What is this garbage? Suspensions for AOE deep lvling?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TubJumper, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Yemeth New Member

Personally as an Agnarr resident I have no problem with this and I think that I even ran into you guys in the Deep just a couple of days ago with my enchanter looking for the Lucid Shard and at that time, it was only your group there and me - your cleareance saved me several hours of grinding for it and for that I am grateful, kinda wish though that the massive train killed me, so I could be invited. =)

There are some other people setting up shop in PoI that does the same, now PoI contrary to the Deep is a much more populated zone as it gives better xp and that kinda sucks when you wanna go there and the entire zone is empty for hours at end.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

What you just described does not sound like a ban-able offense, it sounds like EQ. And I'm not condoning acting like a jerk. I'm just stating that it happens all the time, particularly on TLP servers, and I've never heard of anybody being banned for it.

EDIT: It is the way the game is coded. If you don't want to dance, get out of the mosh pit.
  3. Arrk Augur

They were suspended... not banned.
    Training is a suspendable offense... as is disrupting a zone.
    and if you really want to get technical, pulling massive pulls to the zone line to exploit game mechanics hinges on the realm of bannable...
  4. Ryak Augur

Please, do elaborate further!...
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I would love to see any evidence, other than hearsay, that people were banned for reasons other than AFK playing or the Great Cactikii Ban (which apparently highlighted a developer oversight and embarrassed DBG).

The EULA/ToS gives DBG the power to ban anybody for anything. I'm not interested in how players interpret the rules, I'm only interested in DBG's actions.
  6. Machentoo Augur

LOL. What game mechanics are they exploiting? Seems to me that ae pulls are using the game mechanics exactly as intended. pbae's are the only spell type that has no limit on the # of targets affected. So by design, they are aimed at killing large #'s of mobs.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  7. Ilshade Augur

Mr OP.

Why dont you stay out of dungeons period, or goto one no one uses problem solved.
    If you are in unrest, which is where we see these types of AE groups all the time, it is disruptive and actually effects peoples play/playtime. There is no camp rules correct, but if you make it so no one can play the zone then that is disruptive and borderline harassment no matter the reasoning you put behind it.

If you park in the handy cap spot do you not get a ticket if you are not handy capped, but officer no one parked there so its a free spot. Besides that you parked across three spots. But office no one was using them at the time. Oh there is someone that want to use it now, well to bad.. ya that doesn't fly well....
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

You could apply your solution to yourself and we'd get the same great results. :D

That is the worst analogy ever. EQ has no parking spots (according to the DBG's "rules), and EQ has no police.

I want to repeat my solution: Private /picks. Let everybody play the way they want to. DBG insists on forcing you to fight with each other, and then watches while you turn on each other. Please focus your rage on the ONLY party that can enact change: DBG.
    discordkitty likes this.
  9. Arrk Augur

The normal deep AE pulling tactics are not in question here... because EQ community has accepted the fact that the deep is an AE pull zone and people don't camp in the paths...

Unrest, Guk, other zones are frequented by people xping in a non-ae fashion... when an AE group enters these zones and chases people out by training and killing people.... it is unacceptable and is suspendable.

In these zones... the AE'ers in question use a ZL to zone high level characters out letting low level character collect all exp... this is not what your post is referring too
  10. doah Augur

I remember back in 2006ish wizards got a beam spell and found they could pull almost all of icefall and cast that one spell ~3-4 times and kill about 60+ mobs at once. GM's started giving suspensions for zone disruption then I think they nerfed that spell line. Same concept for bards swarm kiting. Would cause such bad lag in zones anyone using it would crash. Also, if I am not mistaken at times it would put intense loads on the servers sometimes causing zones/server crashes.
  11. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well if theyre going to say you cant pbae then nerf the nukes or make a statement. But as it stands, if i got suspended for throwing down pbae nukes in the deep i would feel injustice was served.

Unlike 99% of every other zone in eq, people go to the deep for ae. Theres no comparison to unrest, which is laughable.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I agree 100%. Inconsistent enforcement is worse than no enforcement at all.
  13. Machentoo Augur

They nerfed the beam line, yes, but I don't think anyone got suspended for zone disruption. Tons of people were doing it. There were a few months where you couldn't zone into Shard's Landing on any server without lagging out from beam pulls.
  14. doah Augur

I was on stromm we had some get 3 day suspensions if a GM was in zone, while they were doing it.
    Stune likes this.
  15. Ronzark Augur

Stuff like this makes me pissed they've disabled my like button.

Great post. I'd support group /picks 100%. Would end so many problems.
  16. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

they already had private picks at one point, when picks would lock but not kick people out, and they said they didnt want people having a private instance to farm, and since you needed 10 to prevent the lock that suggested they definitely didnt want one group having a pick to themselves and removed it.

in fact they added the whole pick closing mechanic because people were keeping picks open with 1 character, which according to them was causing servers to crash by having too many picks. so adding private picks for one group seems to be the same issue.
  17. Machentoo Augur

It would have to be something different than picks. Too many picks causes the server to crash. However, there are an unlimited number of 1 group instances in the later game (ldon onwards) and that doesn't cause issues. So if instead of one group picks, they made one group task instances, maybe it would work. Maybe not though--there is no respawn in most instances, and maybe it is the respawn timer tracking that causes server problems.

Either way, doubt they would ever do it.
  18. Kahna Augur

Those later zones were designed to be short term zones pulled up by a multitude of people, and optimized so that it would not be a problem. Sol B was not. The devs have also stated, and I agree with them, that solo group instances are not a direction they want to go in. Early EQ has always been about open world zones, warts and all. Picks and raid instances have done much to alleviate the toxic aspects of open world content, but EQ wouldn’t be EQ if there wasn’t player interaction, yes even negative player interaction.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Solb worked just fine with hundreds of instances of it every day on every server during the Old Man McKenzie frenzy. It is doable even for zones like Solb.
  20. Stune Augur

Nothing wrong with AE fights it is in question the pulling and fighting locations, and picking picks to do it all over again.