Weapon procs...really?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Rorce Augur

[IMG]

This is an image from the Berserker weapon that drops in the first raid (Monsoon, Sword of the Swiftwind). I'm in disbelief by the procs that were added to it.

Stunning Command IV:
    Slot 1:Stun for 1s up to level 80

Seriously? First off, why would you put a Stun proc on a Berserker weapon? And even if you WERE to put one on there, why would it have a level 80 limit when the content is level 105? This proc is purely an aggro proc and does absolutely nothing but be a huge detriment to the Berserker.

And the Smypathetic Alleviating Burst? Berserkers don't have mana, and don't cast spells!

Please try again, because this is so disappointing I can't even put it into words.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If the patient, level-headed and optimistic folks @EQR are upset, I'd say the level of player frustration is at all time high...
  3. Warpeace Augur

But it goes so well with the class getting H2H?
  4. Wizdons Augur

is there a boat more remembered than the titanic that sunk? I just want to make sure i make a Fail Boat pic that is fitting for TBM.
    beryon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I *have* to hope this is a mistake or oversight. That someone cannot possibly have intended a lvl 105 berserker raid weapon stuns lvl 80 mobs and gives back mana. I mean that cannot be intended... right?
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Rorce like this.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I expect to find that the Warrior weapon has a deaggro proc, a DoT to break mez with, and a mana return.
    beryon and Mayfaire like this.
  8. Behelit Augur

it could be worse, you could've had a dot proc added to your 2hander like mine... I'm sure the Necros will be totally cool with me taking up a debuff slot though.
    Dre., Mayfaire, Elricvonclief and 4 others like this.
  9. Arcainos Augur

Yep, same. 255 damage dot over 2 tics. Can't believe a raid weapon would have a DOT on it.
    Mayfaire, Elricvonclief and Rorce like this.
  10. Rorce Augur

It actually is worse! Possibly the absolute worst part about this weapon is it has a type 21 aug slot instead of a type 20! So none of my weapon ornaments will fit it :(.

I'm all about the silly weapon graphics!
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Put a glove ornament in it so you can slap the bad guys silly with a gauntlet. "I challenge you to a duel!"
  12. Iila Augur

Remember, it can always get worse.
  13. Axxius Augur

Clearly, berserkers need more aggro. That's why you get a lv 80 stun proc: it generates a metric ton of aggro while never stunning the mob.

And if you ever decide to start casting spells, don't let the lack of mana bar stop you - your mana is taken care of with Sympathetic Alleviating Burst.
  14. Iila Augur

Really, it's fine for devs to never play the game they work on, what's the worst that could happen?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Axxius likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

And Enchanters everywhere wept. Oh, necros too because they have no debuff slots.

Suggestion: Spend time to increase mob debuff counters instead of wasting time with stuff like making the game more "fun" by nerfing pulling/fades, re-vamping 1 - 2 yr old content (HAs), etc.
  17. Kezik Lorekeeper

Dot procs are bad, mmmkay.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You'll take your less mob debuff slots and like it, sir!
  19. Brudal Augur

Maybe they can give Necro's an aura that boosts all other classes dots crit rate, crit damage and duration to give them a adps role.
  20. Silv Augur

I'm sure they would hate that as much as Enchanters would if they gave it to Necros.
    Gyurika Godofwar and sifonin like this.