Wave After Wave

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schadenfreude Augur

You trigger it by logging a character into the game while using the software everyone knows about but no one ever admits to using. That character and by extension the entire account is now on The List.

Also, don't share your account details much in the same way you shouldn't lend your car to a driver with no insurance and a suspended licence.
  2. Yirrara Journeyman

I don't know why people assume their cheat detection is bug-free, given how many visible bugs the game has.
    I didn't get banned/suspended (not using that "software everybody knows about"), and quite a few of the suspensions I know about hit people that use "the software everybody knows about", but also a few suspensions hit people that I'm very sure don't (one of them doesn't even box). This leads to people scratching heads, e.g. if some antivirus hooking into EQ gets detected as a cheat, or some other program running on the machine ...
    It's also not true that nobody got banned, I know of one ban (although it didn't coincide time-wise with the waves, but since they also didn't give a reason there it's hard to say if it's the same topic or not).
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

You don't have to be boxing, no idea where you got that idea, it's a three strike arrangement.
    7 days, 14 days, ban.
  4. Someplayer New Member

This is Funny...

Your sure they would communicate it, yet all evidence points to the exact opposite...
  5. Tucoh Augur

DPG has the most cheat friendly policy in MMO gaming, but I'm glad to see they are making moves.
    Bigstomp, Nennius, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sup Rog Elder

No it's not. People getting 7 day, then 14 day, then 7 day. You can see people talking about it on other sites. They are doing this right before the raids, because it will be the most visible. So those people can wear a scarlet letter lol, like anyone really cares. I really don't care if someone is doing something, that doesn't hurt anyone else. If they are monopolizing spawns or zones, then that's wrong. People act like it's this big problem and nobody even knows, besides the blatant bot crews, who is doing this. Doesn't really matter either way for me, but I think it's funny to see people get all excited, like their lives are going to be any better with people not using these things. I like all people who play EQ, and glad it's still going on.
    Primadonna and Fenthen like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

If someone tells you a fishing story you can just assume their lying. Thats what fishing stories have always been!
    Bigstomp, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not to try and justify the crazies, but any anti-cheating procedures have nothing to do with the developers, meaning its coders that have little to no exposure to the game, and I highly doubt they will or have put any thought into whether or not that unsupported third party program causes their detection algorithms to pop.
    Moege likes this.
  9. Drakang Augur

Too bad they want a simple if X you get smacked instead of actually monitoring the game and zones and getting rid of the problem people.
    Sup Rog likes this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I assume the anticheat detection is looking for programs that lurks/manipulate the everquest-executable's memory space.

Afaik ISB is not in that category: ISB works by sending legal keypresses to various instances of eq, rather than manipulating the instances directly. That means the EQ-instances themselves get legal input and responds as DBG intended.
    ISB also do some nifty "picture-in-picture" tricks, but it works at the framebuffer-level, which means it still only shows the info that DBG intended.
    I think that is why DBG accepts ISB. DBG is still in control of the gameplay...

Of course my assumption might be wrong, and the anticheat detection might be looking for something else entirely. :confused:

If the anti-cheat detection reacted on ISB then this thread would be much more lively.
    Tygart and Sup Rog like this.
  11. Tegila Augur

Has no one thought maybe they bought or traded for Kronos ingame from people who got them on the black market, or bought, traded, then did a charge back? Since they can trace such things through as many transfers as they like, it's entirely possible to be the culprit behind ACTUAL innocent victims. There are many reasons for suspensions and bans, it's not all macaroni and cheese.
  12. Tegila Augur

Actually you only agree the first time a particular account is logged in a given computer. I've never had to agree again on a saved login unless that change it.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

The charge back Kronos were a scandal a few years ago which resulted in some suspensions as well.
  14. Tegila Augur

Yeah but nothing says it can't happen again. They also admitted at one point years ago to erroneously flagging some accounts as cheating due to a new detection they'd just launched.
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.