Warriors, Rogues and Halflings exp bonus got removed.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Icetea, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Icetea Lorekeeper

On test server patch notes:

"Removed some legacy experience code so that experience-per-level is now uniform for all races/classes. Warriors, Rogues, and Halflings will no longer gain experience faster than other classes/races."

Halflings can live with this since it wasn’t intended for them to get the racial experience bonus, but I feel bad for Warriors and Rogues on TLP. Rogues are one of the least played classes and Warriors lose a lot of exp from deaths (DT etc).

The code was probably removed to lower server lag, perhaps boost Warriors/Rogues in other ways ? Innate AA to increase experience comes to mind or to increase rogue dps/usefulness in early expansions (Innate poison proc that can be turned on/off)

Discuss
  2. Grogak The Champion

That code has absolutely no bearing on server lag so that's definitely not it.
    Pirlo likes this.
  3. Doze Augur

I think I will henceforth refer to 'devs' as 'decs' instead - 'decs' being short for 'deconstructors' ...
  4. ShivanAngel Augur

not sure why after 20 years this suddenly is an issue
    Sulle likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

It is weird that they went out of their way to do this. And maybe the only real problem is they didn't explain themselves.

Otherwise, all these "anything to pump up exp pot sales" conspiracy theorists just get legitimized.

I always liked the idea of racial pro's/cons. It is both classic and makes your choices meaningful.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

well halflings geting the exp boost over humans was a coding error.

warriors and rogues goes back to DND times, but warriors should at least keep a 5% since they probs die more then anyone else.
  7. SweetLaxTho Elder

Lol at any rogue nerf. o_O

Maybe they will move those +xp bonuses to enc and necro.
    Thalliius likes this.
  8. Xhartor Augur

I think you could argue that pullers die more, I guess it depends on the content.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I think the real argument is... why now for the 20th anniversary do we celebrate with such an odd nerf?...
    Mittensworth likes this.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Most likely to make it simpler to normalize the adjusted xp loss system for deaths they’ll be using on the Mangler server.
    Protagonist and Pirlo like this.
  11. Bolten_DA Augur

Mind as well start doing racial bonuses too? Bye bye font stun and ac! I wish we could get explanations for this work done.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

Same as the many other things they fixed that didn't need fixing. Golden idols being made from Classic since the first TLP and suddenly they remove it. Those man hours would be better spent on things people actually want on TLP, not some vainglorious project to fix things that have long since become an ingrained part of what EQ was and is.
  13. Darkhain Elder

Then Knights should have exp bonus too, because it's knights job to take DT actually...
  14. Valanie Lorekeeper

rangers usually take dt. cause they're rangers.
  15. snailish Augur

Was likely item #37 on dev #4's to-do list and final crested the top of the list in a gap of time so they could do it.

Removing halfling bonus will actually cost them race change sales.

Not worth griping about in my opinion. And yes I have played a rogue (with lots of solo... yuck) on progression.
  16. Fhiele Augur

Thank you, coding staff, for fixing these long-time and pointless bugs. Even if people have grown so used to them they don't see them as bugs, I am glad things are getting done.
  17. Sulle New Member

People on the test server who copy their rogue, warrior, halfling's over are loosing exp because of this "fix" so it effects not jsut your overall exp gain but also your overall exp.
  18. Icetea Lorekeeper

snailish and Sulle like this.
  19. Sulle New Member

At least some good news.
    Icetea likes this.
  20. Biohazerd Lorekeeper

Dev bonus probably tied to fixing bugs so they took this "bug" and "fixed" it so they can get a raise before the company finally crashes and burns.