Warriors, Rogues and Halflings exp bonus got removed.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Zanarnar Augur

Halflings having the bonus was a bug...

Warriors and Rogues having it was NOT. They are removing a class bonus and offsetting that with.. umm, er, well nothing and you'll like it.

Again, all I can do is think of the beginning of the Tripping the Rift short...
    Chode: "You mean with all the CRAP broken on this ship, you start with the #@$# ice-machine?"
    Gus: "Listen to me you fat purple dungpile, I'm the ship's engineer, and I decide what gets fixed first!"
    Chode: "THAT DOES IT!" (Grabs his baseball bat)

I can kindof understand fixing the halfling bonus as it was a mistake, the war/rog thing is another story though. They're removing a long-standing class bonus for what seems to be no real reason. Its not like we have this over-abundance of warriors and rogues running around because they earn a little extra xp.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  2. taliefer Augur

fans be all, "20th anniversary of EQ! one of the greatest games ever created! lets go for 20 more!"

DBG be all, "hold my beer"
    Sulle likes this.
  3. Lucky Charms Journeyman

Theirs actually lore behind why halflings have a exp bonus, it was suppose to be humans that got the 5% exp bonus as a racial but coding made it for halflings and they left it in the game and never changed it and also knew about it for 20 years.... why they take it out now is . They are changing stuff they shouldn't be changing.
  4. Iyacc Augur

As someone who has played a half-elf warrior on multiple servers - Karana/Terris, The Combine, Agnarr and possibly Selo......

This is a non-issue.

I can tell you that replacing XP in the top level is just one of those things. Keep your AA% bar on 97% and you'll likely creep up towards max even after all those raid deaths.

After dozens of DT on plane of sky raids with multiple zero rez just to speed things up (thanks Raveno!) it's still..... wait for it...... a non-issue.