What class/race would you play on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mokai, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Mokai Journeyman

I love EQ and have played it since 1999. Since then I have a family and kids and now my play-style has changed. Things that were important in 99 are no longer important to me today. I do not feel a need to be #1 or the best at my class instead I have a strong need to feel included and maybe even make some online friends. I am planning to play on Agnarr when it opens and have been trying to decide what class to play.

If you looked at this from my perspective. What class/race would you play?

• You have already played all the classes and you have no problems playing them all well
    • You have a wife, kids and dogs that require your attention at an instant notice
    • You play EQ where you are a master at balancing it on that fine line of instant wife agro
    • Your eager to feel wanted in a group and to return to the social aspect of gaming
    • You shy from classes that lock you into finding replacements if you need to leave a group quickly
    • You play those “special class / race / religion” combos that are rare so you feel different and special
    • You seek out challenges to add more excitement to the game and to keep you awake

Anyone feedback is greatly appreciated… except of course suggestions to not play EQ as that’s not going to happen. :)
    ·
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If you may have to stop paying attention to the group at any given moment, and you don't want to feel obligated to find a specific replacement when you leave, you are pretty much left with dps classes imo. Any tank/healer/cc will have too much responsibility in a group for you. Mage or wizard could be a good choice.
  3. Baselisk Journeyman

bard in the low levels most of them sit and sing
    myself I box as i am in your boat - if i have to leave i don't have to feel bad at abandoning a group i am the group.
  4. Tachyon Augur

Human Wizard
  5. Kiani Augur

I think dps class fit the bill best overall. A tank, healer or CC would cause problems going afk at short notice.

The problem is, any class that *can* have the freedom to go afk at a moment's notice is probably not going to be highly desired and highly appreciated in groups, but will probably be lumped in with any other DPS class.
  6. Layne_Around New Member

I have a feeling a lot of people are in the same situation as you. This game is OLD and now so are we! Hopefully you can hook up with a group of like minded people that don't care if you have to go walk the dog or leave at a moments notice. I don't think it will be that hard to do really. That being said, a DPS class or a pure support class would be good choices - mage, wizard, necro, druid, shaman, bard, ranger. Even paladin, DK if there's already a main tank. Classes with travel benefits get the edge though, IMO.
  7. Layne_Around New Member

...forgot rogue and edit didn't work for me
  8. taliefer Augur

monk or necro

FD is almost like a pause button if you need to ninja afk alot.

id say sk, but a tank ninja afking is bad, whereas a dps ninja afking is less bad.

you will prolly lich yourself to death on a necro at least once tho ~
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Iksar Berserker
  10. MaestroM Augur

Gonna second a human wiz. Not sure which dieties are available, but pick one with a sucky golden idol option. I promise you'll be the only one on the server.

Maybe Mithaniel Marr?
  11. Misaligned Augur

Agreed. I'm in the same boat and most of the people I grew up gaming with are as well. As a result I tend to do most of my playing later at night when everyone has gone to bed so I minimize chances for interruption. If I have less time or am likely to be interrupted I'll play an alt like a Necro that can solo and FD.

A safe bet is a Wizard as people will assume you're AFK most of the time anyway but it doesn't do much to satisfy your desire for excitement except for maybe quadding.
  12. Gigantasaur New Member

Prob gonna stick to troll shaman

I like shaman because i am able to solo while working on other things / going afk often then group up when i have more time to dedicate to the game
  13. Aaramis Augur

Given my horribly casual play times these days, I need a class that can solo well but still has a place in groups/raids. As I prefer melee, I think that limits me to....Monk, and maybe Ranger.

I know Ranger very well, so I might give Monk a go. Something new.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

None. Berserker or nothing for me. Still waiting on a prog server that has every race/class open at the start, be something different to play through from the beginning as my favourite class.
  15. Ultrazen Augur

Nothing beats feign death for instant AFK needs. Monk or Necro.
  16. bkieft2017 New Member

I'm in the same situation as you exactly. I'm also trying to decide what class I wil be. Wizzy is a good option because you have the ports and most of the time sit on your butt anyway. You don't want to choose a tank, healer, or CC. So yea any DPS class that isn't the main puller: necro, wizard,mage. I honestly don't think any other class would work for us.
  17. Eyepk Lorekeeper

Will angarr be Ragefire or Phinigel starting possibilities? On Ragefire I got to roll out of era gnome paladin.
  18. Mashef Augur

100% Wizard or Mage as you can just burn full mana bar and go AFK.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Won't be able to roll gnome paladin or halfling rangers at the beginning. Come out with umm Velious or Luclin, I forget which.
  20. Snorl Lorekeeper