What Makes a Scorpiki - sick joke

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vaeeldar, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Vaeeldar Augur

Either this quest is utterly broken or whoever made this is just plain sick. Honestly from a pure design stand point this has to be the worst progression quest i've ever run into. So the first hail took 30 minutes of running around. I'm not on the manus section with another 60 minutes in and not one update. I've hit every scorpion in the pit, the temples, everywhere.

This isn't challenging - in the entire time I've just run around with selos from my bard with no aggro. It's just plain sad.

Can anybody confirm this quest is still working? After close to 2 hours im just done maybe I'll pick it back up tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just skip VP this expansion. Literally seeing red at the moment.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. menown Augur

Did you get the old iksar illusion from the city first? You have to say 'restore' to an indagator material salus to get the illusion.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

The quest works fine
  4. Riou EQResource

It was like that in Beta too, it is easily the worst quest in RoS
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Worked fine for me.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Works fine unless there is a group killing scorpics and they kill the one you need....
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The quest works, although it's a lot of running around searching and hailing, as you say.
    It sounds as if you have issues finding the right scorpion to hail.
    That might be perhaps because at least one other is doing the task at the same time.
    It seems that the "correct" scorpion resets, as i have had an update from a scorpion i 100% HAD hailed before without any luck.
    Another time, i've also had that hail update not in the pit itself, but in one of the tunnels.
    Basically, EVERY scorpion (but the monstrous one i hope, i never tried that one at least) seems to be a possible step-updater.
    Of course, your other group members can help you too, if they get the illusion too - that might cut down on the time some.
    And as was said above, if someone kills the sorcerous, you're screwed anyways.
    Yes, bad design - typical open-zones issues included.
    Kacman likes this.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

The zone was completely empty. To be honest the only theory I have is that it could be a glitch and reset the quest. I'm of course loathe to do that because the first hail took 30 minutes. Honestly I miss the old instanced group progressions those were well made. EoK ( which I wrapped up in a week) and RoS have mostly been bad (ROS has been better till this one).
  9. Vaeeldar Augur

Ok it's definitely glitchy as can be. Logged in today and went through the small temple again for Manus and this time it updates. There are only a total of 6 spawns in that small temple with a 7th that paths in and out. I did not miss it last night.

This quest seriously needs to be looked at.
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

lol you're on the 3rd task for the first zone in RoS and it's 2 months in... I realize this doesn't mean you haven't done other stuff, but this line made me chuckle for real.
  11. Pistols4Pandas Elder

Did this 2 months ago and had the same experience, have heard the same from others, too

I followed the eqresource maps for the hails and everything but it still took 20 minutes and over 100 hails at multiple steps.

People could be forgiven for thinking it's broken, it works, just not well, takes a ton of hails.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Someone said just spam hail 1 scorpiki in the NE temple. IDK if it works but worth a try.
  13. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Hail-spam works yes.
  14. Vaeeldar Augur

Lol you apparently skipped the part where I said I finished EoK inside of week progression wise this past week. I've been back in hame for 7 days now - 110 on my box team and just finished the skyfire progession task.

So no, I move through this content faster than most. EoK the amount of solo junk progression missions was insane. ROS at least is group but the scorpiko one is definitely glitchy.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I played around with this task for a bit a month ago and then just quit. I'm not up for running around and hailing mobs waiting for an update. I'll get back to eventually.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying when you said that ROS had been better until now... in any case ring of scale progression is pretty easy all things told. similar to other recent expansions, there's intentional time sinks built in... and they are bleh. but the real suck part is the group missions and the medallions for VP access.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

Yeah none of the missions were particulalry hard - made it through the partisians - I was just incredibly annoyed with the obviously glitchy issues on the scorpiko one.

Now I'm on fell foliage and finding it challenging to say thel east. Good news is it's easy to reset but I can't seem to see how a non raid group would burn this mission. I can't get it below 50% before the add spawns. And at that point it's a wart of attrition. Not sure how I'm going to make it past this one.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Fell Foliage is being nerfed with the upcoming patch. More adds will have to be up to lock the bosses HP, and the shadow step is being removed. They're also nerfing how many adds it takes to spawn the atrocious mob. There might be other changes to it as well, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.
  19. Vaeeldar Augur

I'm actually on test at the moment so that version is the one I'm fighting. Frankly I've never had an issue with DPS on the previous progression missions but this one is a big struggle for me at the moment.

I'm going to have to give some thought to it but may not bring a few wizzy friends and cycle it over next week. For that mission though you think mage/necro/bard/shaman (dotting) would be enough DPS but it's not even close. And I'm tanking just fine into the 2nd add. it's the 3rd and 4th that suck.

It's surprising though because I've had no issue with the named everybody avoids (majestic cockatirece for example).
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

for fell, it seems like the best strategy is to kill the sprouting and burn burn burn. it's not very bot friendly truth be told. it's a definite DPS check.