What Lurks Beneath The Darkened Sea?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Assist Firiona Vie, stop Lanys T`Vyl, and restore balance to Norrath!

[IMG]

Firiona Vie has been travelling the world on a mission from the goddess Tunare to bring the realm back into balance. Her latest efforts have brought her to the Buried Sea, seeking to heal the ruler of the Combine Empire, Tsaph Katta.

Now it’s time for you to travel to the domed city of Katta Castrum and find Firiona! After Firiona came here with her allies to heal Tsaph, the city was attacked by Lanys T`Vyl and a corrupt splinter faction of the Combine. In the chaos, Tsaph was kidnapped. Now it’s up to Norrath’s heroes to find and rescue Tsaph, foil the nefarious plans Lanys has, and acquire amazing loot along the way!

The Darkened Sea is the 21st expansion for EverQuest. This expansion becomes available to purchase and play on November 11, 2014. All-Access members will be able to purchase and play The Darkened Sea two weeks early, starting on October 28, 2014!

This expansion includes:
    • Level Increase to 105!
    • Eight zones: Two re-imaged zones, and six completely new zones!
    • Mount Key Ring: Free up inventory space and have all of your mounts in one location!
    • New Spells, AAs, and Items!
    • And more…
    If you haven’t seen the announcement video for The Darkened Sea during SOE Live, check it out here.
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Which two zones are re-imagined if you know or are allowed to say. Thanks. Looking forward to a new expansion.
  3. Sancus Augur

Thought it was the 28th of October?
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

I don't know how to read a calender. Fixed!
  5. SpamFactory Augur

buried sea and katta castrum
    Tarvas likes this.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Thank you.
  7. Meneltel_Tormtor New Member

But what if we want to HELP Lanys? I hate Her so much, as is proper, that I would follow Her into the Plane of Hate to kill Father Innoruuk, who hates me already anyways.
    Cazmac likes this.
  8. Fendy Augur

Does this explain why SOE thinks the current hotzones have only been active for 6 months?
  9. Fendy Augur

Um, Buried Sea is an expansion, not a zone. Katta Castrum IS a zone and I hope it's re-imagined to be a lot easier to travel thru.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not only was the Buried Sea a zone, I would hazard a guess it was the most used of the expansion due to the Jonas Dagmire hand augment questline. If not the most used, then certainly one of the top 3.
    Preshus and Cazmac like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any news on beta sign ups?

/tap foot
    wolfcaller and Sancus like this.
  12. Iila Augur

Soon™
    Potawatomi likes this.
  13. Zahrym Augur

Beta is technically already up...you just can't access the server. You can ping the beta server just fine though, so it's not down...it's just locked and they're doing dev stuff i'm sure.
  14. Fendy Augur

I stand corrected. It wasn't an expansion I did much in and I somehow missed the name in the zone listing. The Barren Coast may be the only zone I visited, primarily to visit Merchant Woad for tradeskill supplies.
  15. Fendy Augur

Beta may technically be always up, for devs to test content being designed, but the question was regarding beta sign ups. Meaning when will us lowly players be allowed access to the beta server again so we can get our own chance to play with the new content. The technical answer to that question is best left to the dev's to answer.
  16. Zahrym Augur

17. JuliusFV New Member

So is it 8 zones for the entire expansion progression, or will they eventually release more. It was unclear on the intent when they said more may be added as monthly/quarterly patches, while others said non-progression zones.

If it's just 8 zones those zones better be awesome and have a ton of content. Because a good amount of players will blow through only 8 zones in 1-3months leaving absolutely nothing to do. Worse thing possible is another CotF style expansion that causes even more people to leave due to feeling absolutely screwed on the purchase price.
    EQjunkie and Cazmac like this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It was pretty clear. There are 8 and only 8 zones for this expansion. Other zones may be coming out that have nothing to do with the expansion like PoW. As always they reserve the right to change their minds.
  19. Zarzac Augur

I'd rather help Lanys T`Vyl take over the world, but still looking forward to the expansion.

As Teir'Dal I must point out your repeated failure to capitalize Lanys's proper name following her provincial designate is disrespectful, but I can overlook the typical Ogre ignorance.
    Cazmac likes this.
  20. Bidaum_TR Lorekeeper

I concur with Zarzac on this one. Although her motives may not be so grandiose as the world domination schtick; she may just really want to finally KILL her rival, Firiona Vie.

For shame, Roshen! What kind of Ogre are you? Some of us desire a guild of calamitous intent! TM But seriously, why the obvious linearity of goals other than to simplify the overall questing process? (uhm, I guess I just answered my own question, sorry.) Yet, why must Good always be THE right answer and not Evil? Why can't "balance" be restored if we sided with Evil, and perhaps just destroy the Katta dome and finally flush that Prexus-forsaken snake den down the proverbial cosmic toilet? We could all have punch and pie and cheer Lanys on as she skewered the EQ poster child Firiona once and for all!
    But wait, that's Tunare's child, or at least the one she chose to do her work for her. And we all know Tunare's way is THE way to go, because she's Good and Good is always right ..... yeah, riiiight.
    Oh where, oh where is Loremaster Beimeith with the smackdown on these "Good" Gods?

Anyway, sorry for all the cliche's. I'm looking forward to the next expansion!