Warrior Gear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vironis, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Vironis New Member

Hello everyone!

Love the game so far! As a new player the community has been super nice and great to play with. Everquest has such a great community.

I am on the Phinny server. Great server!

After trying out different classes I have decided to main a warrior. I love the class and am having a lot of fun with my wood elf warrior. Wood Elf = master race! :)

I am level 19 at the moment and would like to get him some decent armor and weapons so I can tank better. At the moment I am lacking in the gear department. I dont want to super twink him or anything. Just get some decent gear.

My question is how much would it cost to get me into some decent gear that will last me awhile? I dont want to buy gear and have it last for just a few levels. I would like armor and weapons that will last a long time.

Would a kronos or 2 cover the cost of what I would need?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. Strawberry Augur

If you're willing to spend that kind of real life $ on your character. You might as spend the krono on a powerlevel, bypass the terrible XP, and wait till Luclin when gear will be cheaper and you'll get far better gear for your money. You will progress way faster that way.

Anyway, this whole krono / shady site / DBG supported RMT, weirdness, is why I don't play on phinny anymore.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You can get some pretty reasonable gear for 1-2 kronos that will last you into your 40's and 50's, if that's the route you want to go to get started.

Check out this thread for some gear tips. Guy posted his magelo about 5 posts in, and there's some good general warrior gear advice later in the thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/help-optimize-my-play.234234/

I'll go ahead and guess your idea of fun is not to just buy a power level and then AFK for like 6 weeks as the above poster suggested.

Keep an eye out for Crustacean Shell armor, AC/HP rings from a jewelcrafting player, a reasonable priced haste item (Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, Flowing Black Silk Sash, Sash of the Dragonborn, etc.), and a couple of decent weapons (Smoldering Brand is cheap and procs at low levels).
  4. Kutsuu Augur

Don't let the salty people get you down. It's perfectly acceptable to buy a krono or 2 to jumpstart your experience.

My best advice to make your plat go a long way is to be PATIENT!!! Just watch prices on the gear you're interested in and take your time before purchasing. It's very often that good deals come up and you can take advantage of that to stretch your plat far further than someone who quickly buys up all their items in 1 night.

As for weapons, IMO you should focus on getting weapons with good ratios that will do a lot of DAMAGE over just blindly buying a bad ratio weapon with a proc. Early on, the proc weapons have bad ratios and will have a low proc rate with your low starting dex. Once you're in the 50s, you'll find that you don't have to give up damage to get procs on weapons so re-evaluate at that point. I'd recommend something like a Sebilite Croaking Dirk (1k plat or so) plus a Jagged Blade of Mourning (750-1k plat) as some solid 1hers that will do plenty of damage.
  5. Vironis New Member

Wow thanks for all of the great info! I will keep an eye out for some of the gear listed. I just joined a guild and they helped me with some gear! I dont feel so naked now. Again, Thanks for all of the great suggestions.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

You can probably get crustacean armor pretty cheap I imagine it will tide you over for a while
  7. Gremin Augur

Enjoy the stuns until AA comes out
  8. OliverQ Elder

What are some good warrior weapons that aren't super expensive for starting out? Should you go sword and shield until dual wield or 2hd? Was thinking Lammy or Defiance to start with.
  9. Kutsuu Augur

For the price, I'd get a seb croaking dirk. You could go with a shield or just empty slot.