What are the truebox rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loviticus, May 17, 2021.

1. Velog New Member

Doesn't matter what the rule means, it isn't enforced.
  2. Velog New Member

Let me guess, you are one of the 30 boxers claiming that you box them all on 30 unique computer systems and that they are all played manually?
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Box as many as you want until they make you stop (likely never).
  4. Lateryn Augur

It is, just not on their own. Usually takes a /report or petition to get them to investigate and if you make it look obvious , you will get it. Sure the smart ones usually don't get caught but even they do sometimes with bot checks(if they dont respond to a tell) etc. Though usually just a 7 day.

While truebox in general feels like it doesn't do much, it actually does quite a bit. Because if it wasn't there, the server would have every player running at least a full group from their main PC. The rules and risk of punishment keep the vast majority in line. Reason you see so many spending money on multiple 200-300 dollar laptops and numpads if they do decide to box. Sure a small % are cheating but you will never stop the most dedicated who don't care about possible consequences.
  5. Yteran Lorekeeper

Boxing isn't against the rules - never was against the rules, not even in 1999 - and I don't know about you, but when I play a tank/puller, I miss tells all the time. It's not a very reliable way to determine if someone is automating; a more reliable way would be a third party anti-cheat program, and if DBG was interested in actually enforcing rules, they'd have one instead of truebox.

You are leaning on a slippery slope when it comes to boxing. Most players aren't going to pay for six accounts to six box on a TLP. That a handful do really is none of your business - it's their money to spend - and the vast, vast majority of those few who do will not affect your game experience any more than a standard six person group would.
  6. Kylo Classic Augur

Because. reasons.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

No, I'm the guy who TrueBoxes 5 and will reach live on Phinny in a week. That's 5 years of TrueBox, son.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Can confirm
    Accipiter likes this.