What Makes a Scorpiki - sick joke

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vaeeldar, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Vaeeldar Augur

Ok this is why I feel like I'm missing something - I've seen mention of sprouting once or twice but I have nothing like that popping. It pops with burgeoning which I ignore. I've looked for like mini adds starting to pop because thats what it sounds like but i flat out don't see them. Is there something else i should be damaging?
  2. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

the sprouting pops with the burgeoning. it looksl ike the trigger piece you get to start the event. if you kill it before it grows you dont' get the add(s) it would spawn. this IS what you're missing =).
  3. svann Augur

Sprouting doesnt show on extended target. You gotta make a hotkey /tar a_sprouting
  4. Vaeeldar Augur

Lol I'll have to pop back on after dinner and try it. Honestly i couldn't figure out how this is the first DPS mission in history I couldn't do and I haven't seen that many complaints. I was getting the catci down to about 30% with straight burns before i died ( on a bad run maybe 50% ). It sounds like this will solve a lot of my issues.

Thank you.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

Well. I'm still not able to get down below 30%. Guess I need a wizzy. I run decent dps at 20k+ aa on all chars but this mission just is not working on the mage/shaman/necro/sk/bard setup. The dual mobs non stop + huge dps + no melee due to the spell requirement is just making for an insane setup.

It's interesting I've never not finished progression in every expansion. This might be a first for me.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Or you could drop a couple boxes and invite some people into the group. Because in all honesty, no one can effectively and efficiently play 5 characters at once. And this is a mission that kinda sorta needs all six players being effective and efficient...
  7. Vaeeldar Augur

Honestly I'll probably just alternate my box group after i levle up the 3 wizzy group. The issue is really the necro and to an extent the mage suck for burst dps. Wizzy so superiod not even funny. I suspect i could drop one of those chars replace with a real wizzy and run through it.

I get the box piece but the reality is I've done every mission in existence boxing including some of the DODH ones that really ahd the population in a fit. There isn't anything in this one that is harder than some of the others ive done. it's just asking for a crazy amount of burst and the necro/mage don't have it. Throw a wizzy in coupled with my bard - game over. I can consistently get to 20% but thats about it
  8. jeskola pheerie

"What Makes a Scorpiki?"
    They eat Monopoly and out Connect Four?
  9. Gundolin Augur

Kind of like that about the mission, five good players can carry a sixth, but that's about it. :)
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

A guy comes into a store, and asks for Scorpiki Crackers.
    The clerk says: “I’m sorry, we are out of Scorpiki Crackers, maybe you would like to try our Scopiki Rings instead?
    The guy asks: “hmm I don’t know, what makes a Scorpiki Ring?”
    The clerk replies: “only the most exquisite fried Scorpiki sphincters, lightly spiced with cinnamon and curry, marinated in lime. Would you like a taste?”
    The guy tries one. “Oh man, they taste like !”
    The clerk, smiling: “Yeah, I know. sick joke, right?”