What are the worse alternate abilities?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MarttinPH, Nov 28, 2017.

1. MarttinPH Augur

Either because of changes in game mechanics or just plain useless.
  2. Goodn Augur

Paladin /alt activate 76

Nothing else even comes close...
    Sheex and Nennius like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not only should it be deleted, but all memories of it should be surgically removed if possible.
  4. Atvar Augur

Reluctant benevolence. Now changed to be a proc chance only when a lifetap is cast. So instead of a small random heal that procs on any damaging spell, it's a small random heal that only procs when you lifetap youself back to full health making the need for any additional heals pointless to begin with. The purpose of the spell since inception was to be cast on any damaging spell, and it was changed on a whim with zero player input.
    GoneFission and Felicite like this.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

At least Reluctant benevolence is just useless/redundant... The one above is detrimental :p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. MarttinPH Augur

I don't know what AA that is. Is it the AA that kills the Paladin to heal someone else?

For Necromancer, they have a AE Fear storm, it only works on level 52 and below NPCs and is an AE fear for four targets. I have no idea what extremely limited situation would call it.
  7. Goodn Augur

Yes...it's Act of Valor.

Some day a Dev will add ranks to it for a bigger heal and claim it's an improvement...

Until they add more items to let you regen more endurance, the 44 !!! ranks of Enhanced Reformation for every class (casters gotta jump) are pretty stupid. Almost 1k aas to do...absolutely nothing for a vast majority of classes...and basically nothing right now for the ones that actually use endurance.

The aa to boost Charisma that went away when they merged stat aas gets an honorary mention.
  8. DaciksBB Augur

hey man, I make it no secret that I actively try to kill my paladin buddy I enjoy playing with. at least AoV lets him kill himself for me...
  9. Smak Augur

Always liked the shadowknights who, for compleness sake, got every aa they could in luclin. Including spell casting subtlety, that lowers agro generated by spells you cast. Since shadowknights are supposed to gain agro most of the time, the aa was less than useless.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

If your SK is just another DPS on a raid, SCS is good to have. This is why they made it a toggle.

As a chanter, one AA I never see using is Banishment Rune. When I punt something, I make darn sure I punt it in a direction of my choosing. Imagine accidentally punting something off a bridge in Chardok. And failing the blur part of it.
  11. Lianeb Augur

Beta has a second rank to it. Rank 2 is an AE heal for the raid
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Staff block
    Ranger 2hander aa’s....

Id have to go back and read some but there are quite a few that went to all classes w/o regards to them.

Classes with both single and group perma invis... wtf.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Staff Block is far from useless. For a moloing Monk it's critical. I never tank anything without a 2-hander, even if the AC/HP stats are lower than my 1-hand options. The combination of Staff Block, Master's Aura, and our natural mitigation abilities provides enough missed hits by NPCs to make a big difference. We can only mitigate the damage on a hit by so much. Every hit we block/dodge/etc is more valuable.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Andarriel like this.
  14. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

They took monks staff block away awhile ago. Which we thank like compared to how we use to.
  15. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I had it as recently as July, and I haven't seen anything about its removal in the patch notes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Talonthalis Elder

Can anyone cite the removal of it? I thought it was still active as well.
  17. gotwar Gotcharms

Innate Eminence. This AA actually does nothing. Adds +7 to base stats, but doesn't raise the cap, so putting points in it gives you zip. 10 ranks of it were added in EoK for... reasons.

As a side note, I actually thought this was a joke. Paladin friend mentioned it to me a couple weeks ago when we were talking about beta AA's. Legitimately believed it was him pulling a prank for shock factor.

It's not a joke. Act of Valor rank 2 is a thing in 2017.
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.
  18. HeatherPurrs Augur

The whole fireworks AA idea and the forced removal of AA you've earned is pretty bad. "EXP bonus time!" Just takes needed guild members off progression and heroic AA and puts them on that level 92 warrior alt...
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

It's still there it just is nerfed to the point of meaningless.

20. HeatherPurrs Augur

I enjoy these conversations.