What do you want from the next TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kritique, Mar 25, 2018.

1. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

PVP! Please let me slay all these noobs.
  2. Death Strudel Augur

For a full server, not an event server:
    • Pickzones/AoC's, pickzone thresh-holds reduced on high cap zones (in spite of ZEM changes, this is still LGuk, probably will be The Hole, Seb, etc.)
    • Agnarr XP
    • 12 week unlocks except kunark, LoY and LDON. 6 weeks for Kunark. LoY/LDoN with PoP as the good lord intended.
    • No true box
    • Possibly FV loot ruleset, I think this would do more good than harm, but don't care passionately.
    • Mobs tuned for 30 characters max. No MoTM, slash some HPs and ship it.
    • All 3rd party tools allowed, unless or until they are used to harm DBG servers in some way.
    This server will catch up to live, without any question at all.
    ForumBoss and code-zero like this.
  3. TeeEHLpee Augur

LOL @ eq pvp.
  4. smash Augur

Allow all classes to be playable from beginning.

Allow mercs from beginning, but only app 1 from beginning, app 2 when kunark comes out, app3 when vel comes out and so on. Mercs will run scared when only app, have to get j mercs to use on raid mobs. They still not allowed in raid instances.

To upgrade your merc you have to complete a number of tasks.

Drakkins + cats have a refugee camp in rathe mountains with the froggies.

No campfires/pok stones/port spells allowed. Old transport= your feet.
  5. Golgoret Lorekeeper

When Ragefire gets into the era where EQ starts to be not very fun (Hi Underfoot), I may be looking for a new server. Personally, given how I like to play, I would want...

-Ragefire xp
    -Ragefire boxing rules
    -2 month unlocks up until PoP, then 3 month unlocks (except DoN and PoR which would both be one month)
    -Agents of change, including agents for all the current open world progression mobs in PoR
    -Lockout timers for everything reduced by one third
    -1.0 quests redesigned to remove absurd bottlenecks that prevent people from getting epics in era (like turn-in npcs that despawn for 2 days)
    -Pick threshold in plane of fire lowered from it's current utterly absurd value of 40 to something more in line with reality like 24
    -XP in less compelling zones increased to avoid funneling everyone into zones like grieg's end, plane of fire, etc
    -Ldon and LoY released at the same time as PoP
    -DoN released 1 month after OoW, PoR released one month after DoDH

Some people have a pathological hatred of others playing more than one character. Give a server where boxers can play around to our heart's content. I want a server where everyone can play as much or as little as they want, with as many or as few toons as they want.
  6. Kritique New Member

Really glad some people are interested in tuned down raids. I hate big guilds. Would be so nice to do everything with 3-4 groups max. I loved the small raids in FFXIV (10 mans). I feel like WoW made the right call going from 40 down to 10-25 as well.
  7. Kattria Minx Augur

Maximum nostalgia server (6 months per expansion, then every three months starting with OOW)
    Voting time locked
    no boxing restrictions
    Krono allowed
    pick zones (the iteration where a group can stay in a pick)
    raid instancing from day 1

With the exception of the last 2 items, it looks like I picked the perfect server! I wouldn't mind FV item tags (meaning very little no drop items), but meh... I'm OK with tribute items.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

1. Agnarr exp at a minimum
    2. Reduce player power somehow, the current players are just overpowered to their environment
    3. Change /pick to last longer when smaller sets of folks are using them
      1. 6 players in /pick for over 2 hours, but never exceeded 12 players once /pick hits low player threshold = pick closes automatically in 24 hours
      2. 12 players in /pick for over 2 hours, but never exceeded 24 players once /pick hits low player threshold = pick closes automatically in 36 hours
    4. Truebox or some more limited form of boxing either works
    5. Epic bottle necks fix some
    6. Progress to (x) expansion, I personally never want play that far beyond POP
    7. Instances to reset on (x) day of the week
    8. Start with Classic + Kunark, then 90 - 120 days per expansion
    9. Start with more races / class combos beyond the classic start
    10. FV loot set
    11. Sleepers Tomb make it 2 versions pre / post awaken on the AOC
    12. Add in Dynamic ZEM based on population
  9. Chuuk Augur

Same as the Agnarr server except:
    1. Launch - Kunark open at unlock - would be nice to experience a full rush of players in kunark newbie zones
    2. No Truebox - 6 toons per household max though (full disclosure - I'm not a programmer)
    3. Zone Balancing - Top 5 most populated "grouping" zones per week get 50% exp penalty applied
    4. Zone Balancing - Bottom 5 most populated "grouping" zones per week get 100% exp boost
    5. Experience Rate - Same as Agnarr (Hold onto your pants! See next bullet)
    6. Experience Banking - Can bank 2x exp rate similar to WoW - will help less hardcore players catch up and give you less of a feeling of "missing out" if you're not out exp'ing all the time.
    7. Player Power - 25% decrease to player dps across the board - make fights interesting again
  10. Gemini Syringes Augur

As some others have mentioned:

FV rule set
    Agnarr exp
    Phinny features
    ForumBoss likes this.
  11. Gremin Augur

Freshness...nothing says you can't shake things up.

Bers/BSTS from the start.

Imo, put out LDoN/LoY with Luclin instead of PoP...

Allow tradeskills in earlier so they matter gear wise and are viable.

Same with certain dungeons, open em sooner.

Rotate hotzones/zems more often..make people want to go to zones no one ever goes to...

Create new content that's purely for a tlp...new dungeon that's found somewhere...

Create a server that requires higher sub, I know I would play it. Allow Subscription based players only so you can lock out the krono...if your charging higher then can have some gas around. I know this has been done before but attachin it to the tlp model might work.

20th Anniversary server should be Imo the following:

16 week no vote unlock
    AoC instancing
    NO truebox
    FV ruleset
    Subscription based only
    Krono locked out
    Server starts Velious
  12. discordkitty Augur

I want the next TLP to have Agnarr XP rates and continue until it meets live, none of this garbage Coirnav XP. The rest is whatever.
  13. Arrk Augur

I want the next server to release all expansion at the start, but level lock the player population to expansion levels for the appropriate time... 50, 60, 65, 70 etc for 3-4 months at a time.

You can try anything you want at 50... want to go to NTOV with a raid of 50's... sure go try it... succeed .... good for you.

Every race or class would be available at start since all expansion are unlocked. MoTM would still exist...
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This would be a fun niche server. I am really curious how far people could get.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Another Quarm server:

FV Rules
    Autogrant enabled, live EXP
    Everyone starts with 1 Heroic character on the server.
    Locked to Underfoot

Goal is to do a variety of things:

Completed SoD Group Progression
    Complete Timeshear Quest
    Complete UF Group Progression
    Complete Shawl 2.0 Quest except TFC Head (AoC the Iceclad Shawl Step)

Complete SoD Raid Progression
    Complete UF T6 Raids
    Complete UF T7 Raids
    Complete Convorteum Raids

You get a reward claimable on other servers for each Progression target you complete. A bonus one for completing all targets in the Group section and all targets in the raid section.

Basically it's not so much a goal to start from 0 and grind but instead starting with a template character with okay gear and max AA and just going through the content with some friends. With usable rewards on other servers like AAs or raid/group currency, it draws interest from all groups.
  16. Wolrok Elder

Level locked server. (Level lock starts at 10, then every week or two bumps up the level cap +10 until levels with AAs are reached, then slows down to +5 or +10 every couple of months).

All zones open.

Defiant armor and tutorial turned off.

No AA autogrant until certain level ranges are reached.

No Mercs.

True box.
  17. Tyche Elder

8 week unlocks max maybe 6
    Full instancing
    Test server exp or better and increasing in later expansions
    No motm or similar
    No raid lockout timers

Basically a super fast get through 20+ expansions in as short a time as reasonable. Will also flood the market with enough items that Krono camping isn’t viable.
  18. ShivanAngel Augur

Not existing for 3-5 years so the TLP population doesnt continue to get spread out.
  19. Tsar Journeyman

This
    ForumBoss likes this.
  20. Ottopaul Journeyman

I'd go with this, but change the true box to a system that allows for only 2 boxing on one machine.

I'm sure that might be hard to code/enforce, probably not realistic... but that would be my dream. Allowing 2 boxing on one machine, so i can have a pocket druid or bard or cleric or something, but still attempting to prevent/limit the mage box armies that can really monopolize things and manipulate the economy.

I've actually seen 2 boxing being *GOOD* for grouping at time. On Coirnav, I've had groups halted several times by losing a healer or some other critical role while no replacements were in LFG, and I've seen those groups saved by someone who was trueboxing a cleric or something. If people could easily box a second character, I could see there being a lot more variety of classes, and groups sometimes having a back up option. Yet i think that limiting it to 2boxing would still encourage grouping... people couldn't just handle everything by themselves (like mage box armies sometimes can), but they could have some back up.

I'd looooooove 2 boxing on a fresh server with FV loot rules. I probably wouldn't even care as much about the xp rate (as long as it wasn't WORSE than Coirnav/Phinny), if i could keep things moving consistently with a 2 box.