What are the worse alternate abilities?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Nov 28, 2017.

1. shiftie Augur

Act of valor had/has its unique uses

Zerg to a safe spot in a zone with merc on passive set merc in active stance before mobs hit you and aov merc. Merc rezzes you deep inside the zone. Mobs path away and viola your camp is set

Impossible camp to split aov in zone create corpse Rez corpse leave dialogue box up run to camp that needs split tag mobs get in range of camp accept dialogue box and Rez yourself back
    code-zero likes this.
  2. shiftie Augur

Rank 2 should ae heal the raid whenever a paladin dies no matter the reason
  3. noclue Elder

Nature's Boon druid AA be my pick
  4. Talonthalis Elder

Ok...Can anyone of relevance cite the removal of it?
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Yeah, my shaman and druid need it... that was the point.

Another BS item is I can run sword board/ defensive stance on my pally. Swap to 2 hander and i loose like 1300 ac.. yet if I do t swap and equip two tradeskill trophy’s i get to keep a bunch of ac...
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

Adorable! It's not removed big guy.

7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Rogue - Appraisal : 3 AA : This ability allows you to estimate the selling price of an item you are holding on your cursor.

It doesn't even tell you the actual amount just a vague "small amount, medium amount, large amount".
    Andarriel and Felicite like this.
  8. Felicite Augur

Dire Charm.

I bought it back in ~LDoN era because it was still the "so great" in lower PoP zones and I've regretted it ever since. At least in the Auto Grant era I can stop caring because I would have it now anyway. But back then it was some hours of work by me to get something that was useless (plus as a bonus the charm was broken by Feign Death).
  9. Lianeb Augur

Identiy does what exactly?

Other than finding a locket in a tear stained letter. Like I needed a whole aa to do one optional quest in CoF, or need to know the lore of an item with the lore tab in the item window.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Until TBM I would have voted manaburn, it was ridiculously inefficient.
    Thankfully DBG actually managed to salvage it. :)

Maybe "ward of destuction", it rarely does full damage...
  11. Just_Another_SK Elder

hmm off the top of my head.

Necromancer AA: Flesh to bone, in a world were bone chips are sold on vendors any level 1 can get too, and your only a few quick levels away from 1 bone chip being all you ever need due to passive AAs, I'd guess this could make the list

Also many classes have AAs not to consume regents which have 0 regent consuming spells and abilities - Unless this AA works on clickies (which even then what clicky takes a regent since bloody ancilles pouch?) or you have plans to add regent abilities to these classes It may fit on the list aswell.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I can't believe no bitter Hybrids said this yet:

Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery.

/thread
  13. Just_Another_SK Elder

Many quests are solved at expansion releases or during old betas by getting hints from Identify, it doesnt give you a straight path to the next step but has been useful to me in the past, although the lore tab on items is great, not every quest item has a lore tab
  14. Moege Augur

Actually disagee with you on this, when this aa was added there was no bonechip vendor. There was a meat vendor added later in Shadowhaven.
    Felicite likes this.
  15. Just_Another_SK Elder

While I see the sarcasm in your post it is still a quality of life improvement for buffing if nothing else - just didnt want the wrong red name taking that serious and completely removing it lol

Skybovv-Test
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Just_Another_SK Elder

I realise this but the question was refering to "in todays game"

Where there is a bonechip vendor (multiple actually) & we have an AA thatcomes soon after that makes us never consume a bonechip

in its inception yes it was useful, is also why my necromancer had his scythe of Sundering which procced meat on your cursor when swung back then

Skybovv_Test

*Edit* - I wonder if some of these abilities are kept just for TLP servers?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Felicite like this.
  17. Felicite Augur

Back in the day I used Flesh to Bone more times a month than Death Peace. (edit: because I sold Bone Chips in the Bazaar...)

Summon Remains has likewise made Call to Corpse (and all the summon and locate corpse spells) obsolete.
    MasterMagnus and Just_Another_SK like this.
  18. Wizlard Augur

This thread's title should be "Ideas for AAs they can remove from the game". Seriously though, this is a great place to start in simplifying the AA window/game.
    Andarriel likes this.
  19. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'll go ahead and name a more recent one ( for beastlords ) the new AA that casts our highest form of Natural Collaboration...hear me out...

People told me " it frees up a spell slot " guess what...by the time this buff wears off, it's about time to re-buff yourself with your other buffs anyway just keep it in your buff spell set...so yes I will say this AA is 100% worthless in all regards...OH and the AA is a slower cast than the actual spell, so...worthless.
  20. Belchere Lorekeeper

Nothing as bad as the pally AA, but compared to what every other single class gets, the cleric AA fade is absolutely valueless. Not only does it only work on some blue cons, but the recourse you get is only a Sanctuary - this means it doesn't even keep you from re-aggroing the mobs you did just drop, whooooo, what an overpowered AA.