What happens to the Felwhite epic plaques on server merge?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This script was completed years ago.

I am not sure why the fix is being politicized.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Someone doesn't like the fact that players from a newer server get to have their name on the plaque but they don't since they didn't get it first on their server?
  3. FawnTemplar Augur

This is such a strange take because it is not how achievements (like ones that get you name on a plaque) work in reality. Lets imagine you and I both won the Nobel Prize - in the same field but I won it 7 years after you. Me being acknowledged for having a Noble would not some how diminish you're having a Nobel as well. If we both won gold medals - you being acknowledged as a gold metal winner doesn't turn my gold metal into a silver. I think you said in a different post that the Povar players deserve the acknowledgement more. I really don't understand how this could possibly be the case when it is the same achievement - how could one person be more deserving of a reward than another person doing the exact same thing? This whole position is strange.

On a personal note, thank you for finding a way to preserve all the names. The druid who won it on BB was a good friend of mine and he has since passed away and I always liked that he had his name on a plaque in game. (Not that BB is getting merged to my knowledge but you know, just in case in the future)
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Szilent Augur

E.Marr's cle plaque has the name of my friend Settun on it, he's also since passed.
    Skuz and FawnTemplar like this.
  5. Ruok New Member

Hi niente

Thanks for your work on this. Will the script you wrote be applied to all future server merges? For instance, the Coirnav/Vox merge today?
  6. sk8jack Journeyman

The Epic Retelling plaques from Coirnav have been transferred to Vox, so I would guess future server merges would follow suit.
    Skuz and Nennius like this.