we need a raid only TLP, all characters would be instant level cap

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Evertrek Augur

if the TLP had only one character slot per account and it would be instant level cap when each expansion was installed, we would see what we wanted in the first place.

it's clear that the xp rate on TLPs are best guess simulated. it's clear that we have a mix of old and new zones (looks and mobs). and most of all the goal for the majority is end-game content.

pick a class and stick with it to raid. anyone could start a raiding guild and enjoy end-game...
  2. Syrup Augur

#Entitled
    Friday likes this.
  3. Evertrek Augur

i figured that would ruffle the feathers of some of the hardcore guilds. we couldn't have everyone raiding endgame lol. but for some this would be a new experience...
  4. Dented New Member

The destination is more important then the journey?
    Friday likes this.
  5. Silentchaos Augur

Leveling up is by far the most fun part of classic.
    Friday likes this.
  6. yerm Augur

Have any of you ever played with someone who inherited/bought/etc a character? It's not exactly my idea of a good time. I'm all on board for hiking up the xp rates, but instant max level characters that have had 0 time put into learning them in the process? Sounds like every pickup group would be a complete crapshoot.
    Friday likes this.
  7. Venthos Augur

I love the constant flood of threads, like this one, that prove my claims that the "XP rate should be faster on Phinny" crowd want this nostalgia trip to be an on-rails tram ride through their decade old gaming history. This is amazing.
    Pictarous, Friday and EQvet like this.
  8. Dizdemona Lorekeeper

And the winner of today's stupid idea of the day is.....
    Friday likes this.
  9. KumbayaMyLordNagafen Lorekeeper

YES!!!! No leveling! But why stop there? Traveling is a pain in the .
    Maybe only have one one zone with teleports to each raid boss.

Also some of the fights are kind of hard. Maybe the bosses HP should steadily decrease during the fight regardless of anything I do. Also my toon should move itself.

Really, I think we just want a classic EQ raid movie.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Captiin New Member

Yeah where is my Spectate button when a raids start? I think they should add a server emote when a raid starts like the kill ones that has a link, and when I click on it I can watch the raid in real-time. This way I can raid normally and then also fill the lockout times by watching others raid.

They should also gives us the ability to talk through peoples characters while i'm spectating like how you can talk through pets. This would allow us to have funny situations where people would think their guildmates are actually talking.
  11. Miss Shortcake Elder

we need a farm content only tlp, where everyone has an instant max level character with all bis gear. then we can raid and complain about all the rotting items nobody needs this time.
  12. EQvet Elder

On the exp thread I thought I was trolling when I said this is what people wanted...
  13. Xars Journeyman

Heroic Characters????
  14. strongbus Augur

how bout we shut down all the tlp servers they are killing the live game with all the change to them that effect the rest of the severs
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Pseudofate Augur

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES

16. Machen New Member

Nothing would be more fun than leading a raid full of people who have no familiarity whatsoever with their class.
    Rhiyannon and TrinculoDarkblood like this.
  17. strongbus Augur

not my fault that there are things that the dervs had to change for the tlp server that effected the live servers in a bad way.

Instead of linking the codes for both live and the TLP server. They should have keep them off the same setup in a way that no matter what happens on one it don't effect the other.

To many things have had to be dumb down or nerf for them to work as they did back in the day on TLP that have messed up those of us who don't feel like playing the easy mode version of the game on the TLP servers.

The way they have them linked is never going work. As changes to one can mess up the other. They need to shut down one version or make them 2 different game as to say so they don't mess with each other.
    Genoane likes this.
  18. Venthos Augur

Genuinely serious when I ask what changes have affected live? This is the first I've heard of this. I'm not being facetious, I am genuinely curious.
  19. Evertrek Augur

really, PUG raids happen all the time on EQ2 and they are a blast. with that said, my point would be players could start their own raiding guild out-of-the-box. gear up and train the new-to-raiding if any. try a new class and learn it, you are assuming no one is as good as you....

this server would be for people that like to group for gear and raid, but i don't see any issues with trade skills and farming items they need for income. my guess is the experience would carry over onto the live servers and maybe more would learn and gain the experience needed to raid or raid better.

when people ask for fast xp rates on TLP this is what they are asking for really.
  20. strongbus Augur

there are some code changes that can be done on a server by server base but some have to be changed game wide. pet changes are one of them.