We wanted you to think outside the box but...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 26, 2021.

1. TLP Addict Augur

Yeah sorry, looks like Aradune is getting unplugged. Circle of TLP life and all.
  2. Aiona Augur

I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but I am 100% with you on this. :high-five:

Mischief is already sold on me but this would icing on the cake!
  3. TLP Addict Augur

Wouldn't most people that make it to DoDH on a TLP server already have their setups finalized to the point where removing truebox is moot?
  4. Nolrog Augur

Give us something different. We want something we haven't seen before.

(DarkPaw gives us something different that we haven't seen before)

THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED
    Karreck and Ajjantis like this.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Actually i'm quite stoked with the new server... it's the honeypot to draw in all the krono lords and general toxic malcontents. It should sort out the box army issues on all the other TLP servers.

A master stroke ;)
  6. Elite_raider Augur

I really hope they make AC augs "common" drops in the expansions they are from, or tanks will have it even harder to gear up for raids/hard group content then they have today.....
  7. Elite_raider Augur

I really hope they make a box friendly version of Mischief so that we can at least have one non toxic server this round to. People on Rizola are sooooooo much nicer compared to Aradune, there are of course exceptions ;-)
    Zinth likes this.
  8. KrayolaKrayons New Member

To the potato guy complaining about augs. Trust me sir, they will have a workaround. Whenever people complain enough, they try to placate. Please be more optimistic. Plus nobody forcing you to reroll on phinny 16.0.2. That’s a personal choice.
  9. Zinth Augur

murdering Karendune is totally okay... and then we never speak of the thing again... Agreed?
    Faydra likes this.
  10. Zinth Augur

no, on Phinny we still added/changed boxes til the end
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

The whole paradigm will be different. People won't "farm augs" or anything else, they will farm whatever they can get and trade for what they need.

This is why I think the server will fail, because sometimes you need to be able to camp specific items to advance your character. AC aug camps are always camped on normal servers. Most other named aren't. So there very likely will never be enough ac augs to go around for the server. Maybe that doesn't matter with the mitigation changes, but it's going to make raiding harder.
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. Faydra Augur

I guarantee you the power gamers in the big guilds will find a way to fund their tanks acquiring AC augs, this won't stifle raiding nor progression in any way, shape, or form. A server won't fail from this, it will just drive aggressive supply and demand in the market.
  13. SunDrake Augur

I don't think that'd be unpopular, actually. Especially with the implications of how different both group and raid game might be. And free trade?
    Faydra likes this.
  14. yerm Augur

You dont need bis ac augs every single expac. Tanks are just whiny prima donnas. There are so many named in oow that are within 5 if the rss droppers and wildly easier to spawn that it won't matter anyway even if I'm wrong and for some reason you actually are hamstrung by minor ac upgrades before level 85 content.
    Ions likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

The issue isn't funding. Yes, the biggest guilds will be able to buy them. The issue is that they just won't drop frequently enough across the entire server. You are missing the bigger picture.

Take an expansion like OoW, and the ac augs in RSS. Especially the 25 ac aug. That room is camped 24/7 all through the expansion. The aug drops every few hours, and they are almost all going to tank mains. Now, assuming loot is evenly distributed across all named in a given level range, in order for that ac aug to drop at the same rate it used to, EVERY named in that level range across the whole expansion must be camped 24/7. That won't happen, so you will end up with less ac augs total, and they will go for a premium. So the bigger guilds that can raise lots of cash will buy them up, and less lucrative guilds that in the past could just send their tanks to farm the aug in rss just won't have any available.
  16. Machen New Member

You don't need them, you're right. But people get frustrated when they don't have access to the tools of their class. This is a little like saying, "You don't REALLY need the necros and wizards and mages to have their current era spells, you can still beat the fights without them." While true, if the casters can't get their spells, they get cantankerous and the experience is unpleasant.

I'm all for harder raids, but I don't see this as the way to go about it.
  17. Faydra Augur

We don't know that, they reserved the right for custom drop rates modifications.
  18. Machen New Member

Yes, they did. I don't see them constantly tinkering across 27 expansions. They might adjust them a bit for the first few, after that y'all are hosed.
  19. yerm Augur

Not having a spell is significantly different than not having a stat augment. This is an argument that people won't be able to focus camp the bis chase drops, which is valid, but focused on a completely irrelevant tank aug tangent in multiple theads purely because tanks are self absorbed. On a server where you can farm stuff like mpg trials for omm loot and do it again on an alt that borrowed all your main gear for dz2, it REALLY doesn't matter if some slots are down 5 ac.
  20. SunDrake Augur

Think its gonna depend on exactly how popular it turns out to be. If it does go to two servers [and of course it will unless they want Aradune all over] then they might have a real moneymaker and something that they recognize has broken the clone release expectations. If that happens, they'll likely be quite doting to the server(s). The server becomes even cooler with the Bazaar. You know from Rizlona experience that there are a lot of TLPers who actually don't care for doing classic-Luclin. I expect if ever there is a server that people would jump on later, outside of Rizlona, it'd be this one.
    Faydra likes this.