What are the truebox rules

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loviticus, May 17, 2021.

1. Lateryn Augur

Yes by calling out a guild recruitment and saying they are publicly announcing they are breaking the rules...
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Still not convinced OP isn't part of that guild and trying to get some attention on it
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

Thread was another forum good read. It contains all the Classic EQ forum trash. Claiming someone is ignorant while also saying something ignorant. Claiming someone is starting a "witch hunt" without even knowing their intent was malicious. Endless bickering about non-important stuff. No wonder 98% of the community never bothers to come here.

OP to answer your question
    True box limits are
    1) One toon per PC on the server.
    2) You're not allowed to use 3rd party boxing software

Aradune has a server specific rule of 2 boxing limit. This isn't part of "truebox" it's just another rule beyond Truebox added to Aradune specifically.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

Do you know this person? Do you know he is doing this maliciously? Do you understand his intent is important if you're gonna call it a "witch hunt"

I think any reasonable interpretation of what the OP said would lead you to believe he was just asking a question.

But then again i didn't start raging and actually read the whole post.
  5. Machen New Member

His posting history shows he played on Phinigel, another truebox server without a 2 toon limit. He knows what truebox means.
  6. Sycopata Elder

Proble are this forum are filled with troll missinformating, like one who sentenced you can be baned to push butons simultaneous in 2 diferent computers. There alot new returned players, confused from trolls fake posts.
  7. Magician9001 Augur

That makes no sense on any level. If he know it's not against the rules how can he be trying to get people in trouble for it. Much more likely that he just doesn't actually no the rules.

Also, checked his post history since you mentioned it funny old Bobby was recruiting this guy to his guild and new Bobby is flaming him.

8. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm not going to go back and find what post you are talking about, but no one was ever banned for pushing two buttons at the same time on different PCs. What the poster was talking about is a TrueBox disconnect. It simply dumps both characters out of the world. You can immediately log back on.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. Gugagan Lorekeeper

Got a heads up from a guildy about this post, as fare as we know, the OP is not a part of our guild. I have to agree with many of the other posters, the OP is purely troll posting.
    Bardy McFly and Tweakfour17 like this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

That was me and that's exactly what I said. If you spam 2 different keyboards on truebox you get booted out. No one ever said you get banned.
    Bardy McFly, Skuz and Accipiter like this.
  11. Polpet Elder

This is always my setup for TRUE BOX Servers. I play all them by hand - using small keyboards / external numpads for ingame hotkeys. I use different internet connections to avoid the "kick" because of spamming the hot keys.

This is absolute legit.

[IMG]
    -
    [IMG]
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

That looks a lot like mine but I'm spread out about twice that much.
    Bardy McFly and Polpet like this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, and mine is about 4 times more cluttered. ;)
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  14. Polpet Elder

Okay. Pics?
  15. WokeCat Augur

Um I play with a lot of people on Aradune who are openly running like 3-4 toons at a time... what is this non-sense about a 2 character limit?
  16. Polpet Elder

There is no limit on the News Server. But i also dont understand the limit of 2 toons if they are played legit
  17. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
    Aradune
    • Launched: May 27, 2020
    • Latest Expansion: Ruins of Kunark
    • Ruleset: True-Box Timelocked Progression - New expansions unlock automatically every 12 weeks, and only one EverQuest client may be run per computer. No more than two boxes may be played on this server.
    • Experience: Progression (Faster than Classic, slower than Live)
    Supposedly it was policed more early on, but they aren't supposed to be doing it.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  18. WokeCat Augur

They for sure don't enforce it... honestly I'm not going to complain.. boxers are usually the only reason I can find a group, lol. They're the only people playing healers more often than not.
  19. Hypatia New Member

do not feed the trolls
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

In a word: Whiners. Anti-box whiners, more specifically.