What do you want from the next TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kritique, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ShivanAngel Augur

please god no, I enjoy being able to weed the out of my group... You act like a fuckhead gluck finding a group
  2. urbanbo70 Elder

Don't use the option then.
  3. Randomgamer Journeyman

How about before launching the next TLP server daybreak asks us what we want instead of guessing.They could make a survey from things the community has said they would like and the things with the most votes becomes the new tlp.
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

They actually did this, and the MAyong Mistmoore server was born. The server lasted about 6 months before its population was complete garbage.

Then they did it again with the IIRC trackanon server... same thing happened.
    It could be worth a try, but I still think you would get a server that caters to the largest of the minorities.

Not to mention some of the most vocal things people want would NEVER happen... The two biggest being no krono and no boxing.

Personally I would love to see..
    Put voting back in
    Start at kunark - there is just so little to do in classic EQ, plus opens the game up.
    Remove pickzones and instanced raiding
    Allow all race class combinations from the start.
    allow 3 instances of EQ to run per machine. People that box armies still do on truebox make it easier for others to run their little 2-3 box teams.

Oh yah, and dont do any of these things until the current TLP's are finished, or put in a vote on all the TLP's asking if they want to new TLP released
  5. Kahna Augur

They did this for Ragefire.
  6. Mashef Augur

True TWO box server (2 instances of EQ per machine)
    Agents of Change
    Exp in line with Agnarr/Ragefire
    All MOTM mob loot is no-trade.
    MOTM falls off 2 expansions after (so classic content has no MOTM in Velious)
    Lower #'s required to spawn picks since picks close now
    Classic/Kunark released together on a 4 month timer instead of 3 each
    All applicable class/race combos are open on launch including BER/BST
    Velious/Luclin/PoP/GoD 3 months each
    LDON gets a 2 month timer before Gates opens
    LOY opens with PoP
    Sleepers Tomb has an option for pre or post awakening on DZ since all raid loot is no trade
    This could also apply to zones that get revamps (VP, PoHate)
    Server locks at GoD or OoW

Anything less and Agnarr is the end of the line. GoD/OoW aren't so fun that you need to go through some fading server like Coirnav for two expansions.
  7. Sinzz-Wickedley Lorekeeper

no truebox
    85 lvl heroic that you have to purchase to play on server
    paid live server
    full expansion unlocks
    they need a paid live server even if started at 1 to see how well it would do without all the free to play crowd
  8. Lckylad New Member

I don't want to see Krono farmers getting rewards over paying accounts. but thats me..
  9. Krezzy Augur

One of the great things about playing on Agnarr has been the ability to use content (quests) that is simply not around on live servers anymore. Continuing to fix and restore this content would keep me interested in TLPs.

One potential would be to implement quests for the wizard's highway. This makes no impact beyond PoP release, but would be great fun in the original setting. It may even be a draw for Coirnav if implemented soon.
  10. A_New_Cleric Journeyman

This is a very interesting question. I think there are many different 'camps' so to speak on what people like, and in all honesty there will always be one person never satisfied.

But for me, I would like ...

- FV ruleset
    - No Kronos
    - Truebox ?? This one I'm on the fence with. Though I would love it to be 2001 (when I started playing EQ) where people were really focused on grouping, it won't happen. So I'd love a server where on IP per household is enforced, but that isn't gonna work, as there are some people who play with friends and family.
    - Original expansion time frame release
    - Experience at a good level. Not too fast, not too slow. Something where people can level quick enough in the beginning levels so they are ready to get in groups in dungeons. That beginning slog is what kills people I think.
    - Allow all race and class combinations when they are available. Of course, I'm used to EQ2 where you can be anything no matter your race.
    - Instances for raiding and dungeons. Yeah, I'm that type of person who would love a way to enter a dungeon, have fun with friends clearing it, and get the loot. Now of course, this would mean mobs wouldn't respawn so the dungeon would be kinda linear, but might be interesting.
  11. Ottopaul Journeyman

Ok, so there have been a number of expansions that included a brand new full leveling path, letting you go from 1 all the way to the current expansions cap: Kunark, Luclin, Serpents... am i forgetting any? This is something i always appreciated about EQ, especially compared WoW and all post WoW MMO's, where the expansions are almost always just 3-6 new zones that cover the 10 new levels tacked on to the top of the game.

So i would like to have TLP's that start at each one of these expansions... It'd be fun to see everyone starting naked and fresh with kunark unlocked, and see how people progress, instead going into kunark with a 3+ month old economy, available twink gear, and top level players available for assistance. If everyone was level 1, and no gear or plat existed yet on the server, how would people progress? would non iksars try to get to FoB, without higher level druids to TP/SoW/Invis them? It'd also be fun to watch the early gearing progression, with all low/mid level kunark zones available.

Then same thing for Luclin.

And probably the most interesting would be Serpents, specifically because a fresh server has never started with this unlocked. I do believe i remember that a few new servers opened with Kunark, probably not with Luclin, but DEFINITELY not with Serpents Spine... and sooo much of the game has changed by the time serpents spine came around, it'd be interesting to see how a fresh naked server gets on it's feet with serpents spine as a starting point.
  12. papercutST New Member

Absolutely. If devs cant afford flashy graphics, that is ok too. It is all about the gameplay, new class mechanics and more expansion of EQ mythology. I dont care if it looks like EQ1 just as long as it plays like it.
  13. Lankie Augur

• No Box ( requires GMs to enforce, and player reporting etc)
    • Start at Kunark
    • Full instances raiding and pickzones, same as Phinny
    Now for an idea I think could be interesting.
    • Mercenaries, but weaker than current ones. They would help you solo or while forming a group, but their healing, tanking and DPS would be very weak. They would also steal a good percentage of your XP. Increase money cost too. Tweak variables to make them only worthwhile when desperate.
    Useful to assist players to keep them from trying to break the rules and box.
  14. Randomgamer Journeyman

I would like to see classic thru velious then the Devs take a different expansion path. In that sense it would turn into a different game. Like an alternate universe thing. Someone mentioned this before and I think it is a great idea but DBG prolly doesn't have the resources for it :(
  15. MaxTheLion Augur

Or people could actually play all the expansions they never did. In that sense it would be like playing a new game. Many (not all) have not played a good chunk of the expansions released but then say all newer expansions suck. It's like going into an ice cream shop and saying you only like vanilla even though you've never tried any of the other flavors.
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

Lol not sure why skill has anything to do with what I said. I said a no box server would be interesting. I currently do box because there is really no reason not to. Boxing tank/healer means I can almost always start a group within minutes of logging on.

Also boxing takes very little "skill", its all muscle memory from repitition, especially on servers that let you run multiple instances of EQ on one machine.
  17. Lankie Augur

I think a no box server would be the most popular by a long way.
  18. ShivanAngel Augur

The only issue I see with a no box server is some people would figure out a way to circumvent whatever they do to prevent boxing... I would definately play on it, even though I normally box

And we all know DBG is just fantastic at enforcing the rules on their game.
  19. FluttyMan Elder

-NO TRADABLE KRONO