so again, misleading). If you count reactive rune, then add 50k and sure, you get to 300. If you're also assuming ER and VoM have refreshed then yes, 165k there. Based on that rationale, you might as well bump the number to 300k plus 205k since you could just assume Reactive rune has refreshed.

I'm guessing that is how he comes up with those numbers Cas.

ps. Enchanters are still awesome :p
  11. Brogett Augur

It's still an impressive amount, although given the amount of agro enchanters can get while chain mezzing or stunning lots of mobs I can also see how they need it!

For melee, wild rampage is just too high on most encounters. On some events it basically makes then range only. I did some maths a while back and worked out my optimal dps on the so-called range dps fights is to trigger best disc combo, rush in, and hope I can get 10sec of dps off before I wipe. That'll be more overall damge done than standing at range and throwing for 5min. lol
  12. Casidia Augur

Eldritch and Mastermind do not stack, and it made me wonder ;)
    So most of that would realistically come from ER only, after that it's either rather small amounts or clicks with cool down..thou ER itself has ~6 mins too.
    Still awesome how much you *can* do when under fire, no doubt.
    I'd say our ability to passively stun and mez mobs is way more powerful thou (i wouldn't trade Poly for ER i.e. if i had to decide, lucky it's mastermind which doesn't stack), in the group game (and sometimes on raids, if mobs are not immune which often they are).
  13. Syreno New Member

I love my Rogue, but it's a very under appreciated class and probably rightfully so. But a high AA Rogue played right can pull, can molo efficiently for AA's in lower zones thanks to assassinate / counterattack, do momentary crowd control until the "proper" class can permanently establish, can drop agro during a fight if they get carried away and take it, have the ability to move around at will (for the most part), is good burst DPS (was once among the top DPS sustained and burst), can make and use poisons that no other classes can use, and the majority of the Rogue community is a great group of peeps.

Downside as of late is a big drop in DPS, not much for defense should the tank fall, are often confused for Ranja's and asked for buffs, and illusions are no longer a Rogue/Bard/Enchanter only bonus.