What makes your class Awesome?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

Ill start with my main..bard
    Everyone loves a bard except other bards. Love pulling with him and swarm reverse charming is awesome

Also like my paladin...sexy crits even at 87 pulling 30k plus on undead. Up until recently moloed with a dps merc because he was fine self healing. And lay on hands and is a great oh sh** button.

Would lovw to hear others joys of their class.
  2. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Other classes doing things for me makes my class awesome.
    Fury likes this.
  3. Beezelbub Elder

Um okay. Way to contribute.
  4. gcubed Augur

All the nerf calls. Without them nobody would know how awesome my class truly is.
  5. Fansy Augur

Prior to 2011 the fact I was melee and the majority of stuff was burst.

Post 2012 the fact I play a caster and the majority of stuff is now sustained or scripted.
  6. wingz-83 Augur

Paladin -
    Healing- check. (splash, burst, sorrow, heal aura, first spire on other groups) LoH / HoP too!
    DPS - check ( Purefroge, Valorous rage, rightous disc that all stack, great knight weap dps, undead dps)
    Tanking - discs/abilities in spades (several discs to be used in a row, even group armor of the inquisitor now, we an augment other tanks with ac/healing bonus beyond our aura!)
    Utility - (Splash, healing) Purification AA rocks!
    This post is a BB dream I know.
    Viltaire and Elricvonclief like this.
  7. Beezelbub Elder

How do Sks compare to pallies...in survival, dps, and ease of leveling.
  8. wingz-83 Augur

Swarm well, good dps when they go all out, MC can keep em alive for awhile. Dunno beyond that.
    As with any class, knowing how to play the class vs not knowing how to play the class is a HUGE difference. I have been grouping with rangers that say "what's pred?" when I ask for it.
  9. fransisco Augur

Mage - that my pet can tell anything to get in its belly!

Ranger - cause Tunare just made me that awesome
  10. Phrett Augur

my epic looks cool?
  11. pk76 Augur

be carefull on the nerfs bat , the devs will check this thread also,...........
  12. MrGPAC Augur

I play 3 classes...each of which are awesome in their own way.

SK - I am obsessed with lifetaps. One spell...one cast...one ability...2 functions. Your pain sustains me is the way of a shadow knight...and as such, every time I enhance my sk's offense, I enhance his defense simultaneously. The more pain I cause you, the more sustenance I have. I make my lifetaps hit harder? I get more health. I make my heals hit for larger amounts? I get more health. I do both? I just turned a 10k lifetap into a 40k+ heal. Further...I am the king of hate. If I want your ire I merely need to request it...and if I want the ire of you and all your friends...I can do it at a moments notice. Or...if I want you to forget about me...I can do that too. I am the king of agro control/management.

Bard - I am the king of utility...and I can use every last utility I got to do pulls others wouldn't dare think of let alone try. I can do just about anything in a pinch if its required...I can slow CC tank (as a last resort) and do a large variety of things to make my group/raid survive and thrive. I can enhance my groups abilities...I can enhance the 3 core metrics required for raids: Tanking, healing, DPS. The group/raid is better with me in it than without.

Cleric - I am the essence of healing, and the essence of life. Whether you live or die is nothing more than the result of my whim...and my skill. Even in death I may not let you rest, for I can resurrect you...without leaving a !%##$$# corpse to clutter the world (what I wouldn't give for a /hidecorpse called command). No raid is complete without me and my ability to summon the powers of the gods themselves to protect the raid...and my ability to defy them as I use my powers of divinity to defy even the laws of life and death to further aid my cause.

~MrGPAC
    Obiziana likes this.
  13. Illusionist_Innania Augur

Enchanter:

The ability to turn a deadly train into a mezzed and debuffed group of mobs ready to be killed out the group's leasure. The ability to take a mob from the zone and use it as burst DPS via charm. The ability to help even paper tanks withstand attacks via stun. Buffs and abilities that help boost the DPS of other group members. The many tools I have that allow me to pull with ease.

And of course illusions! :p
    Narye likes this.
  14. Tenlaienye New Member

Ranger:

The ability to do just about anything.

Pull-Check, DPS-check, Heal-check, Tank-Check.

The advantages of maintaining a single main for 11 years straight, yes it has its ups and downs and around again. But at the end of the day I love the utility that is provided to me.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Warrior:

1. Defensive/Stonewall/FinalStand (given to Knights)
  16. Lazy automation Elder

What makes sks awesome is everything but swarming. Swarming brought the swarmtards, who are an embarrassment.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  17. Diptera Augur

And don't forget the joy of watching the hp bars of your groupmates plummet as they eat a mob's AE, whilst you sit there in your barricade of Runes, giggling to yourself... :)
  18. Nenton Augur

Good intentions like "Crippling Incapacity is the greatest necro tool ever. Makes necros so OP. Please don't nerf/remove it and give them something they'll actually use."
  19. Brogett Augur

Rogue: the awesome bit these days is largely the roleplay aspect. I love being sneaky and having the ability to explore around. (Rest of our classic awesomeness is just "awesome-in-waiting".... our time will come again!)
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizard - big bangs!
  21. Diptera Augur

"If I want agro, I nuke; if I don't want agro, I *pretend* to nuke" , iirc, Yin? :)