Wave After Wave

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skrab, Feb 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Good job!
    Skuz, Schadenfreude and Nennius like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I haven't been surfing in a long time. Oh, you mean another kind of wave. I like that one too.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

4. Qimble Augur

Wonder how much overlap there is between the first and second. Wonder if those same folks will get hit in the third that happens right before t3 raids launch.
  5. Drakang Augur

If you hit somebody and they stop doing anything wrong. And then you hit them again you're sending the wrong message. It just makes people think they might as well do what they want if they are getting hit either way.
    Primadonna and Nobody999 like this.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Me and my friends used to go to the beach sometimes. There was one of us that was kind of a know it all (not me). She tried to tell us every 7th wave was a big one. So we counted waves. She was never right. But she still believed. The truth is - you can never tell when the big wave is coming. Fact.
  7. Schadenfreude Augur

I've seen people who had to go on a fishing trip a few weeks ago assure everyone they were fine now since they stopped doing what they were doing.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Oh you can.

It's when the tide goes out a whole lot farther & faster than usual, then you hear a roar & if you aren't already running as fast as you can by the time you hear the roar, it could be too late to escape.

But that's Tsunami wave

Ban waves are like Ninjas, they hit you before you know they were even happening.
  9. Gialana Augur

I'm slowly drifting, drifting away...
  10. Tach200 Journeyman

This message thread is like watching a dog and a cat hump. You're not sure which is the dumbest, but you're sure they are all quite dumb.
    Tatanka and Qimble like this.
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

7 days or 14 days?
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. menown Augur

Oh, I'll show you dumb. Hold my beer!
  13. Warpeace Augur

Will this be live streamed?
  14. Derka Power Ranger

Someone had to hump to make you.
  15. dwish Augur

It's actually quite humorous to see all the people that suddenly won't be able to make raids this week, and only a few have confessed it's because they were banned. I would assume 95% of the others are missing for this reason as well. Either, "bending the rules" is much more widespread then I once thought or they are just haphazardly banning people. I have a feeling it's the former.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  16. Drakang Augur

They have not banned everybody that uses other programs yet. I know some that have missed getting hit so far. Obviously, they are to worried to hit everybody at once. So the fact somebody has not been hit does not mean they are safe.
  17. Sup Rog Elder

They haven't banned them, they have suspended them, HUGE difference.
    Nennius and Qimble like this.
  18. Suana New Member

It is like towns that catch people speeding or running a red light on the camera and instead of sending tickets to everyone all at once they spread it out every 2 weeks to anyone who was caught in the last 4-6 months.

While I can see some reasoning behind this, let's say a person who did not know they would get a ticket by taking a right turn at a red light with a sign that was hard to see which said "no turn on red" and did it multiple times over a year. If they got a ticket right away, they would hopefully stop. However if they just started getting tickets starting a year later and those tickets would come every two weeks and be for every time they previously broke the law, while it would technically be correct, it would be a continued punishment for something they hopefully stopped after they first ticket.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ahh I see. So your saying the people that got a suspension should just quit now and save themselves the trouble.
  20. Derka Power Ranger

I dont know if right on red is a good example since it's not widely unacceptable everywhere. Now speeding in a photo enforced construction zone, if you get a ticket for speeding that's on you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.